Magnetic sense in animals

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Magnetic sense in animals

Post by Grahame »

National Geographic wrote:Google Earth shows that cow and deer herds align like compass needles

For centuries, farmers have known that their livestock not only gather in large herds but also tend to face the same way when grazing. Experience and folk wisdom offer several possible reasons for this mutual alignment. They stand perpendicularly to the sun’s rays in the cool morning to absorb heat through their large flanks, or they stand in the direction of strong winds to avoid being unduly buffeted and chilled.

But cows and sheep don’t just line up during chilly spells or high wind. Their motivations for doing so during warm, pleasant and unremarkable weather, or indeed in the dead of night, have been a mystery until now. In a new paper, Sabine Begali from the University of Duisburg-Essen in Germany spied on aligned herds of cows and deer using satellite images from Google Earth.

The images revealed a striking behaviour that had been going unnoticed for millennia, right under the noses of herdsmen and hunters – their herds were lining up in a north-south line like a living compass needle. Influenced by a magnetic sense that has only just become apparent, their default point of reference is not the source of wind or the angle of the sun, but the Earth’s magnetic poles.
Click Here for full story.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Magnetic sense in animals

Post by Grahame »

And here's an interesting report on mapping magnetite particles in the human brain.
https://www.livescience.com/63281-magne ... apped.html

I recall an EEG meeting at Frilford in 2004(?) where there was a guest Swedish dowser who spoke about this, and also that Swedish scientists had identified magnetic areas at the ends of the longer bones in the arms and legs. I can't remember his name unfortunately, but I remember him very well as he had Parkinson's and his hands were very shaky, yet he could still hold an L-rod without it wobbling about.
Last edited by Grahame on Fri May 07, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link added
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I have been dowsing with a clenched fist just using the small finger to pick up and dowse forces only for about 8 weeks now, but I find its very tiring doing this, while the trusty L rod does not wear you out as fast. I have used first the open fist method then the L rod to compare, and things are going well to date, but Im sure more methods are open to people if we just try a few times ??
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Interesting thing is dowsing with the open hand I can only do it right handed, the left just won’t dowse for me, perhaps due to the left and right half’s of the brain, and the interchange does not happen the one way. I’m sure all of the brain or most parts are involved with dowsing, and not just certain parts, I wonder if a CT brain scan was ever conducted by someone dowsing on the table, wonder what’s active and busy during this time ??
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

It’s reported often of dogs and cats returning home from many miles away, and other reports of animals finding the homes of family even after months and years of searching right across a country. One cat was left when a family moved house, the cat ran away when the owner went to put it in the car, and after a search they had to leave it. They moved across the US some 2000 miles away, AND the cat turned up 2 years later with its paws worn down almost, it had walked all that distance between homes, how you ask ??
It could not be something magnetic, it had to be a love or knowledge where the family went, or was it magnetic, did the cat somehow dowse where the family were in respect to its position, and kept walking towards the family. How was it not killed on the roads, how did it cross rivers, and how did it not get killed by wild animals, all a great mystery !!
SparkTalker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by SparkTalker »

Grahame wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:37 pm...I recall an EEG meeting at Frilford in 2004(?) where there was a guest Swedish dowser who spoke about this, and also that Swedish scientists had identified magnetic areas at the ends of the longer bones in the arms and legs. I can't remember his name unfortunately, but I remember him very well as he had Parkinson's and his hands were very shaky, yet he could still hold an L-rod without it wobbling about.
Could it have been Bo Nordell?

The reason I ask is that I found a paper by him talking about the very thing you mentioned.

It can be found here >>> https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/d ... TEXT01.pdf

Mark...
"Responses are limited, you must ask the right questions."
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Yes, I think that could well be the man.
Grahame