Lecher Antenna

Issues concerning sick houses and unhealthy earth energies.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Lecher Antenna

Post by Lynnie »

I've been having a look at a few videos on Youtube around geopathic stress and have come across a Lecher Antenna which looks rather interesting. There doesn't appear to be too many videos and guides on how to use it. Anyone have one of these? Any experiences, good or bad?

Lynn
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Lecher Antenna

Post by Grahame »

Check out Dame Anne-Marie Delmotte's website. She's based in Sligo.
https://www.lecherantenna-antennedelecher.com/

She also has a good Facebook presence:
https://www.facebook.com/annemarie.delmotte.50
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Thanks, Grahame, have you used one yourself or know anyone who uses them to good effect?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Lynnie wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:40 pm Thanks, Grahame, have you used one yourself or know anyone who uses them to good effect?
I have a therapist acquaintance who uses one as part of her practice - I've had a brief play with one but wouldn't call myself anywhere proficient with it.
They're very popular with the Japanese Society of Dowsing. But then, so are most other dowsing tools! :D
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
SparkTalker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by SparkTalker »

This thread caught my eye by its title.

In Electronics, especially radio, there is a device called a Lecher Line or Lecher Wires. Essentially it consists of two wire running parallel to one another. At one end the wires are connected together, at the other end they are left open (unconnected). Between the two wires a short sliding conductor is used, and by varying the position of the slider along the wires it is possible to alter the resonant frequency of the 'circuit'.

Sometimes the slider was replaced by a small bulb, and as the bulb was moved along the length of the wires the brightness of the bulb would vary from full brightness to total darkness, this occurred as the bulbs distance along the wires either caused the circuit to be resonant at a particular frequency (full brightness), or away from the point of resonance (fully extinguished).

These days Lecher Wires are occasionally seen to be used while teaching about very high frequencies (VHF) and ultra high frequencies (UHF), plus also microwave frequencies (SHF).

The main purpose of Lecher Wires was to determine or measure radio frequencies of VHF/UHF or SHF oscillators and transmitters in the days before frequency counters were available that could cover those frequency ranges. The Lecher Wires would not directly 'tell' you the frequency of the RF energy, but they would allow you to directly measure the wavelength using little more than a bulb and a tape measure!

You simply slide the bulb until you get the maximum brightness, marks its position, then move the bulb along the wires until you get to a spot where the bulb again comes up in brightness (it will go dark in between these two points). You now mark the second position and then measure the distance between the two marks you have made. This distance represents one half-wavelength. So doubling this measurement gives you the full wave length.

So lets say you measured 50cm between the points of maximum brightness, then the "full wavelength" would be 1m. To convert to frequency you have to do a bit of maths, but it's not too difficult.

The speed of light is 300 million metres per second (also the speed at which radio signals travel). So if we divide 300 million metres per second by our wavelength (1m in this example), we can say that the frequency of the energy is 300,000,000 cycles per second (to use the old terminology). In 'modern money' that would be written as 300MHz (three hundred mega Hertz).

There's a nice demo of Lecher Wires here >>

In the video you can see the bulb light up where each of the 'nodes' are, and then dim out in between. As the bulb slides along the wires you can see that there are multiple nodes, one at every half wavelength.

So, going back to the Lecher Antenna device shown in the video mentioned a few post back in this thread), it is possible to see the same outline being used, with parallel conductors and a sliding shorting bar (the small black item with a hole in over the tape measure scale).

Until I read about it on this forum I had never heard of the Lecher Antenna despite being very familiar with Lecher Wires. Something else that intrigues me about the device is the ability to 'tune' it for particular materials or energies, as this is strikingly similar to TC Lethbridge's "Table of Resonances" that he devised using his forty inch pendulum.

All very interesting stuff! :D

Mark...
Last edited by Grahame on Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected markup to embed video
"Responses are limited, you must ask the right questions."
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Really interesting video, thanks for posting Mark. I've edited your post to embed the video... instead of clicking on the link icon, use the one to the right of the font size box (it looks like a monitor), which will insert the media tags.

I'm the opposite, I'd not heard of Lecher Lines before now, but it seems Ernst Lecher developed both devices. Knowing that, I'm inclined to enhance my opinion of the Antenna by a few notches, although it still seems merely a high-tech dowsing rod to me.

Still, it would be very useful in situations where you need a scale to quantify results.

More information (and a very gushy sales pitch video) on this website.
Grahame