Rollright Stones

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Rollright Stones

Post by mike »

In 1875 a witch was killed by a farm worker in Long Compton stabbing her a number of times with his pitchfork,because he claimed she put her eyes on him, and cast a spell..I just wonder if this was the spirit I woke when I dowsed around the fields and Church there a while ago, perhaps it was ?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hello, I have recently dowsed the Rollright stones and believe the King's Stone is not in it's original location but should be 70m to the west. Do you have any dowsing knowledge of this site?

cheers, shaun
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Shaun wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:59 pm Do you have any dowsing knowledge of this site?
Hi Shaun,

One of the Friends of the Rollrights, who is often on-site as a warden, is Ron Dudley-Smith. He is a BSD member and often provides dowsing instruction at the site. You can see him in action at the stones in this picture (he's the one on the left). He's not on this forum, and I don't have a contact for him, but you could try emailing the Trust to see if they can connect you; alternatively you could email the BSD office.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Some years ago I was standing by the Kings Men, I asked in my head to hug this stone, and the locked gate around the stone opened.
I was both excited and aware people were on the road a short distance away, so I never dared go inside, but I regret that now.
The Witches Tree was next to me at the time, so I always wondered who opened the iron gate. The Witches Tree is long gone now mores the pity.......The Kings Men is right on the local passing forces here, it belongs in my opinion, but I will look tonight on Google Earth to see whats 70 yards west of there, and come back here.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Sorry just remembered the last post I never replied, to the west of the Kings Men is just past the hedge a north to south Ley here, and it’s crossed by the Kings Men east to west Ley, which will produce an energy spike here where the Leys cross, and it is close to the road. I don’t know if this is the force that’s been detected, but I think it would show an influence to anyone dowsing there ??