Moan Here Folks

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
mike
Professional
Professional

Re: Moan Here Folks

Post by mike »

If I see Phillip Schofield on TV again I will scream when I switch on,does he ever go home I wonder after work ??
Migrant
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Migrant »

My car's in for servicing.
I want to go to the village for some salad ingredients.
I don't avocado.
Migrant
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Migrant »

That's all very well, but I've realised I have a real moan.
It's about "being offended."
It's about being emotionally mature.
It's about accepting that we create our own emotions.

Anyone saying "You have offended me,' or "That is offensive," needs to understand the following ;--
We create our own emotions, and we always have a choice how to react.
Blaming others for our self-induced anger is to abdicate responsibility for our own reaction.
Realising that we have the possibility to accept responsibility, and therefore power over, our feelings is the beginning of internal peace.
mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Internal peace is turning the other cheek,going deaf when she moans the bins are still not out yet, and when are you going to clean those windows, we all have our own ways to find that hard to find inner peace, some turn to drink.....I always wanted to live in the time of those cowboys and the wild west of the past, BUT its here folks...Just go out in the car, you are cut up with chaps pushing in front, others jump the lights right in front of you causing you to brake really hard or else,green lights now mean proceeed with extreme caution only,its a joke.Makes you wish the trusty .45 was loaded and okay to use on these carpet baggers. :shock:
Migrant
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Migrant »

I must be getting it wrong Mike, my other half never moans, my windows always need cleaning, and I drink two or three white wines with my tapas lunch, and a bottle of red every night. And that's moderate here.
Must try harder.
When another car barges in, I find assuming that it's bound for the maternity ward has a different effect on my blood pressure than taking it personally.
Equally challenging was when the woman in front of me at the supermarket got her purse out to pay, then her phone rang, and she simply ignored the cashier and the waiting queue and took the call.
Regarding my anger as a failure on my own part has largely freed me from it, which is fine because I didn't enjoy being angry, though I do recognise that there is a rather attractive pleasure in righteous indignation.
For some reason the Rev Ian Paisley comes to mind as an example of using anger as a source of energy.
A good example for me not to follow.
mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Its Aug 2020 and the roads are worse now than before,but don't worry about being knocked off the road,so much rubbish is in the hedge you will just bounce off.
mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

So the BBC are charging those over 75 years of age £157 a year for a tv licence ,well with Gary on £1200000 a year doing football matches sat night I won't now be watching any BBC broadcasts .With over 3000000 new people paying £471000000 a year licence money the ones already paying must increase this amount tenfold plus, and for what.If ITV can manage without a licence payment why not BBC ,I would not complain if a few adverts popped up now and then,you can always turn off. What right do the BBC have to charge this amount, as they don't produce any better TV than Itv does,its all wrong.Paid my bbc tv licence for 60 years or more, and now they want more from me, blood suckers.
mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Just got my standing order for my tv license come through, paying every month instead of one lump sum, WHO wants to pay for more holidays to study tv trends in the Caribbean by the BBC staff, and other such educational data for the BBC Board.