Rosslyn Chapel

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Rosslyn Chapel

Post by Lorraine »

It wouldn't surprise me... :shock: The excavation I mentioned was legit, btw. :)
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lorraine »

Grahame Gardner wrote: If this is the excavation I think it is, it involved Andrew Sinclair and was filmed for Discovery Channel; but it was the crypt(s) under the main chapel they were trying to find, not the sacristy. The northeastern aisle in the chapel is where they lifted the flagstones and found stairs leading down with a wall on the inside edge as it were; they also drilled between some flagstones in the centre of the chapel and lowered an endoscopic camera in, but the hole became clogged with gravel and small debris and they(allegedly) didn't proceed any further (I always thought that was a pretty feeble excuse for giving up!). I don't think there have been any excavations in the sacristy part.

And did you know that there is also a Rose Line Da Vinci tartan:
Whatever next?! :roll:
I agree - pretty feeble excuse. One suspects they were told - no further! I wasn't sure where the excavation took place... thanks. I think it was the northeast corner that the tour guide said people found 'oppressive energy', but we stood there for a while and felt nowt... :P
As for the tartan... can you say ca-ching!!! :lol:

Lorraine
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Moving slightly away from the topic but touched on earlier.
Further dowsing is revealing that prayerful contact by males usually requires spirit intelligence to cross themselves (if within about 3 feet) for protection as the energies given off is coarser than that of contacting females. I would also suggest the same is true for those who prostrate themselves on the ground.
Not only do I find my hands/arms reaching out to do this to reflect the movement of the presence that is with me but am continuously shown with hands pointing the location of where the unseen things are, and hands clapping if I get the answer right.
I`m told the top of the forehead and shoulder points are energy receptors for both spirit people and physical people and are vulnerable. I have often found these blocked and need clearing.
Although I`m not sure why physical women wish to cross themselves at an altar/shrine seemingly more than men.
On a lighter note the younger women will lift a leg backwords at the knee when embracing their man off (sometimes seen in old movies at railway stations) - certainly not done in a sacred place or done by man.
Arthur
Elaine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Elaine »

Hi Lorraine.....another interesting take on Rosslyn can be found in the book by Brian Allan ' Rosslyn....Between two Worlds.' I think he has a dvd out as well on the subject.
Elaine
hmj
Beginner
Beginner

Post by hmj »

Hi Lorraine

I have been to Rossyln a few times both before and after Dan Browne. My first visit was before the public interest took off and was really to see the architecture. I had no other information.

The upper chapel was as expected and all went well until I decided to visit the crypt. About half way down the stairs I suddenly became very apprehensive for known clear reason. On entering the crypt I was hit by the starkness compared to the upper area (silly really) and by the extreme cold. Crypts are cool. This was just like walking into a commerical freezer. I was also disconcerted to see the altar there as I knew this had to be in the east but I was sure I had turned at ninty degrees to the main building. The feeling was one of cold judgemental power and I was certain it had been a place of ritual and was linked to the outer parts of the building and to the river. I walked round and went into the sacristy which was much easier in feel than the main crypt. However what really took my attention was the large very carved and very old cabinet which sat in the room/area to the right of the altar. It was clearly a thing of power and I spent some time studying it before leaving the building.

The next time I visted was after Dan Browne and the chapel was much busier. There was no feeling of apprehension and I spend some time dowsing the area both inside and out, including the glen. This time I was surpised to find lines where I would not have expected outside the building but was drawn to the stone in the crypt from Temple. As a result I then visited Temple and would recommend it to anyone as both beautiful and peaceful but with some strange lines round the ruined church.

The last time I visited was after a wedding and the church was decked out in daffodils and ivy swathes which suited it. This time again no apprehension in the crypt but I reaslied that I had not in fact ever gone into the Lady Chapel. On previous visits I had been content to view it from over the rail and was happy to sit watching tourists investigate it. I was surprised then when on entering it I found myself skirting carefully round the brass plaque on the floor for no good reason. I must have looked odd as a passing guide actually said to me that it was ok to walk on it as "there is nothing beneath it". I felt as I had at the Toronto Tower's glass floor - part of me knew it was solid but another was not so sure!!

All I can say is that I have never met any grumpy monks there but there have been a few odd things. Is it a chapel? Why build one there when you had a working one a few hundred yards down the hill before the new building was built. Why have a fireplace in it? I cannot answer your questions Lorraine but a certainly have a few of my own!!

Regards

HMJ
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lorraine »

arthur hamlin wrote:
Moving slightly away from the topic but touched on earlier.
Further dowsing is revealing that prayerful contact by males usually requires spirit intelligence to cross themselves (if within about 3 feet) for protection as the energies given off is coarser than that of contacting females. I would also suggest the same is true for those who prostrate themselves on the ground.
Hmm... must say I'm not entirely convinced by this. I can hear my teacher questioning - but *why* would spirit need protection?? Something to ponder. I would suggest that perhaps women tend to cross themselves more than men because they are more sensitive to that level of prayer-ful focus??
On a lighter note the younger women will lift a leg backwords at the knee when embracing their man off (sometimes seen in old movies at railway stations) - certainly not done in a sacred place or done by man.
Lol... infantising body language... pushing the lady into the man's embrace and conveying her need of his protective strength. Also, the practicalities of standing on one high-heeled foot... allows for a slight boost upwards. :)
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lorraine »

hmj wrote: The upper chapel was as expected and all went well until I decided to visit the crypt. About half way down the stairs I suddenly became very apprehensive for known clear reason. On entering the crypt I was hit by the starkness compared to the upper area (silly really) and by the extreme cold. Crypts are cool. This was just like walking into a commerical freezer. I was also disconcerted to see the altar there as I knew this had to be in the east but I was sure I had turned at ninty degrees to the main building. The feeling was one of cold judgemental power and I was certain it had been a place of ritual and was linked to the outer parts of the building and to the river. I walked round and went into the sacristy which was much easier in feel than the main crypt. However what really took my attention was the large very carved and very old cabinet which sat in the room/area to the right of the altar. It was clearly a thing of power and I spent some time studying it before leaving the building.
(snip)
HMJ
Interesting experiences there, HMJ. I, too, have felt the chill in the crypt. When we were there, we could see our breath; more so than I'd expect for a stone room built into the hillside.
My friend felt as if someone had been forced down onto the altar cushion, their arms held out-stretched by other people. Religious coercion is not, I suspect, new in such places.

My friend also kept seeing the southern door with light spilling through. If that was the original entrance, which seems likely, then that would fit with your feeling of having turned ninety degrees.

The old cabinet has been moved now, so can't comment. The fireplace possibly dates from when the chapel was used for the stone masons' workshop (as has been assumed by historians). I found it interesting that the victorianised angels were all in good condition except the one nearest the fireplace, which seems to have been defaced. I wonder what it depicted??

Can't quite recall the stone from Temple... unless you mean the old cross which had been re-cut?

I know what you mean about the brass plaques... it didn't seem right to walk across them and I noticed not every visitor did so, either.

Yes, the crypt was originally a chapel, some 200 years before Rosslyn was built. Grahame's post further up this thread provides a link to info.

Lorraine
Sally

Post by Sally »

Ok I’ve finally managed to find the post, and as I am new here I will firstly apologise for my twittering on – I recently visited Rosslyn with Lorraine, I was extremely drawn to go there, hard to explain why, and as far as the Da Vinci code goes I’ve neither read the book or seen the film, and have no inclination to either.
I hadnt heard of the rose line, if there is one, but had heard tale of a heart stone under the Alter at Rosslyn, and that it was somehow connected energetically to a main Roil point, Anyway :oops: I just HAD to go

To be honest I’m not in the slightest knowledgeable about ley lines, but I believe that the energy grids have a lot more importance than most people think, in what way I am looking forward to finding out

At first I didn’t really feel much form the chapel and was a little disappointed, the Chapel had initially seemed a rather large building, now inside its proportions seemed very small. However with an open and enquiring mind, off we went to explore

It’s a fabulous building and is well worth a visit even if only from an architectural point of view. Most of the ceiling was still under renovation but what struck me was the height, it gave a kind of infinite feel to the place, which I feel is prevalent throughout the building. I was also amazed that while wandering around such a small building that time just seemed to disappear and a good few hours had passed in the blink of an eye.

The places where I felt energies were firstly at the top of the stairs to the crypt (older chapel)I felt almost like the floor was moving under me, a fluid and unsteady feeling. The energy felt strong again at the bottom of the stairs, facing the alter and it just felt like the energy was flowing through the centre of the room straight through the stairs to the window, and almost being deflected around any one that was there. The chill in the air enabling us to see our breath seemed escessively cold for the summer day that is was.
As Lorraine said the music they had on just didn’t do any favours and in fact almost grated on the energy in the room.
I felt some energies in the room and had the image of two people in blue robes over seeing the worship of someone in red, almost perhaps like an initiation, but felt that they were being coerced into it. My impression on things anyway. I was also drawn to the doorway next to the fireplace, feeling there was something underlying there, is this perhaps in line with the castle, on my next visit will investigate this more, so unless you guys have any theories on this I will move on….
This incidently is next to the only carving not to be renovated, the one supposedly of lady st Clair with no head but looks like a head on either shoulder??
Another strong energy I felt was while on the scaffolding above where the stairs into the crypt would be it felt almost like a downwards pressure
The anomalies of the building puzzled me, the raised alter above the stairs in particular, and for a very symmetrical building this threw things out a bit as in it was raised above the other 3 in the Lady Chapel and was devoid of the St. Clair cross that they bore. Bearing in mind that this is part of the newer building and supposedly the stairs to the lower crypt were put there for the architects to stay in during the rebuilding of the upper chapel. That in itself must have been a large job and why they went to the bother of creating this and then leaving it open to me is strange. Surely in the hay day of the chapel they would want it all to be aesthetically pleasing, and being a hardy lot they would have been fine to take the short walk outside. Is the raised alter part of an earlier build perhaps, and why is the newer build directly one level up from the old almost like an upper story but looks as though it is separate from the outside if that makes sense. What IS underneath the main Chapel :lol: *(and no I dont want the grail whatever that may be hehe)
Anyway I will leave this for now as I have probably gone on enough already,,,,
I look forward to finding out more about energy lines,

Oh and while I’m here does anyone have any information on any around the area of Crookston Castle in Glasgow, which is where I am having a ponder at the moment after reading snippets about “Glasgows Secret Geometry” by Harry Bell

Sally
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Lots of info about atmoshpere especially in the crypt but has anyone dowsed to know why?
I dowsed and was told that an earthbound was there.
Very often the cold clammy and heavy atmosphere can reflect a presence.
Here I`m told a man killed another over 10,000 years ago (spirit time not being measured as ours) and was able with permission to extract him and his victim/s who were elsewhere to receive help mainly because of anger.
I get that an awful lot of spears were used in those days and in this instance the spear went through the front top of his head and came out near the point of his chin.
Recently I met a Lady who had headaches which were persisting and again in this instance a spear had passed through the chin and out through the head of a spirit man who was close to her. The spear was still resident in his head. Another case of a sensitive picking up vibes and insufficiently protected!.
I find it best to get all parties to come to you and to go through a restorative process, which many of us utilise to bring healing to not only an upstairs person, but which subsequently relieves the pain of the physical host they attach themselves to.
Arthur
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lorraine »

Good point, Arthur. I guess it really doesn't occur to me to do 'rescue work' unless prompted by my friends in spirit. I've read your other accounts of this with interest.

Hiya Sal!!
:)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

ROSSLYN Chapel was last night hosting a gala opening of an opera production for the first time in its history.
The performance of The Magic Flute – an opera almost as famous for its purported ties to Freemasonry as the chapel itself – could be the beginning of an annual opera season at the historic venue, it is hoped.
Click here for Scotsman newspaper article (link broken)
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon