Ley Lines

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Re: What is a Ley Line ?

Post by Satyr »

I get agreement with your 'theory' Geoff, but also that they are a kind of memory (I'm not sure how else to explain it). They don't have energy of their own as such, but kind of keep the energy of those that follow them/use them. They are 'followed' because they are familiar because of the memory. Does that make any sense???
Practice random acts of kindness
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Not quite, Carol. I'm not quite clear whose memory you refer to when you write
"They are 'followed' because they are familiar because of the memory"
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

To try to join together both Geoff's and Satyr's posts, perhaps the "memory" that Satyr mentions is the same as "fabric of location" that Geoff mentions. The memory is imbued into the fabric.
Does that help? Or confuse more?!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

"The memory is imbued into the fabric"

Could well be, Simon.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

I would interpret "memory" here to mean bytes within the historical files - packets of information, layered and stored, manifesting as ley lines and magnetized by repetitive playback; traces, not consciousness, embedded in the fabric of location.
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

To tell you the truth, I"m not sure exactly how to explain it. When I was dowsing about it, this stuff just came flooding into my head. I knew that memory would not exactly explain what I wanted to say, but I was at a loss as to how else to explain it (very frustrating).

I'd say Bonnie's explaination seems to fit pretty well with what I was struggling to explain LOL

Its kinda like when someone 'makes' a path. The next person comes along and there's this faint indentation, so they follow it (drawn to the fact that it is there already). the more people that follow that 'path' the more it becomes entrenched into the ground and therefore even more people follow it - the 'memory' of the one person treading the path, is followed by the next person etc each person making the 'memory' more entrenched - does that make it easier to follow my line of thinking....
Practice random acts of kindness
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Yes, it makes sense, Satyr. It's like the "well-worn path" in spiritual practice - those who go before us make it easier for us to find our way; they have worn a groove in time, space and location that registers in us and draws us to itself. To use Geoff's analogy, it becomes the thread we follow in the warp and woof of lived experience.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

I get that the Ley Line outer sheath/energy does not move but the contents do.
Similar to what has been said, but find that as the informational contents build the diameter of the ley Line increases.
I find no movement occurs lineally, but if an incident occured say 2000 years ago on that ley line which I believe to be ancient trackways this would not be represented straight away with its energy but would take approx an hour to form and become real and each subsequent year would increase very slightly.
Any new visitors using that ley line would increase its diameter externally to what has developed already, just like the informational energy ring surrounding a church pulpit or a person able to read the energies of a ring, watch, key etc via their spirit guide via telepathy.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Well for my money a Ley Line has the memory of the planet, linked to all other ancient sites like a electrical current would run around the house for lights and power.Standing over a Ley Line I believe a question and answer can be held with someone who has knowledge of the planet and perhaps the cosmos, call it Earth Mother or what ever you are happy with,I have questioned this line and got answers that proved to be true when I checked them out afterwards, so I believe this to be true.And for me any Ley Line has dowsing energy that you can follow for great distances, sometimes male or female or both, its a place where you can experience changes both to you and your outlook on life,opening the heart and mind to forces unknown till then.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Mike,

I did request dowsed responses to this theory, not beliefs.
Geoff

arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Bonnie wrote:Perhaps some of the points made here relate to the semantic distinctions Geoff discussed in this thread (specifically the last post, which defines the terms "ley line," "energy leys" and "energy line").
I am all in favour of trying to analise energy lines but feel that interpretations should not be etched in concrete until say a decade has passed to allow unknown variables to surface which could add or cause a change to the original understanding.
Arthur
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

arthur hamlin wrote:
Bonnie wrote:Perhaps some of the points made here relate to the semantic distinctions Geoff discussed in this thread (specifically the last post, which defines the terms "ley line," "energy leys" and "energy line").
I am all in favour of trying to analise energy lines but feel that interpretations should not be etched in concrete until say a decade has passed to allow unknown variables to surface which could add or cause a change to the original understanding.
Arthur
Nevertheless, I think it's important to stay within the context of the question as posed, observing the parameters suggested by the original poster.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Thanks for your support, Bonnie, in this matter. The definitions of energy lines, and energy leys are taken from the Earth Energies Special Interest Group's Definitions of Dowsing Terms. The composition of a Ley Line is something that I have dowsed and, having dowsed it, I have passed it on for others to comment on with the proviso that comments are based only on what they have dowsed and not what they believe; after all, this is a dowsing forum. Having dowsed that we do not find any energy in Ley Lines, I now find that we dowse 'lineal memory' instead.

Surely there is nothing laid down that the only thing we can dowse on this planet, when we find a lineal feature, is energy ? I do not know if what I dowsed was correct or not which is why I asked for dowsed comment from other sources......and got it.
Geoff

simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Geoff: I now find that we dowse 'lineal memory' instead.
Like that!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Yes, "lineal memory" is a very nice way of putting it - rich and compact.