Royston Cave

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Royston Cave

Post by mike »

MANY thanks Helen, I want to visit ASAP, to go when its quiet if I can,the speed I walk will hold everyone up else... :mrgreen: And I want to look for the other cave to its east near the car park, VERY sure something of equal interest is there...
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Merlin »

Helen-Healing wrote: Please remember that the Cave is prone to flooding and is liable to be closed without warning if there has been heavy rain. The Cave can be slippery underfoot; visitors should use the handrail and take every care when entering or leaving the Cave.
Watch your head when leaving as well I managed to bang my in the passageway on the way out!
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Merlin »

Have to say I have found some of the posts on this thread fascinating, not hoping to take this to far off topic, about a mile down the lane from me is a well, I've known of its existence for years but just didn't know where it was. I asked the Estate Manager who I know pretty well about it and he told me its location, mentioned it is a Bell shaped well and years ago used to have winding gear above it.

Also its near the energy line I found that links the Michael and Mary line. If this weather improves I may pop over to Royston again soon.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Just caught up with this thread, and I still have not managed to visit the Caves and dowse around, mind you I cannot walk far and stand for long, so I think a visit is out now, big shame as I believe it could hold many secrets, and another cave to the east interests me.But I can still visit in spirit and enjoy its magic, a photo is worth a thousand words, and with an open heart and mind a great many more when you seek knowledge.