L Rod responses

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Mick

Re: L Rod responses

Post by Mick »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:
Nick : Twice when showing people how to find water sources I had a strong feeling where water would be before I even started using the rods. On both occasions when I asked the rods to show the way they confirmed what my gut instinct had already told me.

Me: now that would suggest to me that you had been a Water dowser in several past lives……………38 in fact.

Update !

I don't know about past lives, but it would be nice to know this life is not the end. :)

On thinking about things that have happened to me in the past, I think I might have been semi dowsing long ago but did not realize it.

In the how did you discover dowsing thread I wrote this......

"I discovered dowsing years ago when I lived in Aberdeenshire. I got a dowser to find a well for me. He used a forked hazel stick. It was entertaining watching him dowse, he would do a little dance while he was fighting with the stick which would the hit him in the chest with real force. For some reason it worked back to front with him, but it worked really well. I asked to have a go with the stick, and he reluctantly let me try it but with strict instructions not the break it. It did nothing for me whatsoever. I could not do it then but I can do it now, so it must be something that can be acquired. I think I know how I acquired it but am not going to say right now as you will probably think I have totally lost it."

Although it was an amusing experience to watch the old bloke do his highland fling, I was not really that impressed. He did find water, but he found it almost exactly where I would have dug the well had I not been told about him. It seemed the obvious place to dig the well. He did however talk of another dowser in the area who he said was no good, as he just walked up and down till he came across water, whereas he got a feeling for where it was. He did walk straight to it, but so did I, and I was not a dowser :lol:

On another occasion I dug a well in Normandy where I lived at the time. There were visual surface clues that there might be water there, and I had a strong suspicion that there would be. I got a bloke with a digger to dig a hole, and about eight feet down he struck water, so much water in fact that it kept pushing one side of the hole down into the hole he was digging. It was quite a job to clean out all the water and mud out so that I could instal the well rings. I had to hire two pumps to handle the flow. For a while after people kept asking me how I knew there was water there, I just told them that it looked like there would be, I never really thought anything of it. Now if I had found the water with dowsing rods, I would have been pleased as punch. :P
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Nick: I don't know about past lives, but it would be nice to know this life is not the end.

Me: No it aint, but it may nor be what you expect. It would seem, from your post, that you have a considerable natural affinity with underground water. You may like to consider posting to the water dowsing part of the Forum. Have you tried using your arm instead of a rod to find water ? I am jut about to map dowse the site of a well, from an aerial photo, in the garden of an old cottage in West Devon.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Mick

Post by Mick »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:Nick: I don't know about past lives, but it would be nice to know this life is not the end.

Me: No it aint, but it may nor be what you expect. It would seem, from your post, that you have a considerable natural affinity with underground water. You may like to consider posting to the water dowsing part of the Forum. Have you tried using your arm instead of a rod to find water ? I am jut about to map dowse the site of a well, from an aerial photo, in the garden of an old cottage in West Devon.
Geoff, I know it sounds similar to Nick, but my name is Mick, whereas Nick is just a Nick name :mrgreen:

I have always been attracted to water, I kept falling in it when I was a kid. I fell off the harbour wall at St Ives while on holiday two years running.

I would not know where to start using my arm to dowse.

I will check out the water dowsing forum. Water dowsing seems rather basic, once you know how to find it where do you go from there ?

Good luck with your map dowsing !
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Mick: I know it sounds similar to Nick, but my name is Mick, whereas Nick is just a Nick name

Me: Whoops ! Apologies. My sight is not good.

Mick: I have always been attracted to water, I kept falling in it when I was a kid. I fell off the harbour wall at St Ives while on holiday two years running.

Me. I know that harbour wall very well. I trust the tide was in when you fell.

Mick: I would not know where to start using my arm to dowse.

Me: Try telling your arm to find water for you. If you want to find an underground stream, hold your arm out as you would a rod and when you come to the stream, your arm should act as a rod would by turning 90 degrees in the direction of the water flow when you reach it and turn back to point ahead when you reach the other side of the stream. I am told one can get a Yes or No response using your arm but have never tried that.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Mick

Post by Mick »

I tried the arm thing but it does not work. The only thing that works for me are the rods.