Bishop's Rule

for matters relating to dowsing for water supplies including wells, boreholes, heat pumps and other services.
Spooks

Bishop's Rule

Post by Spooks »

I am sorry if I am missing the obvious, but I cannot find a detailed explanation of how to use the Bishop's Rule to find water depth. It must be on the forum somewhere, however it has eluded me and apparently the search function. I have found reference to it but no detail. Sorry if I am a dipstick, if I was perhaps I could work it out. Anyway please give guidance o learned ones. Cheers Trevor. :oops:
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Re: Bishop's Rule

Post by Ian Pegler »

The depth of the target can be determined by use of what is known as The Bishop's Rule. Having established the site of the target, the search mode is again adopted and the dowser walks away from the target until the rods again cross. This can be checked by walking away in the opposite direction. The distance from the target to where the rods cross is equal to the depth underground. Obviously there are limits to this technique depending on the nature of the terrain.

More sophisticated dowsing techniques can be learnt and a good place to start is to attend a BSD Foundation Course.

Hope this helps

Ian
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Ian Pegler wrote:
The depth of the target can be determined by use of what is known as The Bishop's Rule. Having established the site of the target, the search mode is again adopted and the dowser walks away from the target until the rods again cross. This can be checked by walking away in the opposite direction. The distance from the target to where the rods cross is equal to the depth underground. Obviously there are limits to this technique depending on the nature of the terrain.

More sophisticated dowsing techniques can be learnt and a good place to start is to attend a BSD Foundation Course.

Hope this helps

Ian
Thanks Ian, I will try that.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

(mod - moved to Water forum - GG)

Creyke's Method is a variation of Bishop's Rule, where a wooden stake is hammered into the centre of the water vein. This produces a circular signal around the stake, the radius of which equates to the depth. Pretty much the same idea, but it means you can walk in any direction and don't have to walk perpendicular to the line.
A variation of this says that you get two circular signals, and the distance between the lines equates to the thickness of the water band.

Named after Major Creyke, an early member of the BSD, who simply called it the 'Point Depth method'.

From the Glossary:

Bishop's Rule

Creyke's Method
Last edited by Grahame on Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added links to Glossary
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

If your intention is to use the water for human consumption than consider asking whether the water you are seeking is potable for human consumption before using the bishops rule.
Arthur
Old Bob

Post by Old Bob »

I have used B.R. as a check, but find I can get close by standing over the water line and think increasing depth (in meters) until the rods cross. first getting the top of the water then going for the bottom. Only thing I can't get is if the water is under any hydro pressure and comes some way up the bore casing.
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

arthur hamlin wrote:If your intention is to use the water for human consumption than consider asking whether the water you are seeking is potable for human consumption before using the bishops rule.
Arthur
I am not intending to use the water for anything especially not human consumption. I suspect it comes from the higher farm land so it's probably full of chemicals. My concern is that it runs or stagnates under the center of my cottage and my main concern is the problems it could cause. It's raining tonight so perhaps I should go and see if the springs flowing in the bottom field. Then again it's dark and this is Lincolnshire so perhaps some other time.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Spooks, are you able to be more specific about your needs here?
There are as you see different ways to achieve answers to your questions.
Of course practise makes purpose or at least some of us have made good progress since starting up as you appear to be doing.
Now Bishop,s Rule is fine if you really wish to establish about depths of water full stop ,but if you are concerned about the posible harm the water energy may have if running or not under you house than all you need to do is to stand next your house either in or out and ask if there is water underneath the house are there harmful energies rising from it to affect the health of humans or other creatures above.
It is possible your source will know nothing and you may get a slow answer or nothing at all or even a wrong answer hence the need to ask whether your source can be relied upon to give you correct answers on the questions raised.
You may know much of this already, if so I apologise, but try dowsing at another time of the day especially in the morning when we are normally more alert.
Arthur
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

arthur hamlin wrote:Spooks, are you able to be more specific about your needs here?
There are as you see different ways to achieve answers to your questions.
Of course practise makes purpose or at least some of us have made good progress since starting up as you appear to be doing.
Now Bishop,s Rule is fine if you really wish to establish about depths of water full stop ,but if you are concerned about the posible harm the water energy may have if running or not under you house than all you need to do is to stand next your house either in or out and ask if there is water underneath the house are there harmful energies rising from it to affect the health of humans or other creatures above.
It is possible your source will know nothing and you may get a slow answer or nothing at all or even a wrong answer hence the need to ask whether your source can be relied upon to give you correct answers on the questions raised.
You may know much of this already, if so I apologise, but try dowsing at another time of the day especially in the morning when we are normally more alert.
Arthur
Thanks Arthur, I will try in the morning, as you guessed I am new to this and stumbled across it by accident looking for a lost water pipe. using rods i get a strong 90 degree in turn, in a narrow line from the well at the front of my house to the spring at the rear. (distance of about a mile). Even on the upper floor the (force?) is strong. My stone built cottage has stood for over 300years on this sit so I don't suppose it is going to brake in half as yet. I wonder if the builders new this and perhaps the kitchen has a well somewhere? I now have a new Cristal pendulum from a shop close to Lincoln castle. I have had it in sea salt for a while so I am hoping for some form of accuracy. The cottage is built from reclaimed (posh for stolen) stone from a 11 century priory that stood close by I am starting to think that interference from this could cause inconsistent answers. Anyway I will have another go thanks for your help. Trevor.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Trevor,
If its any help I have just taken the liberty of dowsing from a distance away and am told that the water is table water energy which is rising up through to first floor and is perfectly okay.
I`m also told that approx 250 years ago a man with anger left his energies in approx 7 or 8 attic rafters which could affect people sleeping below. If willing see what your dowsing says about that. I believe you can clear it using dowsing as the mechanism with words of request to the unseen world.
Arthur
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

arthur hamlin wrote:Hi Trevor,
If its any help I have just taken the liberty of dowsing from a distance away and am told that the water is table water energy which is rising up through to first floor and is perfectly okay.
I`m also told that approx 250 years ago a man with anger left his energies in approx 7 or 8 attic rafters which could affect people sleeping below. If willing see what your dowsing says about that. I believe you can clear it using dowsing as the mechanism with words of request to the unseen world.
Arthur
One of the bedrooms upstairs has a bad feel to it, we never use it sometimes the cat won't go in. I wonder why he was angry? The rest of the house has a very warm, safe, homely atmosphere.
How can I clear it? what words could I use? come to think of it we haven't had the best of luck or health since we moved in over 2 years ago. Nothing big or serious though.
Regards Trevor.
Old Bob

Post by Old Bob »

Trevor, you may have a Ley Line running through your bedroom. I have a friend who's cat wouldn't go in the room till he changed the line by burying quarts in a trench across the line both sides of his house. Depends what the nature of the ground is as to what will spread a L.L. This only dilutes the line over the house, he went to this trouble because of cancer but found the cat responded and would then sleep on there bed. If soil is on the iron side a trench filled with scrap iron does the same thing. Often cattle like to camp on a Ley Line? Hope this helps Cheers Old Bob
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Sorry for the delay in getting back. How much quartz do I need to divert the energy over the house and how do I get some?
griff
Novice
Novice

Post by griff »

Old Bob's advice is sound especially with regard to iron. If this fails, get your electrician to check and identify the earthing arrangements and equipotential bonding in your wiring installation. Driven copper-coated earthing spikes in the vicinity of the trenches connected to the consumer's mains earthing point may appropriately divert bad vibes.