Isle of Wight Energy line

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Rory
Novice
Novice

Isle of Wight Energy line

Post by Rory »

(mod - 2 topics merged - GG)

Have just got back from 2 days working on the Isle of Wight and I came across a very large, 30 paces, wide energy line there running roughly NE/SW rather like the St Michael/St Mary line. I tracked it for around 5km but ran out of time to continue.

My question to everyone is firstly has anyone else come across a line like this on the island before and secondly are there any members who live on the Isle who might like to consider mapping it fully and perhaps finding its pair. I do remember seeing that Tim Markowits said he was from over there. Can you shed on this line Tim? If there is anyone I would be happy to help them with what I have mapped already.
Look forward to hearing from anyone on this.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Isle of Wight Energy line

Post by mike »

I dowsed the Isle Of Wight some time ago when a friend moved there from Cornwall, and above their town I found three sacred sites looking over the Solent on the south side there, across from Lepe where I used to go fishing from the boats there, with our party of Midlanders from the pub....I was the only one who never drinked, so I took the boat helm every time, I think thats why most of us are still here. :mrgreen:
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Rory wrote:My question to everyone is firstly has anyone else come across a line like this on the island before and secondly are there any members who live on the Isle who might like to consider mapping it fully and perhaps finding its pair.
Sorry Rory, I must have missed this post at the time otherwise I would have responded sooner....

I wonder if your line is part of the Belinus Line as researched by Gary Bitcliffe? That website is relatively new, and I'm glad to see his book is finally being published - I for one have been waiting on this research for some years!
I've dowsed bits of the line in Scotland, and a couple of places in England, notably St. Catherine's Hill in Winchester, although I wouldn't say the two currents were as wide as 30 paces.

One of my dowsing students came from the Isle of Wight. I'll PM you the details so you can get in touch.

Edited by I.P. 23.9.09 - corrected missing '/' in url mark-up
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Grahame
No the line I dowsed had a SW NE direction and I picked it up again to the East of Chichester on the Mainland as well as its pair. On the Island one of the pair enters around Horestone point and heads across Ashey Down. I just do not have time to map this one.
As for the Belinus line, I checked the map on the link and noticed it runs through Uffington and the Rollrights. I have found a pair of lines that follow that same roughly North South direction that run through Uffington, they are only about 5 paces wide each. Would these be the same as the Belinus Line do you think, or are they not wide enough?

Can't make the conference this year unfortunately, I am taking my son up to Teeside University for his first year there. Hopefully we can catch up sometime soon after that. I hear you are doing a talk in Wiltshire in October - will try to make that.
Regards
Rory
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Rory wrote: Would these be the same as the Belinus Line do you think, or are they not wide enough?
Yes, that would be more like it. At St. Catherine's Hill, the widest I found the lines was about eight paces, but in other places it's been nearer five paces.
I hear you are doing a talk in Wiltshire in October - will try to make that.
No, sadly I'm now unable to make the EEG event in October, but don't let that stop you attending - I think the list of speakers is looking pretty impressive!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Thanks for that Grahame
I will look for the Belinus line again as it does seem to be similar to the ones I found at Uffington.
Sorry to hear you will not be at the meeting in October, I am sure we can catch up another time
Rory
patsy may

Post by patsy may »

Hi I live on the Isle of Wight and would be able to help you with looking for the Ley lines.What other info do you have that may help me,I dont think the line you found is the Belinus line,but it may cross on Ashey near the sea mark.The Island is known as Dragon Island for a reason,2 dragons nose to tail.Hope to hear from you soon.Pat Dean
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

HI Patsy
Great to hear from you and thanks for the note about it being known as the Dragon island. 2 Dragons nose to tail potentially could mean 2 large energy lines crossing the island. If you would like to find them, I can help you start by telling you where to find one of a pair of lines (the pair will run alongside it somewhere a few miles either to the north or south). I only had a short time to dowse this so can only give you the places I found the line. Firstly it runs NE SW though Ashey Down so if you walk around that you will pick it up easily. It may well be that the Belinus line also runs through Ashey Down. If it does not, as it is N/South it will definitely intersect with this pair of lines. From Ashey Down I tracked it running up and through a small church just to the North of St Helens. Where it actually hits the coast I am not sure but there are plenty of places it could choose from and a short walk across the area will enable you to find it and probably its partner.
Anyway I wish you all the best with that and it should help you go on to find other lines on the island as well. I suspect that with the Dragon story, there are at least 2 major lines on the Island and it would be a worthy project to go on and find them. I am interested in mapping all the major energy lines in the UK and by that I mean the ones over 25 paces wide. If you come across any of these, I would love to know about them.
Regards
Rory
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Not been much written for a while on this side so I thought I would update you with a bit more on this Isle of Wight line. I found it again running through Tonbridge Wells and heading for Whitstable. So if any of you live near to the alignment you might want to see if you can track it down.
Islander

Post by Islander »

Hiya

I live on the Island and have been working Dragon over here and now I have *found* here!
So I would love to learn and find more out please
AlsoI have recently been drawn back to learning Dowsing so if anyone close by the Island please let me know!
Thanks
Steve
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Steve and all you other dowsers on the Isle of Wight.
I have an update you may find of interest. I was able to drive by Portsmouth today and can give you an update on the North South pair of lines that I came across first up near Chesterfield. The more Eastern line of the pair is likely to miss the Isle of Wight just off shore of Bembridge, however the Western 30 pace wide line of the two looks like it is heading for Bembridge.

If you find that one and you then look for the 30 pace wide line with the NE SW direction that runs from Ashey Down to just North of St Helens, you may find that they cross over on Land. I see three places on the map that are possible - Hoarstone Point, Node point (Intriguing name there) and thirdly they might cross over at the remains of the old St Helen's Church.

I have not had time to track the other NE SW line of the pair and that may well run to the South of the line I mentioned. In this case there is a chance of another node with that one also crossing this North South line.

Anyway you might have some fun with these
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

I know this is getting away from the debate but if anyone who has already ascribed to this thread or is living on the Isle of Wight and wishes to do alternative stuff this may have some interest. It would interest me very much if you could confirm or deny my findings or add yours.

A year or two back I reported my dowsing results on this web site and Geoff and others were able to comment.

Okay,I believe that in the South West of the Island there is a very sacred place at Brook.
Here stream water is flowing over the cliff onto the beach but if you can go to where the water is coming out of the ground in a wood opposite the church you may sense this. There is also a wonderful atmosphere in the very old churches closeby namely Mottistone and Brighstone - several older churches I believe were built on these sites prior to the present ones and good energies to dowse over. Regretfully the Brook Church burnt down about a century ago but the new one constructed still has a very strong energy line running down the church I believe from the Font.
Looking forward to any feed back but sorry to interupt the original thread.
Arthur
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Arthur

Thanks for your contribution. I would agree with your beliefs that the Brook area is very sacred. Not far away there is a Standing stone called The Long Stone near to Mottistone. The Brook area and the Long stone are found along the same angle and direction as the energy lines I dowsed the other side of the Island at Ashey Down, then again near the Witterings on the UK coast, then at Tonbridge Wells. They all appear to be on the same alignment of 2 large energy lines.

It would be good if one of the dowsers on the Island could confirm the exact location of the 2 lines in the Brook area. I measured them to be around 30 paces wide.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Thanks Rory,
Good to know that interest is to be had in this area, but I don`t remember coming across the Long Stone at Mottishead - I must have been too absorbed in what I was doing at the time.
I would think that a place like the Isle of Wight would benefit by a comprehensive info book all about the things being discussed here and perhaps updates made say every 5 years to include new discoveries.
Arthur
Morwennauk

Post by Morwennauk »

Firstly let me introduce myself. I live on the Isle of Wight and am totallly new to the idea of dowsing, I really want to learn because I'm interested in Ley Lines. I am a crystal therapist and so I'm very into earth Energies. I'm looking for a tutor. I can easily use a pendulum already.
Main point of my reply is to Rory re the name Nodes Point. "Noddy" is the Isle of Wight dialect nick-name for the French. There is also a Node's hill in Newport, where a battle with the French was fought. The French did invade at St Helen's too.(that's where Node's point is) Now a ley line may well run through this point, but the name comes from the dialect nick-name for the French- probably.
The old St Helens parish church, only the tower remains on the sea front, started out as a priory. It is speculated that it was built where it is so that the abbot could view the parent order in Chicester. (It was a Cluniac priory) Right next to this site is a stone marking the source of the river Yar. So this is a more likely place I would suspect for the Ley line. But Node's point and the St Helen's church are only seperated by a few yards.
In addition do you know about the famous 7 wells (now covered over) on the village green. The water drawn from these wells was reputed to stay sweeter longer than any other water which is why the Royal Navy ships, including Nelson's HMS Victory, took on board their water here (see plaque on church site commemorating the visit of the Victory before Trafalgar)
There was a methodist sect in existance who 'worshipped water' the site of this chapel, now demolished, being in a narrow lane off the green called Chapel Lane.
Modern research on the water in the wells of St Helens traces it's source to the Alps, possibly the Rhine via an underground river.
Finally the original stones of the old St helen's church were much prized by sailors for scrubbing the decks of their ships. They were known as Holy Stones. I once picked up a chip to bring home. By the time I got home (I live in St Helens) the stone was burning in my hand.
I gave it to my sceptic and atheist lodger to hold whilst I removed my coat, he promptly dropped it exclaiming
"Ow that's hot."
Hope this helps, and if anyone is coming to investigate please consider taking me, as a rookie, along.