Something I bet you didn't know about Milton Keynes!

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Something I bet you didn't know about Milton Keynes!

Post by Helen-Healing »

Did you know that Milton Keynes has an esoteric claim to fame??

Milton Keynes, a 'new town', built in the 60s and (I have always thought) the most boring place on earth. But....the three parallel roads through the shopping centre are Silbury Boulevard, Avebury Boulevard and Midsummer Boulevard. The midsummer sunrise appears along Midsummer Boulevard, rising over the highest point in MK, the hill in Campbell Park known as the Belvedere. The terminus of this latter-day geomancy is a pond, with a powerful jet of water rising from the middle, surrounded by a circular hedge and paths leading off in the four cardinal directions!!

And you thought the pagan spirit was long dead!! :mrgreen: Or maybe you didn't....?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Something I bet you didn't know about Milton Keynes!

Post by Grahame »

Actually, I did know that, Helen. But I wonder who did that particular piece of geomancy? Sadly, at the other end of Midsummer Boulevard is the main railway station, which won't do a lot for the energy flows in that direction.... :cry:

Campbell park also has a rather nice modern labyrinth with an armillary sundial at the centre.

Also just found this on Google Earth:
the Campbell Park Belvedere is in line with Midsummer Boulevard to the west and The Tree Cathedral, Medicine Wheel and North Willen Lake island to the east. This line has been referred to as the Midsummer energy line.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Something I bet you didn't know about Milton Keynes!

Post by Helen-Healing »

Ah well...I should have known I'd be the last to find out about it! I shall pay more attention next time I visit MK.