UK Map of Major Earth Energy lines

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Rory
Novice
Novice

UK Map of Major Earth Energy lines

Post by Rory »

At the conference last year the audience was requested to think of ideas on how the society could promote itself more to attract more members.
At the time I proposed that the society should have some 5 year goals. Some in the audience thought that a fairly good idea. It is on that theme, with just one particular 5 year goal in mind (and I strongly think we should have a few others) that I would ask for thoughts on the idea that the society could aim to produce a Map of all the Major Earth Energy lines in the UK of the kind like the St.Michael and St.Mary and the Apollo and Athena. Before making a suggestion on how that might be done, I would point to the newsworthy side to such a production and how easily it might be promoted in the local and National Press. I would expect that many people up and down the country would begin to show an interest in dowsing and many would begin to take it up and become members.
As to how it might be done, I would first suggest to look for members who might want to offer to become volunteers to map the lines in their particular chosen area (large or small). Then as a line was tracked in and out of one area to another, another member in the next area would take over. I have several starting points where I have dowsed lines similar in size the ones mentioned above and people in those areas could start the tracking off. I know of, and have personally dowsed in the field, around 5 other different pairs of lines in England and I am sure there are some more further North of Middlesborough, I have just not had a chance to look. I have also not got the time to track all of these lines and am only aware of their presence and direction in a few locations. There are several map dowsers and I am sure they could assist in a form of double checking role as well.
Anyway, I hope I am not treading on anyone's toes in making this suggestion, in that such a project is already underway - or even done!. If anyone does happen to know this, I would appreciate knowing so I can let others get on with it. If the society wanted someone to compile all this information, I would be happy to do so on its behalf.
So if anyone has any comments they would like to make on this and/or if they have any reasons why it might not work, or not be a good thing to do, or even if they have a reason why it would not help increase the membership I would love to hear from you.

(mod - moved to Earth Energies - GG)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: UK Map of Major Earth Energy lines

Post by Grahame »

Rory wrote: Anyway, I hope I am not treading on anyone's toes in making this suggestion, in that such a project is already underway - or even done!. If anyone does happen to know this, I would appreciate knowing so I can let others get on with it.
We actually started on this a little while ago, Rory. Remember(link broken)? This is obviously more geared towards straight alignments, but serpentine currents can also be plotted using this method, albeit with somewhat more difficulty.

Feel free to contribute your placemarks - email them to me and I'll compile and host them on the website.
If anyone has any such maps on paper and would like them added to this database, send them into the office and we'll get them transcribed, compiled, or whatever you call it.

A caveat on map dowsing some of these - Chuck Pettis of The Geo Group did such map dowsing for the Seattle Ley Line Project. In his book Sercrets of Sacred Space (I think also available from the BSD shop), he describes being hit by various sorts of psychic backlash whilst dowsing some of the lines. Novice dowsers should not attempt this sort of work.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

So what you are saying Grahame is that no one is mapping the serpentine lines in the UK as of yet that you know of. Is that correct?

I have had a look at the Google earth site and can see it has merit for straight line leys but would definitely agree with you that it would be much more difficult, if not impossible, for easy and accurate mapping of the serpentine-like lines like the St.Michael and St.Mary. I think that, for this sort of thing to work, it also has to be an officially recognised goal of the society - one that is clearly set out and time tabled with volunteers who have openly requested to be involved. I am not sure of the Society's processes and procedures with regards to setting and achieving medium to long term goals, along with involving several of its members, and would ask if anything like this has been done in the past.

Having said that, I am well set up with my own mapping system and technology to run and organise such a venture and, should the society choose to set it up as one of their medium to long term goals, I would be more than happy to help achieve an aim like this on their behalf.
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

Rory,
I would be willing to help with that.
if I could make a couple of points though?
The most readily marked , and mapped places are the churchs.
They are all(late victorian to modern not) are upon definate and easily verified leylines, in particuler the cross at ninty degrees that they are built to.
this link is the best clue to this,
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/ba/ba94/feat2.shtml (link broken)

Everyone of their alignments along the aisles direction is already recorded there, to a compass bearing.
Those churchs are aligned to the straight line geometry involved, but they are so positioned to maximise the flows that are referred to as serpent like that meet at the area where the church is.
The straight line geometry has to be taken into account with the fact that the surface area is that of a sphere, thus Rhumb-line pathways will result from straight lines, if you are not carefull.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhumb_line
The other thing to keep in mind is scale,and that the detectable is scalar, that is it exists in scale from the smallest of all out to universe.
Kevin
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Rory wrote:So what you are saying Grahame is that no one is mapping the serpentine lines in the UK as of yet that you know of. Is that correct?
Correct. Some work has been done by one member in mapping well-publicised findings by dowsers, including serpentine currents like the Michael & Mary lines, David Cowan's lines, Guy Underwood stuff, J.Havelock Fidler's work on the Applecross peninsula, and several others that I can't remember at the moment (it's late). The lady in question had painted a huge (REALLY huge!) map of these for Conference a couple of years ago. That's what inspired me to start the Google Earth alignments. But I don't know of any other such ventures.
Rory wrote:it would be much more difficult, if not impossible, for easy and accurate mapping of the serpentine-like lines like the St.Michael and St.Mary.
Actually, it's not that difficult. You can plot paths that are not straight lines by connecting a series of points. Fiddly, but not impossible. You could even plot these points in the field using a GPS device and then import them directly into Google Earth (although I'm not sure if you can do that in the free version, nor do I know how to go about that in the first place!).
Rory wrote: I think that, for this sort of thing to work, it also has to be an officially recognised goal of the society
Although it's a worthy goal, the Society doesn't really have the resources to mount such a large project. It would require a massive coordination effort and a lot of voluntary help to make it work. However, if you're happy to offer help on this, I'm pretty sure the Earth Energies Group would be interested in developing the idea further. I'll PM you offlist about this.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Kevin
Thanks for your offer of help. With regards to an area around where you live, how far Northwards and Eastwards would you be prepared to travel to track these large lines. I have the area South and West of you covered already?

Grahame
Many thanks for your reply and I do note the early hours you must have been up. Yes I am happy to co-ordinate it and do not see resources as the problem as long as we can find volunteers. That would be my first task to see who might want to help in their local area and how wide an area they would be happy to work in. Depending on the areas that emerge, I would start with those areas that I know have major lines in and contact those people with the details of where to start looking. As their tracking of the lines reaches the edge of their area, the person who had volunteered in the next adjacent area that the lines had passed into could then be contacted to take over and continue the mapping. I would be happy to co-ordinate this, but would want to know it was an officially recognised project and supported by the association. I would also say that it would only be to map the major lines and not the smaller ones - that would be far to great a task to undertake at this stage. Please feel free to contact me any time about this and we can speak on the phone if necessary as well.

Rory
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Very commendable I would say Rory, but wonder if there is a chance to attract public interest to give incentive for such labour intensive work.
I would suggest the major lines you talk of could have more info attached to them, such as the colour and vibrationary rate of a line say at a spot every 1/4 mile with a time and date recorded. Also when it passed through a house and the occupant/s were willing to divulge any poor health state and of previous occupiers this could help reveal solutions by dowsing/healing if allowed for their benefit.
Arthur
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Arthur
It is a great idea you have to add more information to the project rather than just the position of the lines. What might be difficult is for everyone to try and add something universal - for example your every 1/4 mile dowsing. Not all of us have the same skills. With regards to your other suggestion regarding particular houses and people within them and how they are coping is an excellent suggestion, but again not every dowser would have the skill to do and report this. The whole idea was that we managed to get as many dowsers as possible to dowse the major lines in their area and when they had tracked them out of their area, the responsibility would then fall to the next dowser in the next area to continue. I think that every person who dowses can dowse the major energy lines, however all these people will also have various other dowsing talents and that is where your suggestion has merit. Where their other talents come into play, they can report what they find with regards to the lines. The whole thing could eventually become a series of miniature reports by everyone involved. Many hands make light work and interesting too as we could all learn from each others work that way.
Anyway, this is the idea. What I would need is support from the association to promote the idea and to get people to say they would be happy to help by dowsing and reporting on their own area where they live. Having said that, there may be some people who might not get a chance to contribute if the major lines do not then run through their area.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hello Rory,
Good of you to go forth with this one.
Mine was only a suggestion, others may contribute either before or during this exercise with hopefully valuable info or their physical presence.
I regret that as I am now living in spain on a temporary basis I will only be able to assist as a distance dowser.
If for instance you find a ley line does a sharp turn in any direction I would be pleased to give a second opinion if requested why this has occured.
I can only wish you all the best but believe you need plenty of input to help obtain the support you seek.
Good luck,
Arthur
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Arthur
I would certainly be interested in your input as to why some lines take wild swings in other directions. What sort of information would you need - a map reference or a place name? Would you need the directions and widths of the lines as well? It is my guess that past human intervention has made these changes both consciously done and unconsciously done.
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

Rory,
You live near avebury?
If You go to the cove and find the flow going through there, it comes from the stone further out in the field away from the red lion, it then turns aprox 15/20 feet and goes through the cove.
It turns upon a geometric point that produces a dominant cross feature, all of the points do.
The flows are acting under attraction, always chasing towards the next point of least resistance, hence as that flow enters towards the cove , it is induced to follow a left curve onto the left arm of the cross feature.
the crosses are not always at ninty degrees.
The geometry is produced to fibonacci sequence.
the lines are carrier and neutral, the flows are dual and have seperate polarity.

the link to the churchs establishs their orientation, but the flows between them will be more serpent like, the serpent description is because of the circulation about different geometric points going in opposite directions, similer to cogs in a clock mechanism.

It really depends upon the dowser then which flow they lock onto, the main flows at any geometric point will have the cross dominance, but the whole geometry is composed of many many more input lines.
If You are picking up on the bloch wall between two points, that width varies relative to the two points distance apart, which will always be a fibonacci measure to inchs , such as 144, 233 etc, but the cross widths will vary relative to the angle of the two points centres, a through flow will follow straight through at the width of the two points, but it will depend at what angle the cross is formed about them what width the four arms will be arms will be, it is this feature that leads to turn.

it would be far easier to meet and mark all of this out, then anyone else coming on board could be shown what to follow, and the terminology to use.
kevin
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Kevin
Yes I live near Avebury.
As I have said to you before, you appear to be ahead of many people in your dowsing and your understanding of the subject is not easy for others to follow. The more detailed your questions when you dowse will almost certainly give you more detailed answers. This may or may not be easier to understand, but it definitely complicates the whole thing.
At my level, I am aware that asking for a particular type of flow can get an answer. With a slight variation of the question I can get a different question. Try Moon connected Flow, then Sun connected flow, then dominant flow. Try this over time on the same line and you will get variations - even pre-eclipse time and post eclipse time. I am still trying to work out the answers to my simple questions. However I am also certain it will be soon time to meet with you at Avebury to discuss these things in person and in a practical way. Not least so I can probe and question your more to understand more about your work.
Hopefully in the summer there will be more time for this.
At the moment, many thanks for your feedback
Regards
Rory
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

Rory,
it would be really good to meet up, I am determined to draw out the geometry of silbury hill, so I will be down that way as soon as I possibly can be.
If we were to draw out avebury as well, then wouldn't that put the cat amongst the pidgeons?
I find nine lines to every so called leyline, they cover aprox 200 feet , thats about a pencil width on most maps.
locally you need to show the nine lines to see the geometry, but it is all scalar, which means it is to scale, from whatever point you observe, it will be above as below, no matter how far out you go, or how small you try to see into.
Kevin
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Looks as if your time is cut out Rory.
It is interesting that Kevin is coming from another angle on this as will many others.
I on the other hand am more at home making contact with the unseen intelligence in a more direct way for answers.
Initially to request permission to have contact with the Guardian of the area in question.
Asking if he/she is happy and healthy and if there is anyone/anything he believes in the area need to be helped as an opener.
When for instance that sudden change in direction occurs he/she but mainly a He I find is able to know the answer.
I feel you are right when saying that ley lines can be man made.
Much of the energy line work I did at the Round Tower churches in east anglia were I believe related to man made trackways.
The flow directions I found coming from settlements through the towers were leading down to rivers and streams.
I felt the flow direction in these instances were due to a happy water gatherer getting away from the chores of the settlement, but never found this in reverse, even though the line has different components.
I also found that a sudden change in direction of the line was due to the settlers paying homage to an oak tree, a pile of stones,water or boggy ground etc.
If you did make contact with me requesting help, if you could make a note of when the first exercise of that day needed an explanation - the second exercise, and so on. than our unseen sources could confure and I would than get back to you with what I`m told.
Happy hunting.
Arthur
shaunb

Post by shaunb »

Hello Rory,

I'm delighted you have suggested this as I believe its the only way we're ever going to successfully study earth energy lines, the science behind them and the human interpretation of them over millenia.

I have been tracking many lines in the north Wales and north Shropshire area and have built up quite a complex web of interacting lines. Many of these lines obviously link sites such as ancient church's, hillfort and standing stones. I believe I have discovered previously unknown archaeological features and through my work have discovered many vateran trees along ley lines.

I have plotted these lines onto map on my computer using a GPS device and refering to aerial photography. I am willing to submit this data in order that we can begin to build up a national picture.

The other comments you have had from Kevin and Arthur confuse me, I must admit, I am a trained scientist and deal with this study as such. Some points:

1. I never ask questions when dowsing, I maintain a clear mind, to ask questions at this stage could confuse what I'm detecting and I need to stay constant on this. If an observer starts to vary the callibration of his instruments mid-observation the result will be meaningless.

2. Serpent Lines / Straight lines, I know not what is mentioned here, the lines I track all meander at the small scale, ie the ley will weave across a field or two, but when plotted that meandering lines is straight, that is until it meets another line and its course will deviate by around 15 degrees, until it meets another and again its course will deviate again, this ultimately produces on the map a Spiders WEB of ley lines.

I'd be interested in you're feedback on these points and how I can contribute further to this project.

cheers

shaun