Stonehenge / Glastonbury alignment

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Stonehenge / Glastonbury alignment

Post by ledgehammer »

Hi all,

I am re-reading a book about Glastonbury at the mo , the book talks about energy lines and the Holy thorn, Tor and Abbey. I do need to spend more time at Glastonbury!!

However, the book mentions briefly an alignment (probably energy line) that runs from Stonehenge to The abbey, has anyone else heard of this? The source is quite reliable otherwise I would probably be tempted to dismiss it considering the significance of the sites.

in addition to this I know a few of you guys use google maps / Earth, what do you find more usefull for multiple marking of sites, on the G.Maps Im using you cannot seem to have multiple markers (although I may be missing something, please let me know!)

Any advice feedback is always Welcomed

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Re: Stonehenge / Glastonbury alignment

Post by Ian Pegler »

There's a freebie software tool called EasyGPS which is good for storing GPS information. The "waypoints" are the lat/long coordinate pairs and the straight lines joining them are called "routes" (not "tracks"). So you can represent a straight ley-line as a route joining two waypoints.

http://www.easygps.com/

Once you've got the info stored in EasyGPS you can export it as a KML file which you then place on a website somewhere.

Then, when you go into Google Maps and type in the URL of the KML file, GoogleMaps will display the data.

Hope this helps

Ian
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Ian,

wow! when I get my download limit refreshed I shall explore...

many thanks

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I shall have to try that, as I was wondering how I could plot all the Black Water Lines that cross Coventry on the Google Map, so I can keep an EYE on whats happening each summer, if more appear or once cleared do they remain cleared, I think they do, BUT want to know for sure. :roll:
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

ledgehammer wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:52 pm the book mentions briefly an alignment (probably energy line) that runs from Stonehenge to The abbey, has anyone else heard of this?
Another bit of thread necromancy here... The alignment referred to is of course the Michael alignment. It was John MIchell who first wrote about the connection between the abbey and Stonehenge.

If you have 40 minutes or so to spare, there is an excellent video tour of Glastonbury Abbey from Peter Knight on YouTube (Peter really is an excellent speaker!):

(related thread: Michael/Mary Line).
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.