Big Horn Medicine Wheel

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Big Horn Medicine Wheel

Post by mike »

WOW I just looked at the medicine wheel and its a most powerful place, a Sacred Site I believe some 3300 years old when it was recorded with lines of stones around its design.Two ordinary ancient Leys pass from north to south and east to west giving the site a clockwise influence walking around it, with a deep water vein running ne to sw at about 60 feet down.Only the many tribes of native plains people can use the site I believe,but I would hope others who treat the site with due respect would be allowed to visit now and then.Many other MEDICINE WHEELS are in Canada and the US, I have already checked out the Newark Earthworks and its really like Avebury here in the UK,containing active powerful Leys in some number.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Big Horn Medicine Wheel

Post by Grahame »

I agree Mike, it's a corker of a site. Definitely on my bucket list to visit one day.

Lots of astronomical alignments too (which is why I think this topic is better placed in Earth Energies) - as you can see on this site .

I like the 'sun track diorama' model; I once made one for a class I was teaching, although it was much cruder than the one shown there. I might have to revisit that.

Susan Collins thinks that many of the medicine wheels are associated with buffalo migration routes, particularly where there are water crossing points. Might be worth a dowse?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

US Medicine Wheels.

Post by mike »

Sent a posting off yesterday but its disappeared,not sure whats happening,so I toned this posting down and sending it again....The Big Horn Medicine Wheel in the US, its a very ancient but powerful place where many plains tribes worshipped and shared this site in the past, and I think remain in control of it today.Its a special place for them and anyone with eyes to see,the site has normal Leys that you would find here at Avebury and Stonehenge passing through the site from north to south and east to west giving the site a clockwise influence within the circle of stones.If you imagine the circle like a clockface at about 8 oclock is a healing spot on the outer edge for me, but for other dowsers this position might change.In life we have both negative and positive dowsers, so for some the position of the energy force within any design/crop circle/ancient site could be different from other folk, you just have to know what group you are in.Jim Lyons a well know dowser was different from me, he found the centre of all genuine crop circles to be the hot spot, while I always found the outer edge of the design to hold the most power/energy.Anyway many of the old medicine wheels are really sites where powerful forces exist, and the native people would guard these sites from all others and go to great lengths to protect them...The Newark Earthworks/Medicine Wheel is a huge site, some 1100 feet across the circle there and was protected and used by the Hopewell native folk,I dowse it became active 3100 years ago, and is very special.The ordinary Leys which cross this site run at north to south with another north east to south west,east to west, and the last south east to north west, a really powerful place, with a deep water line under the east to west Ley.And to the far north west is another smaller Sacred Circle near Saxony Drive, at 191 feet across with ordinary Leys at North to south and east to west and south east from the Earthworks running to north west, another active and welcoming site.