Hamish Miller

Announcements, notices, other intimations.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Hamish Miller

Post by Ian Pegler »

I'm a bit down right now, I've just had an email from Annie at the Parallel Community, saying that Hamish Miller has passed on.

For now I'm just going to reproduce the email, I really don't feel up to saying much right now, please excuse me.

Ian
HONOURING THE LIFE OF HAMISH MILLER

It is with deep sadness and regret that I email you to tell you that Hamish died last night, the 25th January. He passed over peacefully and happily at home after a gentle and joyful beloved Burn's Night with Ba.

There will be a small private funeral for the family. We are invited to join in spirit by lighting a candle for Hamish and his vision and we will email again when we know the date and the time. Then the Parallel Community Open Day on the 8th May at Treviscoe will be a Celebration of Hamish to which we hope as many as possible will be able to come.

Hamish's vision was great and his desire passionate for everyone to come together, envision and build a kinder world based on mutual trust, respect and love for each other and our beautiful planet.

May we each smile more warmly at everyone we meet today and, in honour of a remarkable man, build our energy towards all that Parallel Community stands for...and now take that energy forwards; the best thing we can do as we grieve his passing.

Hamish gave us something of the utmost importance and we owe it to ourselves and our planet to heal our own vision and act on it.

Please bear with us about any emails awaiting a reply or book orders and so forth.

Please do go to Parallel Community for an obituary

Warmest blessings to you all.

Annie
Parallel Community Team
Last edited by Grahame on Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link to obituary
mike
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Hamish Miller

Post by mike »

I have just got the email of his passing, a very nice man and someone who will leave a lasting impression on us all Im sure,stay with us always in our thoughts Hamish.
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

All things by immortal power,
Near and far,
Hiddenly,
To each other linked are,
That thou canst stir a flower without troubling a star.
Francis Thompson.

Go with the flows great dowser.
You know their paths so well.

Kevin
HSIG

Post by HSIG »

I will always have wonderful memories of Hamish, it was an honour to have known him.
Jane x
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

I still can't quite believe it even now. I'd read The Sun and the Serpent in my youth, sold it, then bought another copy when I got into dowsing nearly twenty years later. I met Hamish when he came to the BSD Conference and also when he gave talks to the West Wales Dowsers. He was one of the nicest guys in dowsing, good for us, since he was without a doubt the public face of dowsing for many years, appearing on television programmes like Time Team, appearing on the covers of books (not just his own) as well as writing them. He's left a terrific legacy in the form of his literature as well as videos, and not least the Parallel Community. He was also a skilled craftsman working with metal - I dare say his pieces will become collectors items now.

A great loss to dowsing and to everyone who knew him, I'm so sorry he's gone.

Ian

Edited by I.P. 5.2.10 -added hyperlinks to IMDB, Parallel Community and related thread
Last edited by Grahame on Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed broken link
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Indeed, a great loss to the dowsing world. I'm still pretty stunned by it myself.
We will of course be putting a full obituary in the next edition of Dowsing Today, and if any BSD members want to share their memories of Hamish, we'd welcome short contributions from you.

But how appropriate for a Scotsman to depart on Burn's Night - at least he'd have had a dram or two of fine malt whisky in his belly.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Another announcement from Parallel Community...
FUNERAL OF HAMISH MILLER

We are now able to let you all know that the time of Hamish's funeral will be 2.30pm (GMT) on the 9th February. Ba wants you all to feel included in some way and is delighted to think that many of you will be lighting a candle and/or taking a moment to link us all around the world at that time.

She also asked me to let you know just how grateful she is for all her many messages, emails, cards, letters and posts on The Meeting Place - she is deeply touched.

Something wonderful happened on Wednesday that undoubtedly Hamish would have been - and I am sure is - totally thrilled about; on one day the Parallel Community website received 47,000 visits - hence it wobbling a bit and crashing a couple of times! It lifted Ba's spirits no end, as it lifted all of ours here. Do please keep visiting and communicating with each other at the Parallel Community; the connection of like-minded souls is, after all, the bedrock of Parallel Community.

Also, please do put Saturday 8th May in your diaries for the Celebration of Hamish at Trevsicoe in Cornwall. There will be a further email about this in due course. Again, for those of you who cannot attend, we will make sure there can be a specific time that day for us all to connect in some way.

It is sad to know that many of us have made new friends and contacts through Hamish's passing, but isn't that just what he would be most pleased about!

With warm nearly Spring wishes

Annie and the PC Team.
Last edited by Grahame on Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed broken links
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Just a reminder that Hamish Miller's funeral is today.

I shall be lighting a candle this afternoon :cry:

Ian
mike
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Had the flu for over a week and spent the time watching Hamish on his videos, still have two books to re-read as well, so plenty to remind me of Hamish now and in the future, wonder if he will try and reach through to us all, might try and speak with him over an energy line when Im next out dowsing.These lines Im sure pass right through heaven and all places where good people go when they pass over, since they carry the knowledge of the Cosmos and planet along them,and you can bet Hamish will be looking down and smiling at our poor dowsing methods. 8)
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

from the Penwith Press website:
Just published:

Hamish Miller, A life divined
by Nigel Twinn

Using a great deal of Hamish’s own words, this book paints a posthumous perspective on an uplifting, enlightening, exciting and frequently humorous life well-lived.
Ian
Last edited by Grahame on Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated links
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

There's plenty of stuff on Hamish on YouTube now. Here are just a couple of interesting links:

Hamish Miller - Near Death Experience:

Hamish On Parallel Community DVD Trailer:

Ian
Last edited by Grahame on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Whilst I remember, the EEG have made a DVD of a meeting that took place in March.

There is well over four hours of material on this DVD so at 12.95 UKP it's very good value.

It consists of four presentations:

Jim Lyons: "Bridge to Spirituality"

Tom Graves: "Reality in Dowsing: A matter of discipline?"

Paul Devereux: "MINDSCAPES - The variety of sacred geography"

Tim Walter: "Working with Hamish Miller"

Tim Walter is the film-maker who made The Spirit of the Serpent et al with Hamish.

Also available from Penwith Press: Hamish Miller: A Life Divined by Nigel Twinn.

Ian
Last edited by Grahame on Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I thought you might like to see this lovely Hamish Miller memorial.