pictograms linked with water energies?

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
BobD
Novice
Novice

Re: Pictograms

Post by BobD »

I was referring to EEL's surprise that the BSD had no guidelines for moving energy pathways. If there is a guideline I'm unaware of it, and I think that either my ignorance of it or its lack of existence may be a good thing. There seem to be quite a few different techniques, and as long as the dowser's intent is good and they pay attention to any guidance received during the process the result should match the intent.
Are you volunteering to be the establishment? 8)
"Develop an infallible technique, then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration." (from a craftsman, but it applies widely)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Are you volunteering to be the establishment? 8)
Oh- and there was I hoping for, maybe, a new conspiracy theory! Whoops. Oh dear.
And, as a devoted iconoclast, you'll never find me too near "The Establishment"!
I think that either my ignorance of it or its lack of existence may be a good thing.
I completely agree!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

Howdy Bob -I kind of agree with ya. Following things to 'the rule' has never been my forte' either.Like healing a physical aliment-theres so many different viepoints and different forms of healing that can be employed to achieve the same , needed change.
I wish that I had'nt started up on about official guidelines now
There is probably a long way for us humans to go before we join together enough of the Multi Dimensional Puzzle pieces and all happy about adhering to MPGM [Ministry of Planetary Grid Maintainence] guidelines.Maybe this could happen in 100 or 4000 years -just need to get this pesky 'End of the World' business out of the way,and then we can all get really stuck in.

luv'n'laughs -EEL.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

BobD wrote: There seem to be quite a few different techniques, and as long as the dowser's intent is good and they pay attention to any guidance received during the process the result should match the intent.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is precisely why there aren't any 'official' guidelines on moving lines - other than asking permission to do so and making sure your intent is for the greatest good of all life-forms affected by the line.
We don't know enough about the nature of energy lines to be issuing guidelines on how to move them. Techniques on working with energy lines are taught in the higher modules of the Earth Energies curriculum, but it's not something I would encourage enthusiastic amateurs to be messing around with.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

I've certainly had nothing but encouragement from the dowsers posting on this forum. But out in the "real world" of religious orthodoxy, here in the northern Midwest of the U.S., opinions can differ greatly. Once, while giving a workshop presentation about Earth Energies (at the Midwest Renewable Energy Association's annual solstice weekend "Energy Fair" in Wisconsin) a dowser (supposedly) stood up in the middle of my talk and told the assembled group of about 200 that none of these pathways should be moved, that Hartmann Grid Lines were good for you, etc. I thanked her for her opinions and moved on with the presentation.

At another energy conference (Iowa Renewable Energy Association), which was held at a Franciscan Retreat Center, they had a large Labyrinth. I though that it would be fun to see if it was sited based on an existing energy flow. It turned out to be perfectly centered on a large Electromagnetic Vortex, with its outer paths stretching just beyond the edges of the vortex. They had brochures about it with testimonies, mainly from children, talking about how people felt safe and calm inside the labyrinth. So I approached their Mother Superior and asked how the spot had been chosen. She spoke of noticing the encircling trees, feeling the calmness there, etc. I asked if she knew that she planted her labyrinth on an EM vortex, that the vortices always occur in pairs, and that she had placed a seating area between some giant oak tree,s directly in the beneficial energy path that connects them. She was excited to find the second vortex in their planted prairie area and to find out that her intuitions were more than verified. Later, besides the workshop I was presenting on basic electrical theory, they had me sit in on a labyrinth workshop and present my findings. One audience member was quite agitated about this and asked the Sister leading the workshop if perhaps I wasn't concerned about being led to what I do by Satan! I'll not soon forget the comment by the Sister, "If the intention is good, and the results are good, why would you even THINK that?" Hard to believe I was getting the endorsement of the Church (or at least some of its "ground forces") :shock: .
"Develop an infallible technique, then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration." (from a craftsman, but it applies widely)
BobD
Novice
Novice

Re: pictograms linked with water energies?

Post by BobD »

I just noticed this post and checked my list of energy patterns to see which might be associated with underground flows of water. Most of the patterned energies I work with are linear planes or combinations of them (either detailed descriptions or drawings of the terms in parenthesis can be found on my web page: http://www.geopathfinder.com/9442). Others have a spiral form ("Spring Spiral")but are not what I would call a "pictogram". The few ("4-Petal Tube", "Negative/Positive Bull's-Eye Pattern", "Triple Vortex", "Negative/Positive 4-Spiral Bull's-Eye", "Eight-Petal Tube", "Spiral Tube Complex", "3-Spiral Tube", and "Triple Spiral")that have either harmful or beneficial energies for humans do not seem to be associated with water, except in cases where veins of water are parallel, numerous, and frequent, making their intersection with water veins unavoidable. There may be more patterns with no appreciable geopathic or beneficial effects that are indeed water related, but I mainly focus on those with health/wellness effects. That's all I have for now.
duster

Post by duster »

Hello Bob, nice to hear from you, sychron city here...I was reading your website when your post here arrived but I couldn't reply immediately.
Anyways, your investigations are years ahead of mine though I'm not at all surprised by the increasing complexity and variety of earth energy patterns being found. I appreciate how many hours of field-walking and precise recording you've done. And may I say - without offence to any of the hard-working BSD glossary committee who have settled on the term geoglyph as preferrred to pictogram or manifestation - I like the direct simplicity of calling them patterns. Geoglyph to my mind relates more to 2-dimensional imagery than 3 (or more), and glyph in current useage is often associated with symbolic meaning, or the 'signature' of a thing.
Well, I'm still at the stage of having to remind myself to dowse the whole pattern as I'm usually concerned more with the wider landscape so that's why I tend to race off looking for any similar or related earth energies. The petalled-patterns were on water lines being used by badgers and though the land-owner didn't know about the badgers using them he could confirm the water band.
However, I intuited that the petalled patterns I'm talking about were only the 'footprint' of something like a pine cone, either the same number repeated and rotated slightly on vertical planes or more likely an increasing or decreasing number - either of which now I think about it would follow a vortex form.
There must be a computer programme that transforms the 2-d patterns we trace on the ground into 3-d! We'd still have to dowse answers to the patterning above head height of course.
One thing that concerns me greatly is the tendency to find what we have been led to expect by dowsers before us. If folk are told that an earth energy pattern has a certain footprint that that is what the seeking brain gets imprinted with and we know how that can create its own manifestation. But there must be general agreement on some patterns. Mustn't there?
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

I started learning computer programming (as an engineering student) back in 1971 and from what I learned then I would say that it would take WAY more time to write the software than it takes to settle down on a site and try to come up with appropriate questions. I love to explore new phenomena; the excitement of the chase and all that. But once I find something I also love to really dig down into it. Part of what makes that easier for me is the use of a Y-rod instead of L-rods. I can easily turn my arm positions 90 degrees to check out the horizontal layers of an energy pattern, figuring out if there are changes as I move upward or downward, finding the direction of flows within a vortex, etc. And the Y-rod is really quick to use and precise, great for finding fine detail. But no tool seems quite as useful as the selectivity, sensitivity, and logical question formulation of a fully in-the-moment, curious human brain-body connection. All of this typing just makes me want to get outside and dowse some more!
duster

Post by duster »

Ah yes, the excitement of the chase and curious connections. The stuff of life.
Coincidentally, I spent the afternoon talking to a young dowsing novice, demonstrating my kit and explaining I'd only recently stated using a Y rod because previously they had all been too physically difficult for me to handle easily (I have weak wrists and problematic thumb joints). I hadn't appreciated that you could follow detail with one so now I'm itching to get out and see what I can do with practice using my new lightly sprung, beautifully balanced Y rod (available from all good BSD shops everywhere). I can't quite imagine how you move your arms 90 degrees while holding the rod...
Not dismissing your computing experience but software since 70s surely moved on? What do architects use these days, and those amazing graphics on documentaries about quantum physics for example?
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

To check within horizontal planes I just turn my arms so that one wrist (usually my right one) is above the other (my left). I then sweep the rod either upward or downward to intersect the chosen "target". The rod still jerks "downward" (actually, to my right, in this orientation) when I encounter what I'm seeking. If I hold the rod "thumbs-up" I have to reset the rod each time it "fires", but it's easier for me to hold it that way. If I hold the rod "thumbs-down" it will pull in the same direction but it often resets itself after passing the plane of what I'm checking. Very spooky! I learned that from an article about dowsers in Switzerland (I'm of Swiss and German descent).

And yes, I would love some easy-to-use graphics software that didn't require another tech-school degree, another income source, and hundreds of hours of practice to master. Learning a new program is like learning another language, not easy at my age! It would be great to be able to better illustrate what I can "see" using the Y-rod.

I don't have weak wrists but I do have one thumb, which was broken in a bicycling accident, that remains far from straight. Still, I was out dowsing the day after I broke it, just very carefully and with little thumb pressure!
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

I just re-read the last posting I did and realized that I meant "palms-up" where I wrote "thumbs-up", etc.
Does anyone else out there use "palms-down" position with a Y-rod? I find it interesting since many claim dowsing is just an amplified muscle twitch. I guess that means doing it this way involves at least 2 muscles, since the rod usually returns to a neutral position after passing the selected "target"! In either case, getting different "twitches" from differing questions sort of puts the brakes on that theory, unless it involves the muscles in my vocal cords or the very quiet muscles in my head as I just think the questions.
So Duster, did you see what I meant when referring to dowsing horizontal planes or do I need to do a YouTube video? Probably should anyway>
duster

Post by duster »

Sorry to report Rob that I've been using up my thumbs pruning the garden instead of dowsing and now just turning a small key in a lock made me yelp so the new Y rod is still waiting for action. I did imagine that thumbs up was palm up which is the only way I've ever held a Y rod. Your descriptions are clear, now I can think of 'down' also being 'right', but seeing is so much more - You Tube needs you! Yes, do a video. Or two or three...
I feel any muscle twitching is simply conveying the information sought via the power of higher thought contacting the 'out-there' information matrix, whether we use tools or dowse devicelessly. I can feel energies though my hands and feet but need a tool to find detail. Different twitches from different questions just the body being helpful. Except for the unhelpful twitching spasms when holding a rod too long!
angela