Menacuddle Well St Austell

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
cornishlad

Menacuddle Well St Austell

Post by cornishlad »

Has anyone on here dowsed this site? We have visited this a few times and both have independently found the same line running from approximately the south west, through the druids chair and to the well. From the well it exits and runs roughly parallel and slightly towards the line of the main road. We took our daughter there this afternoon and she "found" the same line.

As a relative novice I would be interested (read reassured lol) if this coincides with anyone elses findings.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Re: Menacuddle Well St Austell

Post by ledgehammer »

cornishlad wrote:Has anyone on here dowsed this site? We have visited this a few times and both have independently found the same line running from approximately the south west, through the druids chair and to the well. From the well it exits and runs roughly parallel and slightly towards the line of the main road. We took our daughter there this afternoon and she "found" the same line.

As a relative novice I would be interested (read reassured lol) if this coincides with anyone elses findings.
Hi,

Cornish lad,

I dont think we visited this site when we done the cornwall segment (strange as I am sure we would have done it), I have lent my copy of the sun and the serpent that no doubt has a good diagram in it. I would write down your findings and see what the feedback in comparison, but sounds about right. Although this was dowsed over 20 years ago, so

a) the line may have moved as a result of physical or intentional means
b) you may have found another line

I am also betting that if you spent some time there dowsing you would find a lot of lines, many of which may be smaller than the Main line you are looking for.

Best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
cornishlad

Post by cornishlad »

Hi Tom
I have bought a copy of the book and it only mentions it in passing. I ordered copies of the maps from Penwith Press. These have coincide with what I found on the other side of the chapel. However due to the scale of the map it is difficult to see before the chapel. Having checked some of the other places I have dowsed both my partner and I are both happy that we are finding earth energy lines. It is an amazing and somewhat humbling.

At Menacuddle I seem to be getting a much wider response on the line each time I visit. On my third visit I seemed to be getting a line approx 6 feet across and with 5 or 6 bands of flow. Is this usual?

David
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

cornishlad wrote:Hi Tom
I have bought a copy of the book and it only mentions it in passing. I ordered copies of the maps from Penwith Press. These have coincide with what I found on the other side of the chapel. However due to the scale of the map it is difficult to see before the chapel. Having checked some of the other places I have dowsed both my partner and I are both happy that we are finding earth energy lines. It is an amazing and somewhat humbling.

At Menacuddle I seem to be getting a much wider response on the line each time I visit. On my third visit I seemed to be getting a line approx 6 feet across and with 5 or 6 bands of flow. Is this usual?

David
Hi David,

we loved cornwall, the mount, roche rock, the cheesewring, boscowen-un

we were shown the book at one of the solstices having understood absolutely nothing. We visited the norfolk/Cambs sites on my days off and we both noted strange anolomies at the sites , my fingers would twitch and Fae's (my partner) legs would go like jelly. Through this we were convinced there was something in it, both being remotely sceptical about it.

Eventually I learnt to dowse, and its been an interesting journey. But that book and the sites along with the amazing research that was done is always the book I recommend for anyone going for earth energies.

in reference to the well and its mention in the book, this is most probably why we never went - with so many sites listed in detail we unfortunately had to pick and choose, and we also missed Lostweithal (my spelling is bad, I realise) as it was shut on that day…

one thing i have found, is that I always locate water lines, even when Im searching for energy - but I suppose in my mind water and energy are interlinked.

Having never dowsed the line its hard to say, its possible - do you find that the bands of energy alternate in direction (this may be dependant on how you learnt to dowse), do the rods switch direction as you cross the bands?

My process when i began dowsing and had extremely little to go on, was long and painstaking, using graph paper, strings and tent pegs. One thing you could do is follow the line itself and see how it compares later on,

wander about 20 meters along the line, measure its width and the bands, make notes and continue, but try to remain on that line (easier said than done), generally lines will fluctuate but you can establish its that line by measuring it and comparing it.

a great app, i use with my gps on my phone is dowsing apps.co.uk, it does cost a small amount but gives good results:

http://tomjonesworldtravelblog.blogspot ... henge.html

I dont often get chance to dowse these days, which is a shame - its some of the best fun I have had alone

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Oh,

forgot to mention,

lines also fluctuate by a few paces either side, Rory has done some really good work on this, Im sure he will pop on here in a minute,

but "dowsing observations" is a good book where he shows this fluctuation in line with the seasons.

I have found lines to move while working on them, which also makes things tricky!

happy hunting

Tom
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Dave,

One of the great things about earth energy dowsing is that the energies react to your presence and intention, so they will increase in size as you work with them. Also you will find that you become more attuned to a site the more you work with it, so will be able to detect more subtle influences that you may have previously missed.

Hamish Miller also demonstrated that a power centre in a site will produce a 'geoglyph' or manifestation of a petalled pattern after it has been worked with, noticeably when he placed a large amethyst crystal on it.

Leys do have polarity and bands that alternate in direction and polarity - usually 5 or 7 bands, but 9 or more is not uncommon on more powerful lines. The majority of the bands will determine both polarity and direction of flow.

Sounds like you're doing well with your dowsing to me - just keep on doing what you're doing, and enjoy the trip! :)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

Hamish Miller also demonstrated that a power centre in a site will produce a 'geoglyph' or manifestation of a petalled pattern after it has been worked with, noticeably when he placed a large amethyst crystal on it.
Can this be found in any of Hamish Millers books or any others for that matter? Any recommendations?

Alan
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I would recommend the DVD 'Spirit of the Serpent' for a demonstration of Hamish dowsing such a manifestation.
I think it's also mentioned in 'It's Not Too Late' and possibly 'The Sun & The Serpent' (?)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

Thanks Grahame,
much appreciated.

Alan
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
cornishlad

Post by cornishlad »

Thank you all for your input.

We popped down there again this afternoon and it was very different to any previous visit. The place seemed alive. I felt a tingling in both fingers.

I found the line easily and could discerne 5 distinct bands of flow with alternating directions. I followed it to the well and then out parallel to the road.

I then searched the area next to the druids chair and believe I found my first ever spiral! I followed the rod tip and went around three decreasing "circles" culminating in a spot. This was approximately 3 feet from the main line.

As I walked back up towards the bridge I think i found another spiral much larger than the first approximately 10 foot diameter. I am not sure if this was actually there or just a result of my imagination hoping to find one. However the response on the rod was very distinct and repeatable.

I had purchased the dowsing app but the trees resulted in some very random plots some distance from the true position and in a pretty random pattern not consistent with the true positions.

The place really seemed alive and buzzing and I cant wait to get back and try again.
cornishlad

Post by cornishlad »

This is the well this afternoon.
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

I love Menacuddle Well, I used to live 10 minutes walk from there, and I have been there many times.
It was the first place I dowsed outside and I have dowsed it often, but not for a number of years now.
I always get a balance of extremes when I've dowsed there, for want of a better description the valley seems wet and yin like, but the Michael line running through the valley feels very yang like.
I sat often on the chair with thoughts or problems and left the chair feeling changed, I have also drank from the well, which requires a certain amount of bravery.

I have some notes on it from 28/8/07

I dowsed the chair and it appeared to be sat on an anti-node, this was what I describe as the opposite of a node point.
To me a node point focussed the energy of two or more lines to a point that travels into the earth. The anti node pushed energy out or emitted it in a kind of spread out large energy source, rather than an inward focussing force.
There was also a spiral emanating from the chair in an anti-clockwise direction from the centre out.
The Michael line was 31 paces wide made up of 19 bands all flowing towards the chair.
I measured the frequency of the Michael line at 4.2mhz-13.4mhz.
The spiral chair line at 10.3mhz-20mhz
The anti-node at 9.2ghz-21.7ghz
Whilst on the chair the anti-node flows out through the body cleansing, with external focus.
The Michael line flows in through the body, with internal focus.
A balance or stillness is created with the action of the anti-node and the Michael line.
The chair itself didn't seem to play a part in the energy field. Maybe just a marker?

I found out a couple of years ago that the water from Menacuddle Well is also pumped across St Austell to the brewery and made into beer for St Austell ales.

Also somewhere on line a few years ago I found a piece written by William Cookworthy, the founder of english china clay on dowsing for tin or copper, and in it he wrote a little about Menacuddle Well in the 1700's?
stay on the path, beware of the moon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Loved the comments on Menacuddle Well, I have never visited Im afraid, but looking on Google Earth you can dowse its a wonderful place with history.I only know the reports from Megalithic Portal and on this link, but dowsing the site is exciting/interesting as an outsider/stranger and I would like to write about what I found there...First I dowsed two Sacred Sites in the town, one at the lower end of Menacuddle Hill just before a tight bend with a T junction just after, the site is on the left of the road looking up the hill near a house.Its very old when it became active, BUT not as old as the other Sacred Site on Bodmin Road/B 3274, which I date to 4000 years ago when it first became active.This site is off the road to the left again, and is situated dowsing at the south end of the car park/open square near a large house.The pictures I have seen show the energy to be very close to the Druids Chair, but not right on it, and the Well has less energy for me, like the stone house,but I dont have a clue where each part of the puzzle sits, not being a local chap. But the place has a warm feeling and is still active and exciting,near the Druids Chair will be a magical place Im sure, it has much to offer.