Bob Sephton

Announcements, notices, other intimations.
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Bob Sephton

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

I received this email this morning from Angie at Dorset Dowsers.
Sad news for us all.

Bob Sephton died earlier this week. His wife, Helen, predeceased him by a few days

Their funeral will be held at Poole Crematorium on the 29th January at 3.0pm.

Bob was a natural communicator and we are blessed that we were able to benefit from the depth of the knowledge he shared with us and the studied advice he offered at times of stress, his loyalty to his friends and his gentlemanly manner.
Bob was a mentor and a friend, an old soul who will be sadly missed.

Angie
Bob was also a member of the Dowsing research group and known for his research paper, 'Bob's Angle' as it was fondly known.

Our thoughts are with Bob and Helens families at this sad time.
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Bob Sephton

Post by Grahame »

Ah, that is sad news. Bob was a great dowser and always entertaining to be with.

We have a couple of articles of his in the EEG newsletter section on the main site, such as his no-nonsense'How I Dowse' piece from 2004. I have another article on file about 'Bob's Angle' that I've been meaning to upload as well; I'll do that soon.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Bob Sephton

Post by Grahame »

I've added a page on "Bob's Angle" to the EEG newsletter archive.

Although the article wasn't actually published in the EEG newsletter (it came via the Dowsing Research Group archives), I think it worthwhile to include it in the EEG archive for completeness as it is referred to fairly frequently in other articles there.

I've had to proofread and correct several typos in the original PDF that seem to have resulted from poor OCR scans, which was particularly obvious in some of the mathematical formulae. I think I've managed to correct them, but there may still be some transcription errors so don't plan on using these to build your own time machine or anything... :lol:

Click here for the article.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.