Richard Miles

Announcements, notices, other intimations.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Richard Miles

Post by Grahame »

Richard Miles, erstwhile council member, company secretary, and Honorary Life Vice President of the BSD, has died. This notice is from Isabel Holroyd, past President:
It is with great sadness that I bring you the news that Richard Miles, Honorary Life Vice President of the BSD, passed away last week.

The last time I spoke to Richard he was typically philosophical about his forthcoming death, grateful to have lived a long and full life and planning to die, as he did, peacefully at home with his wife, Liz, and members of their family at his bedside.

Richard will be remembered as an elegant, genial man; a thoughtful, careful dowser and a regular attender at BSD events. He was also a distinguished businessman who volunteered his services as a Trustee and brought great skill and determination to his role as Company Secretary. We have much to thank him for.

To mark Richard’s retirement from Council ... he was made an Honorary Life Vice President of our Society.

I hope you will join me in sending good wishes through the ether to Liz and her family as they adjust to the loss of Richard.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.