Reactivating a Ley Line

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: Reactivating a Ley Line

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Grahame Gardner wrote: As I understand it, ley indicates a straight line - whether it's a visual ley or an energy ley. I use 'energy line' to denote a sinuous line, such as the Michael and Mary currents.
I'm not sure about the entire etymology here, but I think that the 'energy ley' term was imported back to us from American dowsers, where it is used to describe a straight band of dowsable energy, usually about 2.5m wide. A visual ley (common: "ley line" = alignment of sites) can be dowsed for, but (for me, anyway), will be very narrow with minimal width, indicating little or no energy. An energy line (again, for me) dowses slightly wider than this, but not usually as wide as an energy ley, apart from major flows like the aforementioned Michael and Mary currents.
For what it's worth, Graham, I agree with your 'understanding', particularly that a ley line contains little or no energy and therefore cannot really be called an energy ley. We don't always have to agree with the Americans :P

(mod - quotes markup added for clarity - GG)
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

OOOPPPpppssss I have put my foot in it again folks, SORRY about that.I call Ley Lines the forces that DO something,PRODUCE SOMETHING like an ancient site and some crop circles, and can be found at each sites centre, while the energy lines are those that pass active and powerful across country and are smaller...Reading the many posts I feel we all seem to have our OWN idea, and for me I find energy with them all of a sort and different widths and gender....I know the need to be precise and that, but on a forum like this its okay to wander a little, as the folks know what you are explaining often BETTER than you do.Many of the dowsers here have been AT IT for years, so I feel happy to rant in my small way knowing the truth will emerge, even if I get the wrong end of the stick sometimes...Sorry chaps for running on, I stand corrected yet again,ENERGY Lines IT IS THEN FROM NOW ON. :lol:
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

(Mike) ENERGY Lines IT IS THEN FROM NOW ON.

Good on ya, mate.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

So we can ley this discussion to rest.....
:twisted: :oops:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Danielle McCarthy-Stewart

Post by Danielle McCarthy-Stewart »

Sounds to me like the difference between an energy ley and an energy line is like the difference between an A-road and a motorway?
About the rapping of the staff to re-energise the ley (?); I wonder if it's a similar principle to succussion in preparing homeopathic medicines? The firm banging of the bottle of liquid containing the remedy is intended to energise the medicine, possible by creating vortices within the water, which give it lifeforce and thereby transfer the energy pattern or frequency from the potent substance to the whole of the liquid, turning it into potent medicine. You also do this with LM remedies, every time you use them, even after they have been made up. It seems that you have to reactivate their potency at every use. I'm sure there are lots of crossovers, as it's all about energy and a lot of it is just rediscovered wisdom, isn't it?
Note: jewelled staffs: my pagan friends used to use these (haven't seen them for a few years, moved away); the crystal focussed the magical intent for ritual work. The nicest ones were branches cut from a tree yourself (with its permission), whittled and decorated and then the jewel mounted with thong made from leather or hemp. More powerful because you make them yourself.
(moderator deleted)
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

The last time I was in Glastonbury I bought this little black book called Alfred Watkins of Hereford by his only son Allen Watkins.

Let me quote from this tome:
Allen Watkins wrote:"It was known in the family, but not outside, that he [Alfred Watkins] was a genuinely gifted psychic ... He told me that years ago he had deliberately repressed his psychism. He had discovered in his teens that he and his young sister Charlotte could read each other's thoughts and they made a parlour trick of it. But the natural sanity of his nature revolted ... He chose reason, but the other side was so strong that it had to break out sometimes, and break out it did with a vengeance on 30 June 1921!"
and also...
Allen Watkins wrote:"The truth was that ancient man was preoccupied with the occult. Inevitably therefore the Old Straight Track plan also had many features which touched the occult."
ah but, but, but...
Allen Watkins wrote:"In actual fact he did not argue on those lines.
So here's the big question: would he have argued along those lines if Society had allowed him to feel comfortable with his own psychic ability?

You won't find anything about energy-lines or energy leys in the books of Alfred Watkins but there again he doesn't mention his psychic ability either, except in somewhat guarded terms "the whole thing came to me in a flash" etc.

In similar fashion Guy Underwood's Pattern of the Past wasn't published during his lifetime because Underwood feared the reaction of the archaeological community.

We cannot argue, therefore, that Watkins knew nothing about energy lines, just because he didn't mention it. On the other hand, since the "Old Straight Track plan touched upon the occult", the energy-lines might be a part of it whether Watkins knew it or not!

Ian
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Useful info, Ian.

Perhaps someone can explain why I am still dowsing that Watkin's Ley Lines do not contain any energy so cannot therefore be called 'Energy Lines' or 'Energy Leys.

If Watkins maintained that his psychicism enabled him to pick up Ley Lines, then is it not possible that others who can locate them are also psychic ? Any 'reactivation' could depend on a person's psychic ability ?
Geoff

fostertom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fostertom »

To me, energy lines seem like children! Just pay them some attention and they immediately come to life. At Carnac, one of the mighty lines that produce (or are produced by) those stupendous arrays of stones, was very depressed. In the woods nearby, someone had daubed blood-red paint and carved/branded strange words onto trees on its line. I felt for the line's despair and confusion at that, as well as at all the commercial Carnac-stuff so oblivious to the line's existence. Within minutes it seemed cheered and lighter, glad of sympathetic company. Whether it stayed that way, I doubt. To me, rituals, procedures, piercing with rods etc are too mechanistic - sustained attention, maybe healing, is enough - just like with humans, animals, plants, planets etc.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Any ancient site or energy line when you visit knows you are close and will interact with you given you want to, Im sure as we pick them up dowsing or by other means they to know your there and interested, often the very act of dowsing around and looking about will have them pop up, so I think its very much a two way thing with natural energies of the planet/cosmos. I dont think I have ever left an ancient site feeling down, they always lift me, true the odd site may on its day drain you perhaps, but the overall feeling is always Im glad I drove over today, well worth the visit even if the traffic was murder 8)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I just had to resurrect this old topic to add a link to this YouTube video about re-activating the Stones of Stenness on Orkney by the 'Wayfinders Association of Modern Wizardry' (no, I haven't heard of them either). This is classic... :P :roll:

Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

“Classic”? In what sense? :roll: Harry Potter lives on…

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

lOOKED at the Stenness Stone Circle and it looks happy and healthy, with three Leys passing through plus a deep fault line east to west at 3200 feet under the ground, you would never get me in those clothes or hats, but good luck to those chaps, live and let live....Hello Simon,hope your well, lost your email address mate. :oops:
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Hi Mike. Have sent you a Private Message.

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Im really sure after all the time I have nosed about ancient sites be they female or male influence as soon as you start dowsing the influence and atmosphere of the place lifts, its I believe a two way thing where you get out what you put in.I remember years ago at Whichford where a lovely lady Sally asked me over to check out the new circle of stones she had erected where I found a Sacred Site fed by Leys from the Rollrights, the site had spun up to a wonderful warm place.Not just that in the woods lower down was a place where she asked to check out,it was just a spot in the woods where she and some female friends would spend time unknown to me.I walked along the edge of the wood and was drawn to a spot which to me you had to drop down to, a circle which I feel was spinning very fast under me, I lifted my arms to counter the spinning as I stepped inside.The Sun went behind clouds and the birds stopped singing and I heard nothing, it became dark and I saw the Greenman only for a moment.I dont know how long I there alone, but I told Sally I was the first man in the circle, AND she agreed.She smiled when I told my story,but never made any comment.We are on a path of discovery when we dowse, but ALWAYS protect before you do anything, as you just are never sure what door might open in front of you !!
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

In reply to Grahame's video clip post a few posts above, the Wayfinders website can be found here https://www.wayfindersacademy.org/

The Art of Modern Wizardry website is here http://www.artofmodernwizardry.org/

I've been privileged to have been out on a few field trips with one of the Master Wizards in the clip, who is also a very experienced dowser. I have learned quite a lot about other realms, beings and Dragon lines\energy among other things. To me, it feels like I have just scratched the surface of this fascinating subject.

In reply to Simon's HP comment above, yes, what they do does look very much like "Harry Potter." Then again what better way to draw attention to what you are doing, which is helping\healing the planet, Gaia, whatever you like.

Hope this helps,
Alan
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen