INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Helen-Healing »

Hello migrant
I lived in the Alpujarras for a year in the 80s and, at that time, water was free to all residents, as it was coming out of the rocks in little springs all over the place. It's sad to hear that there is such a drought there now. :cry: I lived in the village of Trevelez - the highest village in the whole of Spain at over 2000m. Did you know that acequias were originally built by the 'moros' when they occupied southern Spain?!
n.challacombe

Post by n.challacombe »

Good Day, I came accross your site whilst searching for the origins of my dowsing and pipe locator kit. I was issued with this kit in the early 60's by my employer Roads Reconstruction (contracting) Ltd, I used it to locate underground services and obstructions whilst supervising new drainage schemes in many East Anglian towns.
It was supplies by J.C.Oliver (LEEDS) Limited of 7 East Parade, Leeds. That is according to a label attached to the inside of the made made of white plastic type material.
It was not new when passed to me but somehow remained with me for 50 odd years.

Today in my garden, in which we are building a new house, I watched the digger banksman with two bent pieces of copper pipe trying to locate a water pipe in our old garden, immediately I thought I have not seen anybody do that for years and told him about my rather sophisticated and over complicated REVEALER kit. He was somewhat incredulous, so I went into my huge man cave and found it, still intact, complete with the box key.

I then searched on the internet and found a reference on a blog call "goddammit" and hence I am now telling you the tale.

Do many of these items still exist? They must have cost a pretty penny in there day.

I am now well retired from Civil Engineering and wonder if anybody else actually used one in the real world.

I look forward to any comments.
Nick Challacombe.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

There is a lengthy thread on the Revealer here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=157

Ian
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Nick,

Way back in the 1960s, when I was working in the Drawing Office of a large Civil Engineering Company, I happened to open a bottom drawer and came across a wooden box about 2ft x 9in by 6 ins deep containing a comprehensive set of dowsing equipment including metal rods and several “witnesses” (I think that was the name given to various material that was held in ones non-dowsing hand to facilitate the finding of an equivalent material underground) I dowsed that this product was produced in the early 1950s and I wonder, now, whether that kind of kit represented the complicated way that people in that era thought that dowsing worked.
During the 10 years I spent in that particular office, I cannot recall anyone ever using that kit or referriing to it but it is obvious that an Engineer, at some time, had ordered it. I suspect that some people in the Office were not aware that it existed.
Personally I have used modified coat hangers since the late 1950s.
Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

I wonder, now, whether that kind of kit represented the complicated way that people in that era thought that dowsing worked.
When I was doing my French translation of Victor Mertens' work I came across this:
Victor Mertens. translated by I.P. wrote:In general, there must be, for a successful experience
determined from dowsing, a starting point, a fulcrum : ask a very clean question, do not seek for
anything important in the dark.
Bear in mind this dates to the early 1940s if not before. He then says:
Mertens wrote:This is the reason why a remote dowser [téléradiesthésiste] asks you for a “witness” [témoin] : a
photograph or object of the person or animal to examine or dowse [rechercher], a plan, a map, all
accessories which are merely aids; like the wise [Henri] DE FRANCE says, they are accessories.
In general I get the feeling that witnesses were very important in the early days of Radiesthésie .

I did know one member of the West Wales Dowsers who used a Revealer, sadly no longer with us.

Ian.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Yes, Ian. Very interesting. I get confirmation that witnesses were aids/accessories. It was quite common , in fact, for many dowsers to use a witness such as a piece of lead or copper piping when looking for a water pipe (rather than looking for a water pipe itself). This could lead, on occasion, to the finding of a lead or copper pipe but not always what that pipe was expected to convey. Nowadays we would look for a water pipe so has dowsing become more pedantic because the question needs to be more accurate?
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

has dowsing become more pedantic because the question needs to be more accurate
Maybe the answers are becoming more accurate? Or am I being pedantic?! :twisted: :roll: :lol:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Surely the accuracy of an answer is dependent on whether it is the intention of the source of an answer whether to mislead the questioner or not. Is it not better to address a question to a known reliable source rather than broadcast a question to a universe where it can be answered by anyone who hears it?
Geoff

simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Intention- what if you ask the question with the intention of getting the "most appropriate source" to answer?

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Although I am aware of the power of Intent, I get that it cannot always be relied upon to select the most appropriate source.
Geoff

looby

Post by looby »

Hi, I have just joined. I became interested in dowsing years ago as a child when I saw it on tv. I bought some dowsing rods a few days ago and have been dowsing in an area I have 'felt' has something interesting going on. I have absolutely no clue what I'm at, no doubt I will be asking lots of really daft questions. Thanks
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Hi Grahame,
I've registered and listed a post today regarding asking dowsing questions. My user name is Downunder and I'm in Australia. I'm new to dowsing but my wife is particularly good, it appears to come very naturally to her and as a child she was identified as a strong water diviner except her parents suppressed this gift until it was rediscovered only recently and much later in her life.

We are learning very quickly as the internet is a very good resource, but the opportunity to hear first hand from other dowsers and to have some questions discussed or answered via your forums page is most welcome and would be of considerable assistance.

Looking forward to meeting some members. Regards Downunder
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Welcome to you both, Looby and Downunder. Glad to have you aboard. This forum has been running for quite some time now and there's an abundance of information in here. The main problem is finding it. :lol:
Start a new thread topic if you can't find what you're looking for, just jump right in.
You might also like to check out the BSD Facebook page, and the main website. We have quite a few international members, and a digital membership is only £40.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
TN FireWalker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by TN FireWalker »

Hello! I'm excited to finally say "Howdy". I've seen you for awhile, but just recently joined.
I've long been drawn to Dowsing and for the last few months I've been taking time to study from books, videos, and Podcasts.
Love to listen to yours..Thank you they are very interesting and helpful.
My Uncle Euin was the " Water Witch" for the Farmers and Country Folk back in my Home town, Winchester, Tennessee (USA).
I've been 'messing with it' for years. This year on my Birthday in March I made a commitment to myself to study and truly learn the about the Gift we have.
Last week, I started working with a sad brown Palm Tree that with visuals it looks dead, but the Energy frequency says its alive and will be for years to come. I've not given up on her but everyone else has. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Tonight, I started a new bigger project. I got pictures to see and then drew a diagram of my Sister's kitchen. Months ago she lost her Engagement Ring after 40 years of marriage. I wrote the questions as I got the answers. I went over every spot top to bottom of her kitchen. My Pendulum showed me the spot to find it. I trust the Pendulum. I just don't trust me. Wish me luck. I'll tell her tomorrow.
I am the 4th Daughter of wonderful Parents and raised on a Dairy Farm in Tennessee. Nature was out my front door. As life happens, I moved to Arizona. Nice people here, but not as grounded as Tennessee folks. I lived in New York for 10 years and really loved it. It was not until recently that I found American Society of Dowsers. Go figure, lived there and didn't find them till I'm 2,600 miles away.
I am very excited to be able to join your Forum. It is great to read from others and what they do.
Thank you for all you do to bring the World together with this Forum.
Respectfully.
Nancy
Nancy
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Great to have you here Nancy!