Radon Gas saturated Ground and Ley Lines.

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Radon Gas saturated Ground and Ley Lines.

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

I have been asked a quistion about Radon Gas saturated Ground and Ley Lines. sadly i was unable to give a direct answer thus i find myself asking members of the Society Forum if they can help me answer this quistion, the lady is extreamly intrested in finding out about this matter as she lives in one of the named houses.

We live very close to one of the most ancient pathways in England, which is, I am told, on a ley line. It has a very strong 'pull'. The earth on which the houses are built here is high in radon. Do high radon levels occur close to ley lines, or is this completely unconnected?
Bryan a some what Dsylexic travler in time and space.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Re: Radon Gas saturated Ground and Ley Lines.

Post by Ian Pegler »

B.J.C.Courtney wrote:I have been asked a quistion about Radon Gas saturated Ground and Ley Lines. sadly i was unable to give a direct answer thus i find myself asking members of the Society Forum if they can help me answer this quistion, the lady is extreamly intrested in finding out about this matter as she lives in one of the named houses.

We live very close to one of the most ancient pathways in England, which is, I am told, on a ley line. It has a very strong 'pull'. The earth on which the houses are built here is high in radon. Do high radon levels occur close to ley lines, or is this completely unconnected?
As I understand it, Radon gas is a by-product of the radioactive decay of naturally occuring uranium which occurs in mineral deposits.

It is associated especially with granite. There's a lot of granite in Cornwall and Devon and in the past there has been some concern about houses built on granite, or with granite.

Some time ago I visited an Iron Age fort on a hill called Darren Bank with a friend. Practically the moment I got out of the car I wasn't right, but my friend was fine. It was like an irrational sense of panic, or a "fight or flight" response. As we climbed up it became apparent that the whole place had been heavily mined, as if the hill had a split going right through it. This split extended into the surrounding terrain. My friend suggested that this was on a geological fault line. I later discovered from a local newspaper report that this was correct and houses in the area had been found to have high levels of radon gas.

Ian
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Radon Gas saturated Ground and Ley Lines.

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Ian Pegler wrote: As I understand it, Radon gas is a by-product of the radioactive decay of naturally occuring uranium which occurs in mineral deposits.

It is associated especially with granite. There's a lot of granite in Cornwall and Devon and in the past there has been some concern about houses built on granite, or with granite.

Some time ago I visited an Iron Age fort on a hill called Darren Bank with a friend. Practically the moment I got out of the car I wasn't right, but my friend was fine. It was like an irrational sense of panic, or a "fight or flight" response. As we climbed up it became apparent that the whole place had been heavily mined, as if the hill had a split going right through it. This split extended into the surrounding terrain. My friend suggested that this was on a geological fault line. I later discovered from a local newspaper report that this was correct and houses in the area had been found to have high levels of radon gas.

Ian
Ian,

I will pass your posting on to my friend, sadly you do not say if the Radon gas will efect Ley Lines.

Bryan
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

hi

I live in cornwall in a granite house built on granite, Radon gas is a problem only in a confined space as it builds up.
Miners in cornwall didn't know about Radon until the 1980's supposedly, when the mining companies found out they then started ventilating the shafts.
In a building the cellar ( if you have one ) is a hot spot for Radon, but it can be cleared again by ventilation, and I think it's a relatively simple job.

I'll try to find some more info for you, in the early nineties my mum's place of work was tested and found to be 2000 times higher than the max limit for Radon gas.

ocd
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Just passed your reply on to my friend, but she still needs to know how Ley lines react to Radon Gas.

Bryan
ocd wrote:hi

I live in cornwall in a granite house built on granite, Radon gas is a problem only in a confined space as it builds up.
Miners in cornwall didn't know about Radon until the 1980's supposedly, when the mining companies found out they then started ventilating the shafts.
In a building the cellar ( if you have one ) is a hot spot for Radon, but it can be cleared again by ventilation, and I think it's a relatively simple job.

I'll try to find some more info for you, in the early nineties my mum's place of work was tested and found to be 2000 times higher than the max limit for Radon gas.

ocd
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

I have a leyline in my house and radon gas, I don't think the two interact in anyway.
Another more skilled dowser may have a different opinion, but I can't say I've found anywhere where the two react or interact with each other.

sincerely

ocd
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Just posted your reply to my friends quistion, she thanks everyone for takeing the time to share.

sincerely

ocd
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

bryan

With regard to Radon, earth energy try http://www.ley-man.co.uk (link broken)

click on the book "safe as houses" - chapter on curry lines and hartmann grid, there's a snippet on radon gas there.

this man knows much more than me and may have a different opinion on the subject.

He's very ameniable and replied to a previous e-mail of mine straight away.

ocd
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

I will pass the link on to my friend and she might contact him.

Many thanks for the link.

Bryan
ocd wrote:bryan

With regard to Radon, earth energy try http://www.leyman.demon.co.uk

click on the book "safe as houses" - chapter on curry lines and hartmann grid, there's a snippet on radon gas there.

this man knows much more than me and may have a different opinion on the subject.

ocd
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

David Cowan website

Post by Ian Pegler »

B.J.C.Courtney wrote:I will pass the link on to my friend and she might contact him.

Many thanks for the link.

Bryan
ocd wrote:bryan

With regard to Radon, earth energy try http://www.leyman.demon.co.uk

ocd
The website in question belongs to David Cowan who is a member of the BSD and frequent contributor to Dowsing Today.

I have a copy of the book, which has the following mentions on the subject of radon:

Chapter 1, Disease, Page 9
David Cowan and Rodney Girdlestone wrote: Recently published research at Bristol University has put forward the suggestion that the cancer-producing effects of mains electricity may be due to the fact that it seems to bring about a localised increase in the concentration of radon gas, which is known to be carcinogenous...
Chapter 15, Spirals, Crop Circles and Demons, Page 137
David Cowan and Rodney Girdlestone wrote: Inevitably, some houses will have the misfortune to have one or more spirals in their bedrooms. These may be the 'cancer verticals' that Cody discovered which he thought may be initiated by radon gas...
Chapter 17, Natural and Man-Made Sources, Page 167
David Cowan and Rodney Girdlestone wrote: Fissures, mines, quarries, wells and underground streams also can emit one of the deadliest natural gases: radon ... Tom Williamson believes that it is bands of gas rising from the earth which dowsers detect as 'black streams'. He points out that many people can avoid illness simply by ensuring the basement of dwellings is made impermeable to such gases. Tom is, however, rather sceptical of the relationship between earth energies and illness. Perhaps decaying radon gas can be picked up and transmitted by telluric energy acting as a carrier wave, in a similar manner to the ions at quarries and railway lines...
Hope this helps

Ian
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Re: David Cowan website

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Ian,

This does help in more ways than you would think, i live just of the Somerset Mendip hills and the Somerset Levals, i have Skin Cancer so this might be in part a cause and effect, just got to find out how to make the radon gas react in a extremely positive way.

Bryan.
Expert
Expert

Reducing Radon gas levels

Post by Ian Pegler »

I also found the following web-page on reducing radon gas levels in your home:

CLICK HERE

There's loads of information on radon on the web.

Hope this helps

Ian
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Ian,

Many thanks for posting the link to the site about Radon gas.

Bryan
Sig

Radon and Leys/Energy Leys

Post by Sig »

Ian says:
As I understand it, Radon gas is a by-product of the radioactive decay of naturally occurring uranium which occurs in mineral deposits.
I seem to remember Paul Devereaux saying fifteen + years ago in the old "Ley Hunter" that every stone ring in Britain is located very close to a known fault line.

This might indicate some connection between leys and radon - as fault lines allow all kinds of stuff to come up to the surface of the Earth that is normally blocked.

Trust this helps,

}:-)

Sig
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Radon and Leys/Energy Leys

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Sig,

I will have to go and see if i can find a copy of Devereaux book, will list in my own web forum Dowsing Simplicty, will also pass on your understanding to my friend.

Many thanks.

Bryan

(mod - unnecessary quote removed)