Dowsing Residual Impressions

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

A Residual Impression is a term I use to describe What is either in the air, or immediately below the surface, of part or all of a building, or an artefact, that no longer exist in a physical state but can be picked up using an L-rod.

Many Dowsers who practise Archaeological dowsing may already be familiar with the technique whereby an L-rod can be used to determine the outline of the ground floor (first floor in the USA) of a building when an L-rod can trace the wall of the building and turn 90 degrees when a door or window is encountered. If flags or other means of marking what has been found, the markings measured and a plan of the extremities of the whole building plotted and drawn to a smaller scale. It is then possible to find what rooms are inside the building using a kind of map dowsing technique, also their dimensions and, in some cases, what they were used for and who lived in them.
In 1998, at my request, Tony Heath and his Society of Moorland Dowsers surveyed, with me, the site I had dowsed to be that of a Celtic Settlement, started in 650 AD, in a field about a mile south of Moretonhampstead, on the edge of Dartmoor. Tony produced the plan of all buildings on the site and I spent several days finding out the details and events I described in the paragraph above to produce several pages of information about the settlement that lasted about 1100 years. One of the interesting features that Tony picked up was the existence of pairs of granite stones about 5 feet high, with a gap of about 18 inches between pairs, extending about 75 yards in a slightly curved line right through the middle of the site. There was a menhir at the western end of the line. It was installed about 2000BCE but I cannot find out why it was built. In the middle of the 18th century the settlement was abandoned and all building material and those stones wee removed to form part of many local farm buildings.

It is also worth mentioning that the edges of Ley or Lea Lines are also forms of Residual Impressions which is why they can be found using L-rods although they do not contains any energy. I’m told that Ley lines were formed in ancient times when the UK was mainly forested and cleared paths (Leys) were needed to easily connect settlements. Sometimes the paths could be slightly curved. Incidentally, Hamish Miller once told me that the Michael/Mary Lines that he spent may days investigating were Energy Lines not Ley Lines. Ley lines can be more than 5000 years old whereas Residual Impressions of buildings and artefacts rarely more than 5000 years old.

It is with some surprise that I now find that a Ghost (not a spirit) is a visual Residual Impression.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)