Alignments in South Shropshire

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Rachel H

Alignments in South Shropshire

Post by Rachel H »

Greetings folks,

I have been cataloguing and investigating the many alignments and related forms I have found in and around South Shropshire. I wanted to find out what else has already been documented to gain a fuller understanding. Having done some googling I have managed to include some of Alfred Watkin's lines, and discovered the Caerlaeon line, Montgomery line , Sun line, etc . The sources of info are here there and everywhere. Are there any resources that will make my task easier, or will it be me that creates this resource? I have mixed feelings about Tom Scott's ley finding website, though I think it's a brilliant idea, and wondered what others have made of it.

All the best Rachel H
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Alignments in South Shropshire

Post by Grahame »

Google Earth is your friend. It makes it very easy to plot alignments. I've plotted all the Soc'y of Ley Hunter leys using it, and there have been a couple of other contributions from forum members.

Check out this old thread about it. I've edited a few of the posts in there to make sure the relevant links are working.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Rachel H

Post by Rachel H »

Thanks Graeme for such a prompt and helpful reply.
I shall look into the links. I have started looking at the society of ley hunters alignments. I have a number of books, and the hedge druid has some info too.

If there are any further sources of existing ley maps I should be much obliged to know of these. I guess the time is upon us where the info is starting to be collated, and one day there will be a national database, all very exciting!

Thanks again Rachel H
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Its a wonderful idea to plot the Ley/Energy Lines across the UK, and perhaps other places world wide.But I found these are affected every year at December 3rd when they all increase or decrease in the four year cycle. What you dowse this Summer might go missing in the New Year, only to return again a couple of years later depending on what period of the cycle you are passing through....If you plot the Leys at Avebury Avenue you will see the increase or decrease much better, since you can walk across the field there to count them from 64 down to 8, depending on what period of the cycle you are passing through, from the edge of the field/fence to the road in the east they spread right across at times.