Ayahuasca and Amazonian Shamanism

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Ayahuasca and Amazonian Shamanism

Post by Helen-Healing »

I have never used ayahuasca, nor am ever likely to do so. However, I do have an anecdote from a close friend of mine who lived in Peru for many years; a very down to earth lady (Capricorn) who has no tendencies to porkies.

She was living amongst a tribe in the north of Peru for quite a while (she worked for the ODA) and, although married, had no children. The women of the tribe couldn't understand this & kept telling her she must have children to fulfil herself as a woman. So they set up a meeting for her with the shaman (she gave consent & actually felt a little condescending about it at the time) and on the night, was taken to his hut for 'the ceremony'. There was lots of chanting & singing & at the end she was given something to drink. She firmly believes it was ayahuasca.

To cut a long story short, she got pretty woosy & ended up leaning against a tree in the yard. She said she felt 'two dragons in her belly' (her words) moving up & down and 'setting her on fire'. She fell asleep there & woke in the morning & got on with her work.

Three months later she was confirmed as being pregnant with - not just one, but two babies!

When the twins were born, the boy looked (and still looks) 100% Peruvian...darkish skin & big hooked nose...and the girl had 'western' features. They are both grown & married now & the girl is one of the most beautiful females I have ever seen - she simply glows.

Just thought I would share. :mrgreen:

(She subsequently had other ayahuasca experiences at Macchu Picchu that were quite mind blowing.)
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

LOL, seems to me thats another reason NOT to use it hehehehehe unless of course you want two dragons in your belly :shock:
Practice random acts of kindness
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Great story, Helen. Of course if that happened over here they'd call it 'date rape'... :twisted:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Inter-dimensional rape eh? That should keep our legislators busy for a while. :lol:
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Helen: (She subsequently had other ayahuasca experiences at Macchu Picchu that were quite mind blowing.
There's the rub. I don't want my mind blown, thank you! :roll: :oops: :shock: :twisted:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Well, in spite of the comments, I'm still going to make further enquiries but I have no intention of getting any dragons in my tum or anywheree else for that matter. :mrgreen:
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
dwilliams

Post by dwilliams »

While it's true that Ayahuasca has countless benefits to offer, it is important to know how to prepare it to enjoy the full benefits and avoid complications during the process. Here I found a useful link that will enable you to take Ayahuasca safely. Cheers! https://www.soul-herbs.com/ayahuasca-preparation/
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Errr....why is it necessary yo take a drug to get into a state where you can get answers to your questions ? Why not use dowsing ?
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)