Well found

for matters relating to dowsing for water supplies including wells, boreholes, heat pumps and other services.
Cold Comfort Farm

Well found

Post by Cold Comfort Farm »

Hi All I am new to Dowsing and have found the old well via this method (although its now filled in with rubble).
My question and I have searched for the answer on here, is how to ask questions to the rods and what should I expect the rods to do on a yes or a no.

q1, How deep is the well when its not backfilled
q2, Is there water in the well
q3, Depth of water to top of water
q4 Depth of water to bottom of water. (find depth)

Can this be done remotely or do you have to be at the well?

Many thanks in advance.
CCF
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Well found

Post by simonwheeler »

Try looking at this: as a starting point. . There are probably many posts on this Forum that would answer your questions, but finding them is another matter!
Rods can be used as well as/instead of a pendulum.
You can search the Forum for threads mentioning "Bishop's Rule"...as I did on your behalf, click here for one.

I would start with your question 2....it seems the most basic! Then the others. But remember that the phrasing of the question must be totally unambiguous. (Also, look at postings on protocols such as protection...here's something from another site which you may find useful.)

Finally, it can be done remotely.

Good luck...and have fun doing it!!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Cold Comfort Farm

Thank you for your prompt response and tuition. I agree there is so much on here its finding it.
If I ask a question with the rods and they cross is that a NO, if they move apart a Yes and if nothing happens ?? do I rephrase the question.

I have looked hard for this well for a few years now, I assume when the house feels right it will give its secrets away.

Thanks again.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Check out this post about responses...again, pendulum, rods...same applies. It is good practice to say to your rods something like, "Please show me a "yes"...then "please show me a "no"...and thank them when they do!And ask them (or the pendulum) before you dowse for anything. Sometimes the response changes....but not usually. Different dowsers may have different programmed responses. If nothing happens, ask a different question. Or try later.

For me, rods crossing show me where something is (I'm directly above it), or the answer "yes"; moving apart means "no". My pendulum movements are "yes"- clockwise; "no" anticlockwise. Rods can also point in the direction of something. The important thing is to be very clear what you are asking/dong. Belief & intent are crucial.

Or maybe you could sign up for a BSD Foundation Course! Dowsing is something where you learn by practice...experiential learning. However, it certainly helps to share experiences and to work/learn/practice alongside others.

(By the way...one thing occurs to me: are you 100% certain that it is a well? If it isn't, you will find that the questions you are asking are meaningless. Beware assumptions!)

Simon
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Or maybe you could sign up for a BSD Foundation Course! Dowsing is something where you learn by practice...experiential learning. However, it certainly helps to share experiences and to work/learn/practice alongside others.
Simon has a vital point here...

I think I learnt more on Sunday with two other dowsers, its also nice when you share results and gives a real boost to dowsing confidence!

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Cold Comfort Farm

Thanks for the answers I know there is loads on here and on the internet.
Good idea to ask the rods to help, I just bumbled in and started.
At first I have been asking for an open well until it occurred to me it may have been filled in. I was not quite in the right spot to be honest and spotted a brick in the field which seemed out of place. I was however within 5 strides of it.

It is a well I have exposed it and removed enough rouble to confirm.

Rather than walk down to the well to ask questions is it OK for a novice to ask questions remotely such as depth of well to bottom of bricks etc. or would i get better results being at the well. (its a long walk)

I will add a pic when photobucket is working again.

Regards
CCF
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Sounds like an interesting find CCF.
Very often it is a good idea to try dowsing first thing in the morning when you are more alert.
It is known that when you dowse later in the day tiredness may have crept in causing the accuracy to be less.
May I suggest you dowse from home putting down all the questions and answers you receive than go to the site where the disused well is and dowse again to see if the answers compare.
Its also good to dowse on the other questions you raise. The more you practise the more confidence you should have.
Some Dowsers will use the Bishops Rule to locate depth, but after a time you may develope your own system.
We are like artists that need initial guidance from a good teacher and to be accompanied, but after a time we need to go our own way and to find expression from our inner self and the intelligence that gives us the answers.
I`m sure it would be interesting if you could come back to to tell us what else you find to do with the well site and who the inhabitants were that used it etc.
Good Luck,
Arthur
griff
Novice
Novice

Post by griff »

A word of caution here.. in my own experience.. I have found that old wells filled with rubble and sited near buildings have often been converted to act as soakaways for untreated roofwater and run-off for yards etc. after mains services have been installed. Undesirable contamination of the lower groundwater can occur with deeper wells in such circumstances. :?: 8)
Cold Comfort Farm

The well is a long way from the house in a field. I would get the water tested first but it may be too much bother to dig it out if its deep and besides I dont know if the rubble is to the bottom or created a cavern.
I have a spring which pops out in a pipe but i cant trace it with my rods maybe I am not good enough yet. Anyone fancy a go if your in the Chesterfield area.

That water has been tested and its good quality.

Regards
Old Bob

Post by Old Bob »

Just a thought, if the ground is mainly free of rocks you may be able to put your own bore in by hand beside the old well. We found a primery water site that was impossible to get a drill rig near(shed trees etc) Home made 4 inch bucket welded to pipe extenisons and got down 45 feet, now have a endless supply of beautiful water. Cased it with pvc pipe, cutting slots in the bottom section. The good part is I forgot to tell the gov. The supply is not huge but never changes and this country does get a bit dry at times. Queensland Australia.
Cold Comfort Farm

I live in the peak district and its on rock (lots of it).

If I could find where the people tapped into the spring then I could intercept it on my land and use it to flush toilets and washing around the yard etc. Currently we use rainwater as I can store some 10,000 ltrs in one go.
Just not that good at dowsing.
Cold Comfort Farm

I cant seem to get much sense out of the rods even in the morning. Is it worth investing in a real set of rods or will coat hangers still work (which is what i am using)

Its a little frustrating as I believe I can do this as I have had some good results. I kinda lost it?? Ideas welcome.

Is there anyone in the Chesterfield area who is willing to give me a little time to see what I am doing wrong. I may also book on a course as suggested.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Cold Comfort Farm wrote: Is it worth investing in a real set of rods or will coat hangers still work (which is what i am using)
Remember it's you that is doing the dowsing, the tool is only amplifying your reaction so that you can see it. Coat hangers work just as well as a 'bought' set of rods. However, it is always worth experimenting to see what rods are most comfortable to use - e.g. maybe something a little heavier would be better for you.

But if you're not getting sensible answers, it's more likely that you are not sufficiently 'tuned in' to the site. Spend some time just being aware of the space. Talk to your rods, asking them if they are ready to dowse for you, show you where the water is, what direction to walk in to get to it, and so on. Of course, you're really talking to yourself here, but it all helps to get your left-brain out of the way and get you 'into the zone'.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

...and maybe try a practice dowsing for something that is not so important to you; maybe you have too much "invested" in this to focus without prejudice?

Simon
Cold Comfort Farm

Many thanks for the responses. I will keep trying. Talking to myself is nothing new so I will happily keep trying. As for the invested time I have been looking for the well and this pipe for some 8 years on and off. I sometimes think items will be discovered when they want to be discovered.
I am here for the next 10 - 20 years so I will find it one day. :)