The trouble with Wikipedia

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Re: The trouble with Wikipedia

Post by Ian Pegler »

from the BBC...
Wikipedia 'loses' 49,000 editors

Online encyclopaedia Wikipedia "lost" 49,000 of its volunteer editors in the first three months of 2009, University research suggests.
CLICK HERE to read the article.

Here we are nearly a year later and still no sign of WikiScanner 2 ! Does anyone know what's going on?

Ian
mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Something I know that Google/Wikipedia and the rest do not know is that on December 3rd all the planets earth forces and Ley Lines will increase or decrease, cannot remember where we are just at this moment in the four year cycle of increase/decrease...But if all you dowsers go out this week and count the earth forces near your local ancient site, then go back say on December 4th, you will notice a change, either an increase or decrease with those numbers and positions of earth forces, try it folks....So thats one in the eye for them all, bless them.All the knowledge of the world is not contained on the web, much of it you can read here on this forum. :lol:
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Mike,

As ley lines do not have any energy in them at all, how is it that the energy in them can increase or decrease ?

This is from the BSD Earth Energies Group glossary of dowsing terms.

LEY
A significant alignment of sacred and secular sites across a landscape, generally horizontally visible. The minimum number of aligned sites to qualify as a ley is five. The term was first used by Alfred Watkins in 1921. This is not a dowsing term and should not be used as such. If a ley has an associated dowsable line of energy it should be described as an energy ley.

LEY LINE
The term used by many British dowsers to describe an energy ley. It is easily confused with ley and therefore its use is not recommended by dowsers.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Well just count anything that makes the old rod or whatever you use twitch, walk around the site counting the twitches, then return about the 4th of December and count again, you should see a marked increase or decrease okay...Dont know why December 3rd, asked people who should know and they just scratch their heads, so dont please ask me, Im just the dowser who does not know his Ley from an energy line still....P.S. Both energy lines and Leys with contact to five or more ancient sites all contain energy in the form of a signature, thats good enough for me, sorry to push the point but from where I stand everything on this planet offers a signature/influence and energy of sorts, this to me is its marker, unique to it world wide.Sorry if this thought clashes with the BSD views, its time for my pills, Im not normally this gobby, and the glass of Mulled Wine has released the Norfolk in me.( X Yarmouth Bloater). 8)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Okay here is my pennyworth which does not agree with BSD terminology.
If ley Lines do not have any energy in them, how do we know they do or don`t exist ?.
If we can dowse them than they must be made up of energy for dowsers to obtain a response.
If they were not there than surely no response would occur.
I am getting that they are made up of approx 120 different types of energy but are stationary and do not move. They are sustained and fed energy from the planet Mars and birds use them for migration.

I feel that these names of Ley Lines, Energy lines, Leys, Energy Leys or whatever similar terminology being used be re-named, to reduce the confusion caused, or just call them all an ENERGY LINE as a cover title and than use a sub heading what we find the energy is doing or consists of.
Arthur
mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

You make a good point Arthur, and yes I agree with what you say, if the Leys have no power/energy, then how do dowsers find and follow them across country as we surely do, and I know any number of energy lines exist containing both male and female influence and sometimes BOTH.Its a problem, and I keep putting my foot in it,sorry folks I dont mean to rock the boat honest.I think I promised once already to call all earth forces energy lines to avoid this before, but honest I just drift back to my old ways of posting...I call Leys the forces that feed and are in direct link with ancient sites, and are the last to remain during the four year cycle of decrease of earth forces, these feed and dictate the flow of ancient sites to be clockwise or anti clockwise flows, depending if they cross the ancient site east to west or west to east, and the other one south to north or north to south...Interesting point is do these laws exist in the Southern Hemisphere same as the Northern Hemisphere, or do they reverse same as the water down the plug hole ? Okay its late and we could talk about this all night long from our own point of view, Im only here now and not tucked up in bed because I have to pick my granddaughter up soon,so have to keep busy or I will nod off. :mrgreen: Come back anyone who has views on that, or lives in the south, say Africa or OZ, I know our forum members are far flung,we might get a good thread going here.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

arthur hamlin wrote: If ley Lines do not have any energy in them, how do we know they do or don`t exist ?.
If we can dowse them than they must be made up of energy for dowsers to obtain a response.
If they were not there than surely no response would occur.
Here's how I see it. I think it comes down to how you personally measure the energy in a line - I tend to associate the width of a line with how energetic it is, but if you see the elephant another way then you might not have that association.

A LEY is a visual alignment of sites. You can dowse such lines (because you can dowse anything you can think of), but they have no width to speak of.

ENERGY LEYS have a definite width, for me usually about 3m or more. The wider the line, the more energetic it is. Energy leys also have component bands that can be dowsed, plus other characteristics, e.g. colour, associated m&f serpentine lines that may or may not be contained within the ley, depending on how energetic it is. Energy leys may correspond with visual leys, but not always. They are not parts of grid networks like Hartmann or Curry. They are always associated with power centres and blind springs, where they seem to originate and terminate.

ENERGY LINES are any other earth energy lines. They can be straight, as part of a grid; or serpentine lines not associated with energy leys. They are usually fairly narrow.

Does that work for you, Arthur?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Another point Grahame is that Energy/Ley Lines are often called Burning Lines by country people, since they do burn holes in fences where they pass sometime five feet wide, yet only with the right type of hedge/plant.I have found where an energy lines passes into a field the path is marked by a hole in the fence at that precise spot, yet in other places with different types of fencing growth, you dont get this burning of the wood/plants.And if the farmer replaces the fencing with cuts of the same hedging plant, it burns through that one as well.You could see this very clear at Husbands Bosworth where the crop circle formed each summer there, now it does not form that often worse luck, yet the energy/ley line that ran east to west went through this burnt hedge before entering the field.I have seen this at Sibson as well, yet Kew Gardens never answered me emails to them on this subject some years ago,MUST be X English Heritage chaps with their heads in the sand working there as well. :mrgreen:. I also emailed Dr Levengood the US researcher about this burning of some types of fencing, but he and Burke and Talbot never answered either, science it seems are busy with other things like climate change.But it would be interesting to know what caused this burning of the wood/plants in the hedges,perhaps its some kind of micro-wave energy passes down the energy path to zap the hedge, but why burn some and NOT other types ?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

mike wrote:Another point Grahame is that Energy/Ley Lines are often called Burning Lines by country people
Yep - that's what I would call an energy ley. I've seen it myself in several clients' properties where the hedge has holes or reduced growth in it. Most spectacularly was a client last year in a relatively new build, where they were trying to grow a new hedge from leylandii or some other such tree-like shrub. There was a huge gap in the hedge about 8 feet across and three dead shrubs, exactly where I dowsed the energy ley; and I had map-dowsed that before visiting, so I definitely was not influenced by visual clues.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

!

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hello Grahame,
And heres how I see it.
In each one you mention an energy line. If it was a ball or square shaped energy there is a clear distinction of form and shape with terminology to match.
With a Line it would not take much for incorrect interpretation of responses to occur unless you were competant with much experience and checked the elephant from all sides!
No doubt as time passes we will find other energies with lines and will need to find another title for them too.
Therefore as I suggested if the overall title for lines of energy were termed Energy Lines than sub headings could be used to help differentiate the various types.
Arthur
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Post by Ian Pegler »

Getting back on topic, here's an interesting blog on Masuru Emoto by Dean Radin:
The Wikipedia entry on Masaru Emoto is a good example of why no one should trust an encyclopedia written by anonymous amateurs. I know it is possible, at least in principle, to edit Wikipedia pages to make corrections. But it is also possible for pranksters to change information on any page just for fun. And I know teenagers who regularly do this to confuse their classmates.
CLICK HERE to read the blog-entry.

Ian
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Here's a "tweet"from Stephen Fry a few days ago:
stephenfry
Mad Wikipedia mistake. For "gabardine" they claim it was invented by Alice Gabardine in 1888. How come it's in Merchant of Venice Act1 Sc3?
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Helen-Healing
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Helen-Healing »

From Etymology Online:

1590s, "dress, covering," variant of gaberdine. Meaning "closely woven cloth" is from 1904.
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Post by Ian Pegler »

Recent quote from the James Randi website:
The single most powerful skeptical tool on the Internet today is Wikipedia
No more needs to be said.

Ian
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

I think that anyone who has the money to publish a book, or set up a website, feels that they can say anything they like, and it doesn't seem to matter if it is true. I am involved with piano history, and spend a lot of time trying to get people to remove inaccurate or misleading items from the net, but they are not interested. In most cases. they just say they are quoting someone else. The same is true of books, although although the process is slower, and my impression is that piano books are not usually written by piano experts, although they are magically raised to that status just by saying that they have written a book. Thus, it becomes my task to try to persuade people that what they have read is rubbish!