Pendulum anomalies during eclipses

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Pendulum anomalies during eclipses

Post by Grahame »

I have heard of this effect before, but it's surely worth some further investigation by dowsers?
Daily Grail wrote:Pendulum Anomaly During Solar Eclipses Could Rewrite the Laws of Science
While most people take in the awe-inspiring spectacle of a solar eclipse by looking at the sky, a small group of scientists spend their time watching a pendulum, seeking an anomaly that could turn physics upside down.

In 1954 French polymath Maurice Allais performed an experiment in which he release a Foucault pendulum every 14 minutes for an entire month. (A Foucault pendulum is one that, at its hinge point, is free to move in any direction. French physicist Léon Foucault used the device in 1851 to demonstrate the rotation of the Earth: because it can move in any direction, as the Earth rotates the pendulum’s motion slowly shifts relative to the Earth beneath it. )

Maurice Allais’ 30 day experiment happened to coincide with the 1954 solar eclipse, and he was shocked to find that during the eclipse, the pendulum’s angular motion suddenly changed. There was no physical law which would suggest this effect, so Allais was baffled. Allais repeated the experiment in during another solar eclipse in 1959 to check his result, but again recorded an anomalous movement. This change in the motion of the pendulum during an eclipse came to be known as the Allais effect, or Allais anomaly. Suggestions for the cause have ranged from dark matter through to gravitational anomalies.
Click here for full article.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Pendulum anomalies during eclipses

Post by mike »

Got to be worth looking at this Grahame, looks like a change to the norm has to occur during this time I would think, but when is the next full Eclipse, I’m 83 soon it has to be sooner than later for me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Pendulum anomalies during eclipses

Post by mike »

Partial Eclipse on 25 Oct between 10- 11.50 am, might have some reactions between those times, worth checking I believe. Think a full Eclipse is due 2094, so don’t expect me to post anything friends, little past my sell by date !! :mrgreen: