Does anyone have pictures of Ley Lines?

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
DawnMac

Does anyone have pictures of Ley Lines?

Post by DawnMac »

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and am interested in learning and exploring more on Dowsing.

Lately, I have been looking at the standard Ley line maps available online and wondered, if anyone has taken a picture of/if it's possible to take a picture of a Ley line? I did a search for pictures of Ley lines and read through the results but did not find anything.

Please feel free to let me know if this is a bizarre or silly question?

Looking forward to joining your online community. :)

Dawn Mac
Dawn MacC :)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Does anyone have pictures of Ley Lines?

Post by Grahame »

Hi Dawn, and welcome to the forum.

This is an interesting question, thanks for asking it! However, as you will find as you get to know the forum, the nub of the matter is, 'what are you calling a ley line?'

Are you talking about a visual ley - an alignment of sites in the Watkins tradition?
Are you talking about an energy ley that can be dowsed?
Are you talking about a serpent/dragon earth energy line?
Or some other form of earth energy line?

The answer to the first question is 'yes', and you might be able to find one on The Society of Ley Hunters website - although their Facebook page is probably a better shot.

The answer to the other two questions is, 'sometimes'. On pre-digital film cameras, this used to happen sometimes, where the photo showed some optical effect, like a band of light or something, where the ley was. Digital cameras can also show effects at times. Digital shots are more likely to show 'orbs' in energetic spots.

If you have any such pictures yourself, it would be lovely to see them. Posting pictures on the forum is a little fiddly as you have to host them elsewhere; there is a tutorial in the 'Forum Matters' section.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
DawnMac

Post by DawnMac »

Hi Grahame,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm not confident enough to tackle the process of linking pictures as yet, so if it's okay? I will email them to you for now, but do promise to set it up for next time.

Let me know if the pictures are not what i think they are?

Thanks
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I shall take pity on you this time and do the image posting for you (as you're new). But just this once! ;) :!:

Here are Dawn's pictures - she says 'The first picture is zoomed in view of the Ley lines map taken from the website higgypop.com. The line I can see below I think is the red line. To find it on Google maps, search for Lee Farm, Rushton Spencer, Macclesfield, then go north west to the next house on your right. Then you need to U turn and come back towards Lee Farm, if you click the arrows individually, it only appears on 3 consecutive shots just as you enter the sunny area of the road after the shaded area. If you don't see it on the first try, you need to click the view slightly to the right ( 1 or 2 arrow clicks) the move forward down the road.'
(Here's the direct Streeview link)

Given the way the sun is shining towards the camera, the pragmatic side of me says that it's most probably a lens flare/camera artifact. But that's the sort of thing that does occur, so it's certainly possible that it's an energy effect (and the two things are not mutually exclusive).

Have you dowsed the location?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
DawnMac

Post by DawnMac »

Grahame,

Thanks for sorting this for me :D I promise to get the imaging sorted for next time.

I do see and agree with you about the glare from the sun on the camera, but I would like to believe that it is a picture of the line too.

The navy blue line also crosses just before red line further back up the road however, other than the slight blue haze between the tree branches (probably because I'm looking for it), I cannot see a definitive line on the street view shots.

Dowsing is all very new to me and I have not had a chance to experience it for myself just yet. I will be taking a trip to some of the more popular sites this summer and was thinking about starting with Arbor Low with so many lines meeting there. As this location is not too far away from there, I may pass by and check it out and see what and if I get anything.

I would appreciate any directions or advice anyone can offer. I am currently in the process of reading through your community pages too, which will take some time as there is so much valuable information available on here.

Thanks again for analysing the pictures of the area and helping me to get them on here. I am looking forward to discovering all there is to know about Dowsing and more on your forum pages.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Dawn Mac,
And hello Grahame, looked at the area and pictures and cannot dowse any Ley crossing in the pictures, but you are right sometimes a Ley or energy line will leave a whiteout at the point where the Ley is active, and crosses that part of the photo....Looking on Google a ley passes at a tight angle east to west across the road where I think the forth pole stands on the right hand side out of Lee Farm, and just before on the left is a gate there/west side.The farm to the north/west of Lee Farm has another east to west energy Ley crossing here at a point where the car park to the farm right in the extreme north west point right next to the road there,so within a short distance two Leys do run here.Each year the Ley structure of the planet grows and then reduces after December 3rd, we are at a point where the Ley force is at its highest, after December Leys will start to reduce in numbers in the four year cycle of decrease and increase.Hope this helps,its possible where a Ley passes it burns the hedge depending on whats planted for the hedge,I know at Husbands Bosworth the farmer replaces the hedge every couple of years as the Ley burns/kills the hedging there ??
DawnMac

Post by DawnMac »

Hi Mike,

Thank for looking in to this and for giving me further information about Ley lines. I am trying to get through as much information as possible on here whilst I juggle everyday life too. :) I should be passing the area sometime soon so will have a look and gain some practice with the points you mentioned. That is interesting how the energy has an effect on the farmers hedge, I wonder if there are any other famers that have experienced this?

Could I ask if you could let me know of areas where you have picked up on the strongest energy? I'm trying some things out and want to be able to compare. I use Crystals when dowsing, clear quartz and Lapis, what do you use?

Thanks
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Dawn Mac,
Thanks for your reply, in some parts of the country Ley Lines are called burning lines, but to be honest I dont remember which hedging is affected and killed, the hedge just dies and has to be replanted, but if the same type of hedge is replaced,it dies yet again there.I mentioned this to Kew Gardens some years ago the burning and I never had any reply, only the normal thanks for your inquiry text, so they dont want to work with any dowsing lore it seems, much like English Heritage and National Trust !! I sent you a PM Dawn, and if you answer I will help you further if I can okay.....Oh yes I dowse with a small metal L rod just a shade over 9 inches long, its possible to dowse while driving but in these times thats something not to try anymore, the roads are too busy.Im going back to horse and cart times,when you had to have someone walk in front of the car with a red flag.When you reach a good level dowsing its possible to dowse maps and drawings and work off Google Earth, but thats in the future for now, but good luck and ask any questions you like here or PM me.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I was thinking the other night its possible using a mobile phone camera on slow mode might get a pulse of energy going down a Ley, all depends on the Ley at the time and if its in a charged state, but worth a try.I have seen pictures where a white smudge on the film rests on the exact position of a Ley line taken inside a crop circle some years ago, so it is possible to get a reaction of the force passing along the Ley !! And I know at Silbury Hill in the Summer years ago in the se corner near the road I could only stand there for a few minutes before my head would burst, the Ley force was so strong, but now its a shadow of what once was,so perhaps that force has gone now as well like most of the other power from Silbury Hill after English Heritage stuck all the iron in its centre and left it, health and safety you know.