Geodetic Rod

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Geodetic Rod

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Has anyone reproduced Underwood's Geodetic Rod as illustrated on p30 of The Patterns of the Past? Or has it been superseded by 'modern technology'? 8)
Apparently he found it more precise and sensitive than the Oasis Rod and I wonder if it's been used for finding energies other than geodetic.
Paul Collett

Re: Geodetic Rod

Post by Paul Collett »

I found one on e-bay a couple of years ago, so I bought it.
I tried it several times and could get it to work for buried services although it wasn't as sensitive as L rods , Y rods or an aurameter.I recall that the instructions said that the link should flip three times for water but I only had it flip once each time .I didn't find it much use for energy lines etc.
Paul Collett
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I thought we'd had another post on the geodetic rod, but I can't find it at present...

I know the BSD has quite a few of them in the archives. Guy thought that it was the ideal rod for beginners to use and planned on selling them commercially; sadly others found it a very quirky device indeed and it didn't sell well at all. I've tried it and didn't get on with it at all. Give me an aurameter any day!
I know Ian Pegler has done some experimentation with both the Geodetic and the Oasis rods, as discussed here.

Over to you, Ian?
Last edited by Grahame on Mon May 10, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken link
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Guy Underwood got a metal-worker to manufacture loads of these. A trunk-load of them turned up in Devizes some years ago. I've tried one of those 1950's ones, but I preferred the one I made for myself. I don't use it much these days though. I had a photo of mine in one of my articles but I no longer have the website on which I hosted it. I can email you the article if you like.

Ian
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Thanks everyone.

I'm collecting bits with the intention of making a Geodetic Rod based on what I can glean from Underwood's diagram so any hints on construction will be immensely useful to me.

I was initially struck by the 'tremors' Underwood detected, and dowsed how they were generated. Apparently they didn't come through Underwood but by some sort of 'resonance' with the surrounding energy field. I was surprised to find that this energy is magnetic in nature which opens the door to its detection by instrumentation. The optimum dimensions I dowsed, particularly wire diameter, is not what I expected, so I need to check if I can reproduce the phenomenon before proceeding further.

I'm well aware that neglect of apparently insignificant detail in the construction of something like this can lead to apparent failure, but I'm keen to avoid as much Edison-esque experimentation as I can.

Paul, if the wire link was under tension as Underwood describes, I don't understand how it can 'flip'.

Ian, I'd appreciate any information you can send me on your device.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Hi Lyndon

I have now emailed you a couple of articles.

Ian
Paul Collett

Post by Paul Collett »

Lyndon,

According to Underwood's instruction leaflet, the link should be under compression not under tension. He says to press strongly on the link with the flexible rod, keeping the link balanced on the handle.On crossing water the point on the link connected to the flexible wire should dip three times.

Does that help ?
Paul Collett
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Ian, excellent article, thank you.

Paul, thank you: had I not misread Underwood's description I would have realised he had constructed a rotational device (if that's the right term). However, when I dowsed if my 'erroneous' understanding was correct, I got a positive indication. Its Underwood's 'tremors' I intend to investigate, be the device under pressure or tension.

Will report any progress in my investigations. May not be for some time as the only tremors I'm likely to detect this time of year will be my own shivering.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I'm bumping this thread as I recently came into possession of a geodetic rod and thought it would be useful to post a picture of the beast.
This is the 'basic' production model - the posh version has a wooden handle that looks like a screwdriver handle (in fact the prototype actually WAS a screwdriver!)

I've also scanned in the instruction leaflet as a PDF, which you can download here.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.