Possible EEG Glossary Edit?

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: Possible EEG Glossary Edit?

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Well, Satyr, I did send healing energy to re-balance your adrenals and pancreas.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi folks;
Whew! Quite a mine of information to digest here...

Firstly, can I just say to FosterTom and Bob - thanks for the pictures, which are great and we need more of this sort of thing; but could you please sort out your picture links? You basically need to add {IMG} {/IMG} tags to the link (using SQUARE BRACKETS, not the curly ones I've used) to get it to display properly. You can also highlight the link text and click the 'Img' button above the posting window, which will do the deed for you. There is a more detailed tutorial on posting pictures in the Forum Matters section if you need it.
OK, service announcement over.... :P
BobD wrote: I checked the link to David Cowan's site <SNIP> It seems, from what he shows for data, that it's just as likely the energy patterns were there well before us and are simply altered by large metallic accumulations (stones/faults/deposits) much as they are when I place a more refined version of this metal (L-rod) in its path.
I am in general agreement that, although I don't see some things quite the way David does. But certainly in my dowsing worldview quarries, mineshafts, cemeteries and the like all tend to amplify detrimental energies. They also affect telluric radiation and the Schumann Resonance, often leading to geopathic stress above ground.
BobD wrote: I haven't seen any evidence that the constructions were intended to influence the pre-existing energies, nor have I seen anything that looks like an attempt to generate these energies.
You need to hang out with people like us more, Bob! :mrgreen:
Many constructions can be used to influence and generate the energies, such as (say) a standing stone, stone circle, labyrinth, medicine wheel, church etc. This is the very essence of geomancy.
Which brings me to Kevin and Fostertom, who asked "Why the (very interesting) church orientation data?"

That's a very useful site for me (thanks Kevin!), as I am always interested in the orientation of churches from a geomancy point of view. Often the alignment reveals a significant calendrical day; e.g. summer or winter solstice sunrise/sunset, or the birthday of the dedicated saint. Neolithic cairns and other structures commonly incorporate significant alignments, such as Maes Howe in Orkney or Newgrange in Ireland (from which I have just returned!), which both have winter solstice sunrise alignments. But to get back to Bob's question; the EEG have done much dowsing around sites like these and conclude that they do indeed have an important effect on balancing the energies, and so it would appear that it was at least part of the reason why they were constructed as they are. Billy Gawn in particular has done a lot of experimenting with stones and models of chambered cairns and has demonstrated that they do produce beneficial energy, and the astronomical alignment is an important factor in that. Modern geomantic constructions like stone circles and labyrinths will also generate complex energy fields and connections to other sites, and this is usually implicit in their placement.

Fostertom, glad we can tune you in to Fibonacci and the Golden Mean - always good to work with this ratio as it is very harmonious to life in general. Spaces constructed around this ratio have a very beneficial effect on local earth energies. Sacred geometry is another precept of geomancy, and if you want to know more about it you can do no worse than check out my Sacred Geometry primer. Here's the Golden Rectangle/spiral from that:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
fostertom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fostertom »

Grahame, I'm digesting the ifo too and will be back on the CAD soon. Glad to have Phi and Fibonacci thrust upon me, too. One thing I'm not clear - they seem to be related, or Fibonacci is an approximation to Phi - what do we say is the role and special features of each? Your diagram - seems to be an expression of both? According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio , enlarged image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fake ... Spiral.png , as I posted earlier, that way of constructing a Phi spiral, with quarter-circle arcs, is only approximate, not 'the real thing'. Maybe it's a 'true' Fibonacci spiral?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Good question, Tom! They are indeed related. The spiral as drawn from the Golden Rectangles is, as you point out, a geometrical approximation of a true Phi spiral because of its construction method. You can construct somewhat more 'accurate' Golden Spirals from other more complex geometric forms (i.e. with more points than the rectangle) as long as they incorporate the Golden Section themselves. The pentagram is particularly good for this - see here for an example.

The Fibonacci spiral is slightly different again because it subdivides the original rectangle mathematically using the numbers of the Fibonacci series, and not geometrically using the dividers. At small scale, it's not as accurate, but if you extend it outwards, it becomes more accurate the larger it gets, because the ratio between subsequent numbers of the Fibonacci series gets closer to Phi the higher the numbers become.
Think of it like this - with the Fibonacci series, if you divide each number by the one before it, and plot the results on a graph with Phi as the median line, you get a wildly-wiggling up and down curve oscillating around the line like a oscilloscope trace, that gets closer and closer to the Phi line the higher the numbers go - but never gets there exactly.

There is no such thing as an 'exact' measurement for Phi; that's one of the hard concepts for people to get their head around. For instance, take the Golden Section of a line, where small part=>large part is as large part =>whole - you would imagine that you could find a common unit of measurement to describe both sides of the line, be it x- or y- billionths of an inch or whatever. But with the Golden Section there is no such unit. It is the only place you can divide the line at a point where it is not possible to apply a common unit. That's why it's irrational, and why it's such a cosmic number in sacred geometry.

And, as an tip of the hat to Arthur, in the body's chakra system, the Phi ratio divides it roughly at the heart centre, so when doing any 'active' dowsing interventions etc., one's intention should indeed always be from a heart-centred standpoint of unconditional love.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
fostertom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fostertom »

Grahame Gardner wrote:At small scale, it's not as accurate, but if you extend it outwards, it becomes more accurate the larger it gets, because the ratio between subsequent numbers of the Fibonacci series gets closer to Phi the higher the numbers become.
It's not as accurate as what? or relative to what? Do you mean not 'inaccurate', but just 'different from a true Phi spiral'? Is it right to call a Fibonacci spiral 'inaccurate' just because it differs from, and converges with, an 'accurate' Phi spiral? Is it that a Fibonacci spiral can't be a continuous smooth curve but has to go in whole-number steps? In other words, is one of them 'superior' to the other; and why is e.g. Kevin talking Fibonacci in preference to Phi?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

fostertom wrote:It's not as accurate as what? or relative to what?
I mean relative to a true Phi spiral.
fostertom wrote: In other words, is one of them 'superior' to the other; and why is e.g. Kevin talking Fibonacci in preference to Phi?
Personally I don't think it matters one jot that there is any difference between these different 'approximations' of a Golden Spiral - it's a Platonic ideal, as Phi is a Divine number, and we cannot be expected to attain such levels of perfection - we can only ever approximate it.
Grahame
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

I've been rather lost with this thread- but I wonder if those who are up to speed with it all, plus anyone interested in Maths and in Art have seen this presentation by Lasse Rempe....
To the untrained eye, these vivid images might appear to be random sets of colourful swirls and circles.
But they are in fact precise visual representations of mathematical theory known as dynamical systems.
From here (You need the sound turned on)

There is a connection between earth energies, maths and art..... 8)
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
fostertom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fostertom »

Fabulous! Shown are s-shaped features similar to the dowsed lines I was illustrating earlier in this post (and I will complete that task when I have time). I couldn't get my head round how a pure Fibonacci or Phi spiral would suddenly decide to disconnect and reverse, at some random point, but here it is, arising from fractals. But maybe it's not then a true Fibonacci or Phi form, contrary to what Kevin et al are saying.

In Architectural CAD, Bentley (Microstation) have a new thing called Generative http://communities.bentley.com/Wiki/vie ... Components (link broken)
, which can create and evolve such shapes - which the video calls Dynamical Systems - in the form of the new breed of 'flagship' freeform buildings, and feed data to NC manufacturing equipment, to make it buildable.
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

Hello everyone,

I thought I would just re-ask the question and see if we are done with this topic. Does anyone think, given all of the new data offererd and possibilities discussed, that an edit of the Earth Energies Glossary on the entry for "water veins" is necessary? Or was it concluded earlier that 3 groups of 3 planes is adequate for the beginner (at least at night)?
"Develop an infallible technique, then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration." (from a craftsman, but it applies widely)
fostertom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fostertom »

I'm not 'done with it' Bob, just taking a holiday in 'the real world' for a bit! Edit away - can always be changed as necessary.

I got to hear my hero Hamish Miller talking last Sat, hot from the conference, presumably, promoting http://www.parallelcommunity.com under the auspices of Transition Town Totnes. Been reading his It's Not Too Late book (1998) - feel like it's moved me up a level or two.