pain from dowsing?

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
duster

pain from dowsing?

Post by duster »

This is my first post here....so hello everyone.
On a few occasions I have considerably more aches and pains in my joints and head after a day out ee dowsing, usually combining an ancient church site with surrounding landscape/pathways. Admittedly my health is not brilliant anyway but a dowsing friend has similar experience. We always ask permission before we start and give thanks to the site afterwards. Anyone experience similar? Any suggestions on added protection?
Dragon

Re: pain from dowsing?

Post by Dragon »

Hi Duster,

I am a Reiki practitioner and before we start a new session with a client, we always say that the day after the first session the client may experience a healing crisis, ie a worsening of the condition they suffer from, and this will decrease with each session.

Many EE sites are healing sites, though now they may have churches on them, and whilst you are there dowsing, tuning into the energies, you could be receiving healing! Therefore, the day after you may be suffering a healing crisis. Perhaps the more you go to these places and dowse, tapping into the energy, the less symptoms you may experience the next day - worth a try??

Peace Profound
Dragon
Peace Profound
Dragon

Mind like parachute - work better when open! - Confucious
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Duster,

What an odd experience...the reason, I would suggest, could possibly be the following...

Because you are probably clairvoyant as well as being able to dowse, when you ask permission
to dowse you are inadvertently opening up/linking your clairvoyant abilities to whatever energies the site contains. You will probably be aware that some sites can contain either or both detrimntal and beneficial energies but in some sites the detrimental energies are more peowerful and it is those that you could be picking up. From my experience I have found that some churches are emitting detrimental energy on account of their being contaminated by 'black magic' practices at some time in their history and these, if you are not careful, can do you quite a bit of both physical and or mental damage.

May I suggest that, when you ask permission, you also ask whether the site contains any detrimental energies that might harm you and, if you get a 'Yes', either mentally close down any of your clairvoyant abilities that are open or leave the site, depending on what your intuition tells you to do.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi duster, and welcome to the forum.

You say you ask for permission before dowsing - is this the 3-question 'Can I..? May I..? Should I..?' procedure, or something else?

It always pays to use as much protection as you can when dowsing in high-energy sacred spaces. I always carry out a grounding and centring exercise in addition to the permission routine. Try visualising a beam of white light from the sun entering into the top of your head and passing through your body down into the earth. Do this as you breathe in and out slowly several times When you feel that the beam of light has reached the centre of the earth, picture an answering pulse coming back up the beam into your heart centre. Picture this as an expanding ball of light, and expand it out to until the light fills your whole aura and you are surrounded in an egg of light.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
duster

Post by duster »

Thanks for your responses. Brief reply here as mega migraine still going on.
Yes, I ask 'may I, can...' etc plus asking genus locii or any place guardian for permission. The full light beam/egg is similar to what I would usually do and I have to admit I didn't do the personal protection as much as I should and would have if I had been alone; I got rather distracted by being part of a group and though we as a group asked not to be affected by each others' energies or dowsing activities, I then got drawn into conversation while moving onto the site and I did find some of the others' activities distracting and, dare I say, irritating.
It was also very windy, cold and raining and that is the worse weather condition for my head! Guess I need to isolate myself rather more for future group work.
I'll check in with some of my companions during the week and see if anyone else picked up detrimental stuff.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I agree that protection in any dowsing situation is necessary, but it is interesting that both Grahame and Geoff homed in on negative/bad energies. I do not discount them in any way, they can be very strong, but strong positive/good energies can be detrimental too. I also used to get headaches and nausia when dowsing at powerful energy centres and not necessarily from negative energies.

By focussing on negative energies when dowsing, is it not possible to draw them in, or even to create them ourselves? The mind is very powerful too. Naively perhaps, I like to consider a place is 'good' until proven otherwise. I have found it seems very easy for a dowser with preconceptions to find what he thinks he will find - good or bad!

We did not ask Duster the subject of his dowsing - this could be significant in the advice that we offer.

Peace Profound
Dragon

"This mind is like a parachute - it works better when it's open!"

"
Peace Profound
Dragon

simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Dragon wrote:
I also used to get headaches and nausia when dowsing at powerful energy centres
...which, in Duster's case, could be amplified by working in/with a group, especially if suffering from ME or similar.
The key word would seem to be "strength" of energy.
This does not, however, mean the protection/permission procedures are unnecessary or can be ignored.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Dragon wrote:it is interesting that both Grahame and Geoff homed in on negative/bad energies.
I beg to differ, Dragon - I mentioned "high energy sacred spaces" but made no mention of negative/bad energies. That's not a term I use frequently; I'm more likely to say 'traumatised' or 'detrimental'.
I agree with you that strong energies of any kind can be draining; hence my recommendation of a grounding/centring exercise.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
duster

Post by duster »

Thanks for more thoughts and I'll try and be clear as I still have a massive migraine going on (and yes, I am a sensitive and do also have chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia...and I am female).
I have to say I resonated with what Dragon has to say (like the open parachute) and aim to be non-judgemental and open-minded about what to expect. I was basically looking to be open to any earth energies associated with the site. It's a place I have visited and felt good in a few times before but hadn't actively dowsed there on previous visits; it may well be that the energies amplified by the group were my problem.
One of the group mailed me today to say she too had headache and pains after visiting the site alone as she couldn't be with us on Saturday, but the dowsing companion I expected to also respond badly didn't. I did notice that he picks up on the outer edge of an an energy band whereas I initially pick up the centre; that adds to the puzzle as I thought it was generally outer lines which tend to have a detrimental affect....
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Duster,
If your not fed up with all the replies yet and can hear me out, there is a chance you have not checked your various energy fields before going on a dowse.
If any is extending less than 9" inches away from you than you could have gone through a possible stress or trauma or just exhausted.
If as you say your joints give you pain than both the protective and/or physical field could be down allowing outside energies in to disturb.
Also the chronic fatique you talk of could be almost anything but when this occurs again and you are up to it ask if all your energy fields are in good order. Gradually by elimination you could pin these problems down and get closer to finding a remedy.
Good luck,
Arthur
duster

Post by duster »

Hello Arthur, and thanks for your thoughts - can't get too many replies but apologies for slow response (I'm up and about and trying to get ready for my first EEG meet at the weekend).
I hadn't checked my energy fields before the dowsing trip and having measured them a couple of times yesterday and today - before and after trying to bring them closer in - I have to say I'm getting a lot of bands well outside 9" so this is obviously an area I have to work on. It has been noticed many a time that I am wide open. I have to give this more thought, and find a more effective way of balancing the need to be receptive and the need for protection.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Duster,
Forgive me, but am not sure whether I am getting through to you, because with experience I find that the various energy fields need to extend out 9"beyond you and not less as you could be vulnerable. Some times I find people are not able to generate their own protection for various reasons, so requesting help can give temporary protection to that person.
Good luck with the EEG meeting at the weekend. I was on the committee at one time but as it was going in a different direction to my interests I found someone who could take my place.
I am mainly into health/healing and consider this the most important aspect of being a dowser.
Arthur
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

hi duster
Interesting posts, I personally don't ask for any protection, I do get headaches sometimes and aches and pains elsewhere too. Mostly I get the urge to vomit at powerful sites, which I mostly view as cleansing rather than harmful. If I visit a site that feels unhealthy to me at the time then I use the rods to find a place to stand or be before I leave that is healthy or calming for me.
I try and finish dowsing on a positive rather than a negative.
Mostly when I've had headaches I've tended to put it down to de-hydration or long dowsing sessions holding the rods out in front of me and concentrating for hours on end.

regards
ocd
stay on the path, beware of the moon
duster

Post by duster »

Hello again Arthur; delayed response but wanted to thank you for clarifying your advice re distance of protective bands. I meant to say that many, but not all, of my bands were dowsing as beyond 9". You have very helpfully reminded me to check this aspect and hopefully I should now remember to do so!

Hi ocd, only time I've been so affected as to vomit was as a teenager when I camped in the Stonehenge carpark and was so ill all night, only getting better as we drove away next day in search of a doctor! Your tip of standing on a beneficial spot before leaving is another to remember. I find I tend to do all of that if dowsing alone intuitively and without distraction.
angela
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Firstly, to Grahame, I apologise, I obviously did not read your comment properly. Your grounding exercise is one of the best and well practiced among us healers, not just to ground ourselves, but as part of 'tuning in' healing energies.

But I do believe there are 'negative' energies to balance the 'positive', whether they are always detrimental is another question!

To Duster, I hope your weekend was enjoyable and that you met some interesing people. Nothing like a dowsing weekend for that!! I envy you, as recovering from surgery, it will be some time before I can get out and about again and no amount of protection seems to relieve me of pain at present!!!

To ocd - Why beware of the moon?
Peace Profound
Dragon