Ley lines in Coventry/Warwickshire?

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Ley lines in Coventry/Warwickshire?

Post by Helen-Healing »

I'm very new to this, so bear with me! :)

I'm hoping to go on some courses soon, but would much appreciate it if anyone could tell me of ley lines near where I live here in Coventry, as I'd like to practise with rods.

All suggestions & info gratefully appreciated!

Helen
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Ley Lines in Coventry/Warwickshire

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hello Helen,
Why not try the old bombed out Coventry Cathedral.
My distant dowsing tells me that there are 3 or 4 ley lines there.
If you are able to get back to this site and report your findings there is a good chance others have done the same site and an exchange is possible.
I work with spirit guides and the guardians of ancient sites especially old churches.
If you can become a deviceless dowser, besides looking for ley lines you will find things open up tremendously. I allow the guardian of these sites to use my hands to point to places that they are fond of and places that need help even earth bounds that can be found there. Even their feelings are made known to you by the way the hands are moved. Hands that will also show you shape, size, colour, etc in automatic drawing if allowed to develope.
It is like opening up Pandoras box.
I feel that the more dowsers are able to become deviceless the better our chances are at keeping sceptics in their place and the chance of better recognition and need by the general public.
Good luck in your search.
Arthur Hamlin
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Thank you, Arthur. I hadn't thought of the cathedral! Don't know why. I'll go there & try as soon as I can.

As I don't work with spirit guides, I think I'll just learn to walk before I run! :)
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

Helen-healing,
Hello and welcome, I live not too far from you, in cropredy ,north of Banbury.
If you desire to learn about dowsing with rods and can get here, I would be willing to show you.
If not , the churchs are perhaps the best bet, no need to enter, the lines simply permeate all mass, so if you approach the line centre of the aisle, at either end of the church outside.
Then walk across this point with the rods pointing forward and YOU must desire to connect with that line.
IMHO, we are electric fields, and our hands and feet are aerials able to connect to other such fields, the rods act as extensions and visual aids to this.
But the most important thing to remember is that it is YOU that must ask and desire to connect with any other signal , there are so many signals that many people sort of white out and thus no response is visable at the hands via the rods.
You need to relax , have control of the rods , be able to keep them level, then watch them like a hawk, note when they begin to respond , allow them to connect, and do not walk fast , once they align , or cross, settle upon the point where this occurs.
If you have connected with the line that runs down the centre of the aisle, it is merely a line, one inch wide, there is another detectable flow along that line that is much wider, it takes practise and patience to tell all of the signals apart.
Kevin
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

:) Thank you for that, Kevin, neighbour! Perhaps I will take you up on that offer when I can.

(I often use rods with clients when I need to know which centres are particularly unbalanced. Just scanning up & down the body is usually enough to give me a good idea. I then repeat the exercise after treatment to see how successful it has been.)
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Well, I made my first very modest dowsing trip yesterday - to Tutbury Lane that runs from Brinklow to Bretford in N Warks, despite the bitter wind...brrr...and I forgot to take gloves :roll: I took the dog.

I struggled to find the start of it when I got to Brinklow - even the locals said they'd never heard of it!! - but with some perseverance eventually did (although it's just called a bridle path, no mention of its name.)

I used the dowsing rods to ask if there was indeed earth energy along the path, and the answer was a most definite yes! At a 'crosspaths', I dowsed all 4 directions, and only got energy the way I was going & the way I'd been - the other path was not a ley line seemingly.

The thing I noticed most was the energy that Lulu (my dog) had! Being almost 16, she's never terribly enthused about long walks, but she was fairly bouncing along, and insisted on following a straight line - which of course meant trotting through every puddle & bit of mud there was!! She was feelthy at the end of it!! :lol: But very happy! Didn't even collapse in a heap when we got home!

However....the downpoint of this trip is...arriving back at the car, Lulu wandered into the road & I put the rods on the car bonnet before I chased after her. So what happened? Yes...I drove off without retrieving them! :( I didn't realise this till I got home, but remembered an odd 'tinkling' noise as I turned the car round to come back. So I rushed off back there again but they were not there. As I arrived, a lady was manouvering her car out of the grassy bit - so either she found them & picked them up, or someone else did. :cry: I'm gutted actually. They were my favourites - got them from Keith Harmon when I attended his course in London a couple of years ago, and I'd added a couple of pretty handmade wooden beads to the bottom of the handles. :oops:

Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I found this stone on the pathway on the way back. I was surprised I hadn't seen it before! It's not like any other stone I saw round there & I was fascinated! (I'm a bit of a crystal/rock/stone freak! :lol: )

It's as smooth as silk & about 4" long. I photoed it beside a lingham stone that I have, as it's male/female energies remind me of that. Dowsed it with a pendulum which told me it has almost equal energy to the lingham!
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

Helen Healing,
I lost a set of dowsing rods at carnac in Brittany, the embarrising thing was I couldn't find them with other rods?
I just figured they were meant for someone else to find that needed them more than me.
I started painting mine in bright colours after that.
Maybe it was the stones you were meant to find?
Have you dowsed them yet?
Kevin
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Kevin wrote:I just figured they were meant for someone else to find that needed them more than me.
I started painting mine in bright colours after that.
Maybe it was the stones you were meant to find?
Have you dowsed them yet?
Yes, they were obviously meant for someone else now :( I'll have to accept that. (Grrr :wink: )

I only found the larger of the two stones in the pic. The smaller is a Shiva lingham stone from the sacred Narvada river in India. They are composed of chalcedony, iron oxide, goethite & sometimes other minerals. They are found naturally in that shape, just as the one I found. Linghams represent the balance of male & female energies, and can be used for directing the kundalini to where it needs to go (which is upwards!)

I feel the one I found has similar qualities (but in a very British way, of course! :wink: ) and, having dowsed both of them, this seems to be so. Dowsing the one I found, there is chalcedony, a little iron oxide & some other mineral that I haven't managed to determine yet.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Ley lines in Coventry/Warwickshire?

Post by mike »

Helen the ancient site just past Brinklow and the Police house has some interesting Leys passing through, not the B4029 but the next left turning from Coventry just up the hill to the left at the fork there...And across the fields to the south east you will see a huge circle of trees in the fields before the canal, this area is very powerful with Ley energy just three hundred yards from the ancient site,an unmarked place to dowse.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Thank you, Mike! I'll be sussing this out. :)
..across the fields to the south east you will see a huge circle of trees in the fields before the canal..
Is it OK to cross these fields on foot - don't want to trespass on any farmer's land?! Has the ancient site got a name?

Afterthought! Do you mean 'The Tump'? I looked for it once, but couldn't locate it. I'll try again. :)
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Helen
I just happened to be in Coventry today and had a chance to go to the old Cathedral - (St Michael's) as well as the Holy Trinity Church diagonally next to it. I can confirm one large energy line running through the place that is around 25 paces wide.
If you wanted to try some dowsing there get back to me with your thoughts on the direction of the line and I will let you know the direction I obtained. It is significant and will probably pass through other well known sites in the UK. I am busy tracking other lines at the moment so will not be able to map this one. I can say that it is a fairly major one and anyone who feels like mapping it will probably be embarking on an incredible journey. It will more than likely have a partner so watch out for that as well.

It would be good to hear your thoughts or anyone elses for that matter. Maybe someone has already mapped it across the UK.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Hello Rory

I did go to dowse the Old Cathedral before Xmas last year! I went with a friend on a very cold & blustery day, and indeed did find a very powerful energy line running...let's see...that must be north/south...from the spire or what's left of it, right down the centre of the building, and about the same width as you mention (although my paces are probably slightly shorter than yours!)

However, just as we were discussing it, the bell ringers began to play the most beautiful carrillion from the spire (it was a Sunday) and the sound of it blew us away. I stopped dowsing just to listen to it, for about 20 minutes, as it sent shivers up & down my spine. (And believe me, I'm not 'religious'.) Then we realised she only had 10 minutes to catch her coach back to London, and we had to go, so that was the end of the dowsing for that day.

I love that old cathedral, I think it's a very moving place.
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Helen

Good to hear you picked up a strong energy line in the Cathedral. Finding the direction it runs is not so easy if you are not actually looking for it. I find I must circle the area whilst dowsing without any preconcieved ideas as to what direction it might be or even that there are any lines or even if there is more than one. I then tend to widen the search and test possible directions.

If you have a chance to go back again and specifically look for a direction and any other lines I would be interested to hear you new findings. The direction you mentioned you found was not one I picked up. That is not to say one of us is correct and the other incorrect as I have often found that female friends initially pick up lines that I miss first off and vice versa. A short period of time attuning to the lines it then appears I am enabled to also dowse the new line. This may be a reason why some people refer to the pairs of lines as having male or female energy. I am not in touch with my 'feminine' side as well as I should be nor at all times which is why these lines sometimes appear weaker to me than their counterparts.

What we may have here is two lines crossing over where you have dowsed one and I picked up the other. I will probably be back in Coventry later in the year so I will look for your line and direction then.

All the best

Rory
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hearing the bells while dowsing reminds me of a pen friend who wrote some years ago, the bells of UK Churches somehow have a note /peel thats in tune and used by the many Ley Lines that pass through many UK Churches, he felt that the Sunday call to pray interacted with the Leys, AND was somehow known and used from the very early times.While the sound does affect you when you hear it, the idea this same bell ringing pulses down the Leys and perhaps carrys the thoughts of pray and worship far and wide all around warms me at the same time.....Years ago I dowsed the Old Church at Coventry, and found a number of energy lines inside the broken walls, but I never made any notes and its that long ago I dont remember how they ran or where they were.I agree with Rory the Catholic Church has energy lines passing through there as well, I shall have to visit and record what I find this summer when the weather warms up more,Im a stay at home dowser in the Winter cold, remembering the better times.