UK Map of Major Earth Energy lines

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: UK Map of Major Earth Energy lines

Post by Grahame »

Well, first you click on the link I posted (or CLICK HERE to save you going back a page).

Then, and assuming you already have Google Earth installed and running (if you don't, click here to get it), you click on any of the links in the UK alignment section (there are currently three available), and the file should open in Google Earth automatically.
If you're using Internet Explorer it might get a bit confused about it and you may need to save the kml file to your computer first, and then open it using the File menu in Google Earth.

You can also see two of the placemark files in action as interactive maps on my blog page.
Have fun!

(edit - links updated Jan 2017)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
fostertom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fostertom »

Moving towards doing some mapping. As someone reasonably computer literate but competely green about mobile phones, satnav, GPS etc, I'm a bit baffled, trying to research GPS as a way of plotting lines. Anyone give me a few pointers or an idiot's guide? Is affordable GPS sufficiently accurate to record the serpent coils of a female line, of the order of 40m across? Or associated parallels and vortex-type things @ 2.5m centres? As I dowse along the line, clicking a button (as I imagine it) to capture points, how many metres apart could those points be, with useable accuracy? Would the GPS device be on a mobile phone, or would it be a dedicated device? Could the points, or even a smooth line through them, be appearing, as I go, on Google Earth on an iPad or something? What other questions should I ask?

BTW, I just found the Centre for Research into Earth Energy Systems, of Durham University. Sounded promising, but turns out to be about oil exploration!
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Tom;

The short answer to your question is no. Current GPS technology isn't that accurate - you're lucky if you get better than 15 feet accuracy in most cases. However, some people have been experimenting with GPS plotting - Tom Graves talks about it in his 'Disciplines of Dowsing' book (download it for free from there); and Hugo Jenks has been experimenting with an electronic rod that plots your course and dowsing hits on Google Earth as you go. So it's getting there; you could manageably plot something 40m across, but I think 2.5m would be pushing it a bit too far. Give it a year or two. 8)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
fostertom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fostertom »

Meanwhile .. ah was still researchin' ... looking at GPS forums etc but amazingly little on the present or even the future prospects for high-accuracy handheld surveying or line-making.

How about the very recent switch-on of EGNOS, the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service, which the press releases say by now already should have improved accuracy from 15m down to 1 or 2m, on EGLOS enabled handhelds - that means all recent machines. I can find nothing on how the hopes are actually panning out. This wd make a big difference - no?

My interest is also in quick-and-dirty architectural land-surveying - layout and levels - of buildings' surroundings, especially for study of solar penetration to the building requiring creation of a 3D model of the horizon, which is consists of both distant landscape and nearby trees, buildings etc.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

The EGNOS will certainly help, if you have an enabled handset. In the US they have WAAS, which improves accuracy by cross-referencing with ground-based stations. Over here, the best accuracy is actually coming through smart mobile phones that have what's known as a-GPS, where they cross-reference the GPS signal with the mobile network location finder to improve accuracy (I'm already using my mobile more than my GPS for geocaching). This is only good if you are getting a signal of course! But that's the future, I reckon.
Grahame
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

I am hoping you will see a rough picture here. It consists of 9 major earth energy line alignments (ie a pair of lines). Two of them are recognisable as the St.Michael/St.Mary alignment and the Apollo/Athena alignment, another has been mentioned in previous threads on this forum by myself the NW/SE Coventry Birmingham line. The others may or may not be new to you. I would point out that there may be more, I just have not found them - yet.

It has taken a while to dowse these lines at various locations across the UK so I have not been able to do accurate local dowsing so will leave that up to any interested dowsers. It would be hear others enjoying their own tracking of these lines and in finding out where the cross over.

Two things I would mention. Firstly these are alignments, not the actual lines so where these alignments cross, that does not mean there are 4 or more lines crossing over in one node. Secondly, each of these lines are also around 30 paces wide which is the criteria I have been using, rightly or wrongly, to describe these as 'major' lines. There are many other lines of smaller widths but I have had to leave these as they are too numerous. (There may even be some lines that are even wider)

If you would like more information on these major alignments, there is a book called Dowsing Observations which is only available via this Society's bookshop. If you have not already seen the article on dowsing earth energy line signatures, this book covers them in much more detail.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Some years ago I went with a friend to the meeting of the Leyhunters group, and some of the members had complex maps of energy/Ley lines from all over with road and town markings, and some produced on OS maps even, now they were the sort of maps to have, sure some printers would find a market for such a booklet ?