Stuartfield Gun - discovered by dowsing

for Archaeology news reports and discussions.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Stuartfield Gun - discovered by dowsing

Post by Ian Pegler »

from the BBC...
Wartime Stuartfield Gun found in Aberdeenshire quarry

A missing piece of Scottish history has been found buried in an old Aberdeenshire quarry.

Volunteers have been searching for the infamous Stuartfield Gun in the hope of restoring it for posterity.

They have now discovered the German World War I weapon, but say that it is too dangerous to remove it from the quarry.
CLICK HERE for the video report.

Does anyone recognise the dowser?

Ian
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Stuartfield Gun - discovered by dowsing

Post by simonwheeler »

This is Allan Brownie and his crew from B A Stores near Dunecht. We met him (Grahame Gardner and Susan Collins, Jacquie Dohrn and me) last week when doing a "Gardner special" tour.
We have lots of pictures of them but had no idea they'd got themselves onto TV. I shall move some pictures from Facebook to a website which will allow me to link back to here so that all can see them.
Allan wants to be the next "Time Team" set up. Their next project is to dig up a Bugatti car that they dowsed for in a peat bog. Anybody reading this who ever goes towards Aberdeen, I thoroughly recommend a visit to the store to meet Allan. His enthusiasm is amazing and he has the real "dowsing spirit". He also has a Chinese healing singing bowl amidst the horse feed, budgie feed, giant spanners, ride-on grass mowers etc. that are scattered across his store. Lovely man; lovely place.
Photos will follow......
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Click on thumbnails for fuller size pictures....and click on your browser's "Back" button or arrow to get back here ready to view the next one; otherwise Imageshack might not work for you.

I show Allan my aurameter while Susan tries Allan's copper rods

A poster sized photo of the Dowsing Group that Allan showed us

Susan makes the bowl sing

Some Orbs in B A Stores' Santa Grotto room as it is being prepared for Christmas

Graham enjoys playing with Allan's rods.

Graham chats with Allan- who gifts Graham one of their Group hard hats.

Graham makes the bowl sing (you can see the water vibrating in the bowl)

Allan and the group's truck.

The group logo.

They have their own JCB....complete with Logo.

Photos taken by Graham Gardner and Susan Collins and hosted on Imageshack

Simon
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Gosh - I'm very impressed with all those pics, Simon! It's all happening in NE Scotland! :mrgreen: (that's green with envy!)

Also impressed that the Scots take dowsing so seriously - Allan's setup must have cost a bomb!!
I wonder exactly why they found the gun but couldn't remove it?

I'm fascinated with the Chinese singing bowl as well - I'd love to know how you make it sing!? I've never seen one with handles before.

8)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Allan and his crew are able to access the vehicles because of the farming/land contractor connections within the group. But yes...I think we were all very envious! But what was at least as impressive was the complete professional approach....which leads on to why they reburied the gun.
Allan told us that once they had found the gun and uncovered it they dowsed it again- and realised that it was not supposed to come out...for whatever reason(s). So they respected the answer- even though the original idea had been to put it on show for educational reasons. They also made up 4 special spades which they engraved. One they buried with the gun for the faeries; one they gave to the laird; one to the farmer who worked the land (we think!) and one for the group themselves. I suspect Graham might have all, some, most (??) of this on his recording device and it will eventually be available on a podcast. But we visited 7 sites in the one day (plus Clava Cairns, Findhorn and an evening meeting the day before) so the poor man has many many hours of editing ahead. No wonder he's taking a holiday!!

The singing bowl hums as you rub the palms of your hands - along the part where your lifeline is and up to the wrist- in opposite directions across the handles, having first made your hands slightly wet. Then the water starts to vibrate and form patterns, sometimes even splashing up from the surface like inverted rain.

Links here and here and also here from my Facebook page
I know not all on here have a Facebook account- and I never understand why Facebook say that these photos can be made public through the links they give. However, here they are just in case!! Many more photos of those 2 days....

Simon
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Thank you, Simon. :mrgreen: Another enviously green face!
Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle »

Is the reason for the very large L Rods to give more stablility in windy conditions whilst walking across uneven ground? I'm just a beginner so please excuse me if it is a daft question.
Keep it simple.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

The main reason is that he prefers them that size!
Grahame may have him talking about it on a future podcast, but I think Allan said he found the larger rods to be more sensitive for him.
However, I think it probably inappropriate to draw any general conclusions from this!!
(For example, it would be speculative...but plausible [?] to suggest that Allan and his colleagues are happy working with large machinery...so large rods are a natural way of working for him. And, again, it is possible that he finds they work better in windy conditions).

I have three pairs of L rods- all different sizes, as well as several pendulum, a V rod and an aurameter....no particular sense to it...sometimes I just prefer to use one rather than another. It depends upon the feeling at the time & place. Sometimes use no device at all.

It's not " a daft question"! We all have to find what suits us best- and that can only be done through trial and (usually much...)...error. Back to the fact that learning dowsing is experiential...practice, practice, practice....

Simon
Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle »

simonwheeler wrote:The main reason is that he prefers them that size!
Grahame may have him talking about it on a future podcast, but I think Allan said he found the larger rods to be more sensitive for him.
However, I think it probably inappropriate to draw any general conclusions from this!!
(For example, it would be speculative...but plausible [?] to suggest that Allan and his colleagues are happy working with large machinery...so large rods are a natural way of working for him. And, again, it is possible that he finds they work better in windy conditions).

I have three pairs of L rods- all different sizes, as well as several pendulum, a V rod and an aurameter....no particular sense to it...sometimes I just prefer to use one rather than another. It depends upon the feeling at the time & place. Sometimes use no device at all.

It's not " a daft question"! We all have to find what suits us best- and that can only be done through trial and (usually much...)...error. Back to the fact that learning dowsing is experiential...practice, practice, practice....
Simon,

Many thanks for your response - most helpful.
Keep it simple.
Davie

Post by Davie »

I stay pretty close to Stuartfield so was well impressed by this story which Simon had highlighted to me.

I have been in contact with Allan Brownie and have just to find a suitable time to go and meet him but from my chat I had with him I can echo Simon's positive comments.

Davie
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I just came across this picture from one of Alan's earlier Xmas extravaganzas:

That's a full-size tractor in there! :mrgreen:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.