Sleep for the health

For matters relating to dowsing for health and wellbeing
Caprio

Sleep for the health

Post by Caprio »

Hello everyone.I am new member of this forum>i want to ask a question.Tell me how much sleep is essential for a good health? I sleep 5 hours in a day.Is it good for me? Share with me your ideas about my tips.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Sleep for the health

Post by Grahame »

Hello Caprio, and welcome to the forum.

I don't know if there is a single answer to your question; I think it depends on the individual and other factors that are happening in your life, so your requirements for sleep vary. Some people are perfectly happy with only 5 hours a night. When I was younger I could get away with 6 hours a night but always preferred to have 8; now that I'm older I try to get 9 hours a night but don't sleep as well as I used to, so I often wake up feeling like I could use another hour in bed. Or perhaps that's just laziness... :lol:

I think quality of sleep is more important than quantity. If you are sleeping well throughout the night then 5 hours is probably fine. If you're a bit of a restless sleeper, for whatever reason, then you probably need more.

Have you tried dowsing to see how many hours would be best for you?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Christopher

Re: Sleep for the helth

Post by Christopher »

For the past two weeks I've been having to get up at 5:30 am for high school, but that's not it.. I'd always be busy with a shitload of homework (hate honors classes) and have stay up until 12 or maybe even 1 AM in the morning... So I usually only get 4 hours a sleep a day... It just feels like I never have enough time to sleep, because I'm always busy.. I slept over at my friends yesterday, and again only got 4 hours of sleep.. but I'll only have a couple of hours tonight too! and the weekend flies by soo quickly.. What are some tips of getting more sleep? I caught a cold and I don't feel like myself. I'm always so drowsy, and can't ever pay attention. I even noticed how I lost A LOT of weight.. I'm down to 105 pounds and I'm 5'7 and bags are starting to form under my eyes and wont go away! What are some ideas to cure this problem?
Signature deleted - please do not post product links in your signature
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Chris;

There are plenty of common-sense ideas that you can try before even starting to think about whether it's a dowsing-related problem. Disruption of the body's circadian rhythm through over-stimulation of the senses late at night is a primary cause. Do you stay up late on the computer? Or watching television? The brain needs time to 'wind down' before going to sleep, and if you are feeding it stimuli like computer games or movies right up until you go to bed, it will have trouble shutting down. Even the light from staring at a computer screen will be too much. There is a free bit of software you can download called f.lux that makes your monitor adapt its light output according to the time of day - give it a try and see if that helps.

The next thing I would consider would be to look at any technopathic stress issues. Do you keep your mobile phone switched on next to the bed at night? Do you have a cordless telephone or wi-fi in the house? Is there a games console in your bedroom? All these things are emitting pulsed microwave radiation that will affect your sleep patterns. Switch them off at night and see if you notice a difference.

You might want to also consider buying an earthing sheet. The body can build up a charge of electricity during the day, largely because of our use of synthetic fabrics these days - if you've ever had a static shock when touching a metal object you'll know about this - and sleeping earthed brings the body back to the natural potential of the earth. Many athletes are using them these days as they find it reduces inflammation and muscular aches and pains, and also speeds up healing time from bruises and grazes etc. Improved sleep patterns are another benefit. There's a book on earthing that's worth a read for more information, and you can get it from the BSD shop if you drop them an email.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
white33

Post by white33 »

Caprio wrote:Hello everyone.I am new member of this forum>i want to ask a question.Tell me how much sleep is essential for a good health? I sleep 5 hours in a day.Is it good for me? Share with me your ideas about my tips.
Welcome you Caprio... I guess that 8 hrs per a night is the perfect no. for sleeping. Besides,I am totally agree with Grahame Gardner. It doesnt matter how much you sleep, how you and when you sleep is the most important thing because that is what happens to me. Once I get a nap even for 1 hr continuously, i dont feel sleepy any more. So make sure to go to bed early after a cup of green tea, and never go to bed when you are stressed out. So you can sleep comfortably, and trust me, even 4 hrs will be enough
Dani