Dowsing with Intent

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Dowsing with Intent

Post by Lynnie »

I've been watching a few videos recently and all of them say that dowsing with intent increases the potency of your dowsing. Whilst I imagine that dowsing with intent is more than a simple desire for something to be different, none of them go into precisely what 'intent' means or how to go about it. Can anyone expand on this?

Lynn
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Dowsing with Intent

Post by Maggie »

Lynnie wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:24 am I've been watching a few videos recently and all of them say that dowsing with intent increases the potency of your dowsing. Whilst I imagine that dowsing with intent is more than a simple desire for something to be different, none of them go into precisely what 'intent' means or how to go about it. Can anyone expand on this?

Lynn
This is a key question that should be the topic of a long thread, even though it is rarely discussed. I'm glad you brought it up.

I'll digress a bit to start and say that we define dowsing the traditional way, as asking questions and getting answers. I am aware that not all dowers agree with this definition, but sticking to it makes it much easier to discuss dowsing, because then we are all talking about the same thing.

Back in the early 2000s, some folks started thinking of dowsing as a clearing, healing or energy transformation method. I have theories of why this happened, but that isn't important. Raymon Grace was a key guru who spread this 'new' idea of dowsing, and it caught on fast. I have theories as to why, but that isn't important, either. The problem is it made it hard to discuss dowsing, because it then became anything to anybody.

If you define dowsing traditionally, as we do, I believe that having a goal is very helpful before you form your question. You could call that an intention, meaning that you want to make a good choice. Say you want to know if a job offer is a good one, but until you sort out your goals: salary, promotions, fulfillment, etc--you can't ask a clear question that will give a useful answer, because you need to understand what you intend to create. Which is why I never use the word 'good'. It's too vague.

So, goals are like intentions, and they do guide you to dowse better, but I also think that being clear on your goals helps you to manifest them better, because suddenly, you are thinking about what you want to create with a willingness to do whatever it takes to make it happen. Therefore, to me, a masterful dowser also becomes a better manifester, because she or he is thinking about what they intend to create, and that's why they ask questions, so they can create what they want.

Patrick MacManaway says an element of need is part of dowsing, and I agree with that. Need is stronger than want or desire. It also ties in with intention. If you dowse card suits and coin tosses or try to show off for someone, there is only ego, not need. Dowsing is most accurate when you are really wanting to know an answer your brain can't give you, an answer that will make life better. This is akin to intention, though not quite the same.

When someone does pendulum healing, intention is of course vital for directing the healing energy to hopefully get the outcome one desires. But pendulum healing is not dowsing, which can be proved by the simple fact that you don't need a pendulum to dowse, but you do need a pendulum to do pendulum healing. The pendulum has a different role in each activity.

Intention is what makes everything happen. You can't just lay a pendulum somewhere or a crystal or symbol and expect a miracle. Yes, there is an inherent frequency in anything, but the way I see it is any of those physical things, be they symbols, crystals or colors or a sage wand or whatever are simply anchors for intention. And intention is not wishing. This would explain why not everyone gets miracles when using any given method.

This to me is the critical lack when people swing a pendulum and wish for change. Whether you call it dowsing or something else (as I would), the key that makes it work is intention. A pendulum is not a magic wand. It's not a genie in a bottle granting a wish. The magic is in the person. And here's the problem: the use of intention is a skill. And most people haven't learned to use it, so their results are lackluster. They don't know how to focus intention. They think a simple wish will do.

Raymon Grace (I've been told) once sold Silva Mind Control, which I understand was a fairly expensive training in the use of intention. What I've seen of his work always seems to carefully state that this is what he does and you should try it. He doesn't claim everyone will have good results, because (I'm thinking) he knows that without training in the use of intention, good results are hard to get.

What's the difference between wishing and intention? Wishing is just a fleeting thought. Or if it lasts, it is a focus on yearning for something you lack, which really does not help you manifest it at all. Intention involves a clear picture of what you want, the willingness to act and having a plan for creating the outcome you desire.

So here's an example:

I am a traditional dowser. I yearn to have change in my life. I am finally fed up with the migraines I've had for years. So I pick up my pendulum and I think about my goals. I want to create a comfortable feeling in my body and my head, one that is always pleasant, so that I enjoy life and feel good. And here's the key: I'm willing to do whatever dowses is the action I need to take to accomplish that. I'm not just wishing. So I form a dowsing question and maybe dowse some charts to find if I have allergies or a dietary issue or a deficiency or even an emotion that needs to change, and I follow through on what dowses. That is dowsing with intention to me. And it is likely to give results.

But it isn't this type of 'dowsing': The nontraditional dowser who saw someone swing a pendulum and ask for change is also tired of migraines. However, this person merely wants to get rid of the pain, much as most people want to take a pill. They aren't keen on the idea of changing their diet or their habits, nor do they feel they have time to invest in studying why they have migraines. They just want to go on as before, but without pain. They have a pure wish to be rid of it, but no intention to study, research or act differently. They swing the pendulum, but they lack intent. They simply wish. Unfortunately, in my opinion, a wish puts out the energy of what you lack, not the energy of what you want. And most importantly: If you wish to change your reality, you must change yourself.

My observation is so many people who use this 'new' way of dowsing have no training in intention, and in most cases, want change without changing themselves or their way of thinking or their habits. In my opinion, that doesn't give good results.

Bottom line is you can use anything to anchor your intention, if you have one and if you believe in that anchor. And it should help. But it isn't the anchor--the crystal or color or symbol--that does the work. It is your intention. Intention comes from awakening to the reality that if you are not conscious and if you don't choose, life just happens to you. Intention is part of consciousness and it is a constant struggle to maintain consciousness. We all tend to just live by habit and fall into patterns. To create, we need to be aware, conscious and have intention and follow through on action.

I think intention and the use of it is the subject of a course and/or book, but that summarizes some of my initial thoughts. I believe it takes time to learn to be conscious and focus on what you want to create and COMMIT to following through with action, whereas a wish is something anyone can do without even contemplating becoming empowered and changing. I'm interested to hear what others think.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Thank you; that is a detailed reply.

I understand what you're saying, it's rather like someone wanting to be healthy and not taking the steps to change their diet etc.

Reading your post, I would think that I do dowse with intent. I am hopeless with charts unfortunately as I think they are such a useful tool so I am left with knowledge of nutrition, biology, chakras etc.

I have been on a very long journey to try and heal something which the medical profession would not recognise, others have tried to help with chakra realignment, flower essences and a host of other things but there is no improvement. I am of course willing to follow the guidance of my dowsing and have pursued many its suggested ways to recover but each time it comes to nothing, there is no improvement. So maybe there are some things which can never be healed (which personally I don't believe).

I do though believe from your description, that I do dowse with intent.
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Lynnie wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:11 pm I do though believe from your description, that I do dowse with intent.
I'm sure you are. I think most of us reach a point in this process where we feel eager to see change, but none appears to come. I was always told that healing comes in layers, and you can't always see the foundational layers healing, and I believe that is true, though it sounds like a rationalization.

I myself spent years and years healing something the allopathic doctors gave up on. It was a slow process, but I'm healthier now than ever, so don't give up. I have found the Law of Attraction to be helpful. What you give your attention to expands. And I realized that I was giving my attention to the lack of change far more often than I was to what I desired to create. When I was conscious, I was doing OK, but then, my mind would slip into the 'nothing's changed' vibration. For me, I think my mind was so much in charge that it was always measuring, looking for change and deciding there was none. If you have a very active mental energy that sabotages you, like mine did, something like guided visualization or self-hypnosis is a way I've found to give it something positive to mull over. Yoga nidra is my current way of attempting to make my doubts let go.

So dowsing for remedies isn't helping. That would indicate the root cause is still active. Have you checked a book like "Messages From The Body" by Michael Lincoln or "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay to see what the energetic cause is, so you could treat that? That's my process now. I look up symptoms and do EFT or something to balance or clear the energy. (Dowse what will work best if you like). That has been a big help. In other words, go after the energetic root cause instead of the physical one. You don't need to know Biology for that.

The challenge with charts doesn't feel like it's about your dowsing ability. I think there may be something blocking you from using them. I don't mean an outside force, but some subconscious reason you can't use them. I can't say for sure, but I suggest you look at bigger reasons why your subconscious might not want you to find the answers you seek. It could be something as simple as a past life trauma where you were killed for healing, or it could be that if you heal, there is some faulty belief that says you will die, or it could be simply about being powerful being bad. You can dowse about subconscious beliefs and then clear them with intention usually. They can be amazingly powerful in spite of being silly.

Anyway, my point is that dowsing is still such a powerful tool for digging deeper and resolving the issue and helping you manifest the outcome you desire. I know you aren't going to give up. I do suggest you begin to use dowsing to go at it from another angle. I've found it very useful. If you like, I'm happy to discuss this in more detail.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

And I realized that I was giving my attention to the lack of change far more often than I was to what I desired to create. When I was conscious, I was doing OK, but then, my mind would slip into the 'nothing's changed' vibration. For me, I think my mind was so much in charge that it was always measuring, looking for change and deciding there was none.
This is me totally. Although just recently, I did think well I'm not in the same position I was last year, I've made progress in knowing what is causing the problem and have had 'treatment' but still no improvement in the physical condition. I have tried to look at it in layers and I did ask whether this is something that would heal by itself over time and was told yes, although my mind doubts it.
That would indicate the root cause is still active. Have you checked a book like "Messages From The Body" by Michael Lincoln or "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay to see what the energetic cause is, so you could treat that?
I'm pretty sure the root cause has been dealt with; what I'm dealing with now is the damage that has been done and this is what leads me to think that although the cause was energetic, the impact was physical and too great for me to recover from.

I look up symptoms and do EFT or something to balance or clear the energy

I'm a huge fan of EFT and TAT and have tried both on many occasions to no effect.

The challenge with charts doesn't feel like it's about your dowsing ability. I think there may be something blocking you from using them.
I think sometimes dowsing for a cure for something takes away the journey of learning and I think that for me, that's why I can't use charts.

Anyway, my point is that dowsing is still such a powerful tool for digging deeper and resolving the issue and helping you manifest the outcome you desire. I know you aren't going to give up. I do suggest you begin to use dowsing to go at it from another angle. I've found it very useful. If you like, I'm happy to discuss this in more detail.

I would like to discuss in more detail, by PM, as I wouldn't want to discuss on a public forum. Perhaps you could let me know if you'd be agreeable?