Treasure-hunting dowsers rebuffed by council

for Archaeology news reports and discussions.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Treasure-hunting dowsers rebuffed by council

Post by Grahame »

Treasure-hunting dowsers refused permission to dig on beach:
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/l ... 49460.html
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Treasure-hunting dowsers rebuffed by council

Post by mike »

I would say these chaps are on a winner, dowsing the beach area I find Gold /Emeralds/Silver, in one small area of the coast,quick where is my passport. :lol: :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I imagine down the years the entire coast of Florida would have had the odd Spanish sunken ships there, with all that treasure being shipped to Spain a lot of the ships would have been sunk during gales that can be strong in this area.A look along the coast would Im sure pin point many places to go diving or walking the beach after storms to see whats been disturbed in the sands...Have another look when I get a moment,not that Im in a position to go swimming and looking for treasure just now, ALL I can do to walk down the garden to take pictures looking for aliens/critters. :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

With the huge storms all down the east coast of Florida in the last week Im sure lots of things have been washed ashore from the wrecks and will be just waiting to be picked up now, anyone going on holiday soon, you could do no better than to check the beach out for coins and diamonds and rubies rough cut.They look like beach pebbles so look careful folks, a few of them and the house where you are staying COULD be your home. 8)
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I find the use of the word technology here rather odd.
Definition of technology: the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes.
:|
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I live in the middle of the country and wonder if I was born in the US instead, would I head inland for the Gold Mines or to Florida for the Spanish Gold coins and riches, questions questions questions. The US has so much on offer, you would just not know which way to turn, plus oil fields to find,diamonds in Alaska,gold in the rivers of Oregon,and streams of British Columbia, NO time to CATCH THE RAYS. :mrgreen: