Where are the young dowsers ?

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Mick

Where are the young dowsers ?

Post by Mick »

All the dowsers I have come across are old, or at least well past their prime.

Has anyone given basic classes in schools ?
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Re: Where are the young dowsers ?

Post by Ian Pegler »

Mick wrote:All the dowsers I have come across are old, or at least well past their prime.

Has anyone given basic classes in schools ?
Many young people teach themselves to dowse, but we are no longer in the situation where dowsing was regarded
as a traditional country craft, handed down from parent to child, out on the farm or wherever.

It is very important, therefore, that young people should be told about dowsing and if there are any qualified teachers
out there reading this, who wish to learn more about dowsing and pass this wonderful gift on to their school pupils,
they are welcome to contact the BSD who will be only too willing to help.

Alternatively they can join one of our local affiliated groups.

Because the pseudo-skeptics are trying their best to keep dowsing out of the classroom, discretion is required and the BSD are
very discrete. We will therefore not name any teachers who are teaching dowsing to schoolchildren (but rest assured there
ARE teachers who do this!).

Ian
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

The American Society of Dowsers had a children's workshop day at their convention this year, and at their West Coast conference they are having a Children's Mystery School at which older dowsers pass on their skills to the younger generation.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Post by Ian Pegler »

Grahame Gardner wrote:The American Society of Dowsers had a children's workshop day at their convention this year, and at their West Coast conference they are having a Children's Mystery School at which older dowsers pass on their skills to the younger generation.
What a great idea! :P

It is a great gift to receive and a great gift to give.

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Post by Ian Pegler »

Ian Pegler wrote:Many young people teach themselves to dowse
As an example I offer the late Rob Hemming, who knew he had some special gift since the age of 3. Members of the West Wales Dowsers will remember Rob with great fondness and some of them referred to him as a "master dowser" (although I don't like the term, personally). He spent a lifetime dowsing. By the time he passed on, he had more than 70 years experience of dowsing and lots of interesting stories to tell. I wish he'd written his memoirs. He did co-author an interesting piece with Megan Wingfield called "Lady Mary's Journey". Sadly it never appeared in Dowsing Today :(

Ian
Mick

Post by Mick »

It's nice to see the American dowsers are doing something positive about it.
Helen-Healing
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Helen-Healing »

It's true that most dowsers are 'old' :| I've never come across one under 40. Sadly.
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Post by Ian Pegler »

Helen-Healing wrote:It's true that most dowsers are 'old' :| I've never come across one under 40. Sadly.
I think this is the impression given by the societies, but it may not be a reflection of dowsers as a whole. The youngsters possibly
don't want to hang out with the "oldies!" :mrgreen:

I was thirty-something when I joined the BSD.

Ian
Mick

Post by Mick »

Ian Pegler wrote:
Helen-Healing wrote:It's true that most dowsers are 'old' :| I've never come across one under 40. Sadly.
I think this is the impression given by the societies, but it may not be a reflection of dowsers as a whole. The youngsters possibly
don't want to hang out with the "oldies!" :mrgreen:

I was thirty-something when I joined the BSD.

Ian

I would much prefer to hang out with young dowsers.
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Post by Ian Pegler »

I would encourage young people to set up their own dowsing clubs. No need to hang out with us oldies! :mrgreen:

Ian