Do bees dowse?

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
Pauline Roberts

The bees knees and other parts......

Post by Pauline Roberts »

Hello Beesontoast,

I have now read through the Bees forum post you advised and the discussion of dowsing was most interesting....rather overtook the focus on bees!! I commend you for your well balanced comments and the participants for their civility on what can be a contentious issue.

I have visited both the old church at Buckfastleigh and Buckfast Abbey, neither of which have emanatations that work for me. However the treacle tart and clotted cream the cafe serves is worth straddling a black line or two, trust me! I figure my 'safe time' (based on absolutely no reliable science whatsoever) for the Abbey can only be enhanced by something that delicious. Hopefully my pancreas agreed.

Regarding the "I have dowsed this so it must be true", I am sure you can intuit my feelings on BS like that. IMHO none of us has the absolute answer and anyone who tells you they have is kidding themselves, all they have is something that is true for them. So I'm with you on that one Geoff, great to 'talk' to you again, mate.

However, as a water diviner, I do of course stake (in more ways than one, ha ha) my reputation each time I say "there" but I have been wrong and these, thankfully rare, situations whilst somewhat upsetting, have been some of my best teachers. I have also found that all is not necessarily lost with a dry bore using intent work but that for another thread, another day. I am clear with my farmers that I can only do my best and they accept my help, or decline it, on that basis.

Interestingly, to me anyway (!), I had the delight to be out with three other practising water diviners at a course recently and given free choice we'd all have placed our stake somewhere different. We could all 'appreciate' the others' choice in most cases but the methods used to tune in and assess were as different as the individuals involved. It was also one of the most ego-less encounters I have ever had and we all learned a tremendous amount because of it. In the end drilling is the only way to find out what's what so there was no point whatsoever in fighting about our respective positions. This poses some interesting questions as to whether there is more water than we ever presume there, or anywhere for that matter, whether intent plays a part or whether we were all deluding ourselves......but it gets us no closer to the bees now does it.

So, back to the plot and Chris's question. Whilst it seems, from my experience, that bees like earth energies that are non beneficial to humans, the same can not, I guess, be said for human-generated electromagnetic fields unless anyone's ever seen a swarm inside a meter box, in which case I sit corrected. And if they can make the meter go backwards then I'll really pay attention....

So, I intuit that placing bees under overhead powerlines wouldn't make their day or more honey for that matter. Research by the redoubtable Pat Coleby (Healthy Cattle, Goats, Sheep Naturally (three books)) found that goats placed in a paddock under powerlines suffered nutritional deficiencies around Vitamin E if I recall correctly. After Richard Box, the artist in residence at Bristol University's Physics Department (yes you read that correctly) placed 1301 worn out fluorescent tubes under power lines which would light up at night due to interaction with the powerlines electromagnetic field, I have no doubt that subtle electromagnetic beings like ourselves are affected by man made EMFs. (Full story: EEG Newsletter Vol 9 Issue 34, June 2004. "Art, Science & Dowsing meld in a Field"
should be up on the website too (mod - link added. G.))

And if you really want to find out what EMFs do to us, I would recommend Lyn McLean's "What's the Buzz?" (gotta be on a beekeepers list eh?) (see http://www.energyconnections.com.au/sit ... uct/05-007 (link broken)
) which carefully and readably relates the known research on all manner of human generated electromagentic field effects.

And if you still want your power points buzzing behind your head, get a mate with a trifield meter to measure the various EMFs and compare them to the current safe levels of exposure. When you have got over the shock, pun intended, I am sure you'll consider not using those power points, moving clock radios away and not having your mobile by the bed. I have used meters etc but now just dowse what's appropriate for my long term health and wellbeing. When I come across a close AC source that is, I'll write it on the forum. Direct current appears to me, to be less of a threat, but I treat all electrickery with the same wariness yet of course I still use it with impunity, I am not suggesting we return to the stone age.

"What's the Buzz?" goes into the potential effects of man made electromagnetic fields on our energy fields but I intuit they disrupt and overwhelm the subtle electromagnetism of the body. As a naturopath, people I see suffering from EMF-stress often have leaky guts and interestingly I see that with those suffering from geopathic stress as well. This may indeed be coincidental or due to some other factors but maybe man-made EMF affects places where cell division is high and messes it up in some manner. The gut lining is being replaced continuously of course.
I don't know how a bee's gut works so I'd better stop there. I might live Down Under but I can still hear the cheering folks!

Wishing you all a 2006 full of milk and honey.....

Pauline
beesontoast

bees

Post by beesontoast »

G'day Pauline!

Yes, the beekeepers' discussion was interesting. Beekeepers are an argumentative lot, but usually well-behaved!

> the treacle tart and clotted cream the cafe serves is worth straddling a black line or two, trust me!

I worked at the Abbey for a year (beekeeping, not monking) and one of the perks (come to think of it, about the only perk) was lunch in the Grange every day. I never dared touch the cream cakes, though...

I agree with you about how 'being wrong' can be a great teacher. There are plenty of opportunities to 'get it wrong' in beekeeping and when I do, the bees waste no time in teaching me a lesson!

I also take on board what you say about dowsable energies affecting people differently. That hadn't really occurred to me and would explain why two dowsers can get quite different results when mapping a house for 'bad' lines. My biggest difficulty is removing the element of 'wishful thinking' or being influenced by what I 'expect' to find. I guess this is a problem that all dowsers have to learn to deal with.

>placed 1301 worn out fluorescent tubes under power lines which would light up at night due to interaction with the powerlines electromagnetic field,

I vaguely remember reading some time ago of a farmer who was prosecuted for stealing electicity from overhead lines by running a wire fence in parallel with a high voltage line and connecting it to his domestic supply! I thought he should get an award for ingenuity...

Thanks again for your wisdom and information!

beesontoast aka Phil Chandler
Pauline Roberts

Post by Pauline Roberts »

G'day Philsontoast,

Nope, that just doesn't have the same buzz to it, does it? Tee hee.

At the last American SW Dowsers conference, I gave a talk about the Psychology of Dowsing....the potted 30 second version, as opposed to the hour long one (yawn) is that, in my opinion, one's dowsing ability reflects where one is at.

For example, if I want a dowsing result to be such and such...then I take a look at why I want to control the outcome...what am I afraid of if it doesn't go as 'planned' etc. So maybe control issues are something I need to work on and in working with myself to resolve that aspect, the knock on effect is that my dowsing gets better. Or so I have found.

Expectation tends to be, in my opinion, a wish to clamp down the potential results, a form of control largely because we are a little out of our comfort zone and so there are issues there that our ego would like to remain safe and not too challenged by...hence expecting the results (controlling the possiblities) makes it feel better because it's already worked out what's going to happen. Deep breaths, laughing at myself and staying focused in the moment have been my answer to that...along with a 'whatever happens I'll cope' attitude.

So be kind to yourself, know that you are learning a new sensory/intuitive technique which will have ramifications throughout your life and in the process change yourself as well - as does any technique that stretches us to be all we can be.

That two dowsers might find different results in a home, for example, does not mean that those energies can not be harmonised if that is the intent. I don't think energies are that fussed about how we visualise them to be, merely they respond to the interaction of focused intent irrespective of the technique used to achieve it. So perhaps it's not important to 'do it right' just to do it to the best of one's ability, let go and let God so to speak. Anyway, so far that approach has worked for me...

I am pleased to hear that your bees are frank with their feedback...honesty in communication is always to be applauded!

Kindest regards, have fun,

Pauline
beesontoast

Post by beesontoast »

Hi Pauline,

Thanks again for your words of wisdom, which I will contemplate...

Hmm.

Yes, I can see how 'expectations' can get in the way. And how I need to look at what is behind them.

I will go away and do some more practice, with some 'expert' guidance if possible.

I will come back and report my findings.

Meanwhile, there is a lot more reading to do!

Best wishes,
Phil
Sue Holmes

Bees & Shamanism

Post by Sue Holmes »

To Anyone with an interest in bees and/or shamanism,

I highly recommend the book 'The Shamanic Way of the Bee' by Simon Buxton.

I'm not a fast reader, but I couldn't put it down and read it within 2 days.
It's beautifully written, and an amazing true story of 'magic' here in the UK.

Sue
Kevin
Novice
Novice

do bees dowse

Post by Kevin »

Yes, I know more about wasps, I used to collect wasp nests for fishing.
To find a wasps nest simply stand still, look up and watch for them, they fly in straight lines, easy to follow.
Moles can definately dowse, I follow them here in cropredy ( not far from Dav. )they travel along a line, until they encounter a spiral, and then they follow it.
Trees can dowse, they endevour to position themselves dead on a crossing point of two lines, then they make use of what is on offer.
Fungi are the kiddies though, especially the fairy rings, we are lucky here loads of them, and all of them dead centre of two crossing lines, all to phi dimensions, they sure can dowse.
Kevin
Kevin
Novice
Novice

do bees dowse

Post by Kevin »

Just a quick thought, have you ever observed bees when they return to the nest?
They inform all the other bees about where they have been, by spinning and turning in a seemingly silly way, perhaps they can navigate, by means of something we can't see, but can dowse,and what they are doing is to say, fly down that line, turn left on that next line, then right at the next line , and then you will be in a field of polen?
just a thought, about bees ?
kevin
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: do bees dowse

Post by Helen-Healing »

Kevin wrote:Moles can definately dowse, I follow them here in cropredy ( not far from Dav. )they travel along a line, until they encounter a spiral, and then they follow it.
Off topic but interesting. At the Rollrights we noticed that there were practically no molehills outside the circle, but many inside & they seemed to go in a circular sort of direction.