INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Grahame »

Welcome, Luke! Always glad to have international dowsers on the forum. Things are a bit quiet at the moment, but there's plenty of archive material to keep you busy. Be sure to check out the main site too, lots of great info on there.

When you are ready, just jump right in and start a topic or ask a question in the appropriate area of the forum. I look forward to hearing more about your dowsing experiences!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
DavinDevon

Post by DavinDevon »

Hi and thanks for the ad, I'm Davin in South west Devon.
Been dowsing with rods and pendulum for a good few years now but obviously still learning, looking forward to exploring the forums.... :D
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Welcome. Good to have "new blood" here! I believe there is quite an active dowsing community in Devon- possibly based around Tavistock.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
DowsingWiz

Post by DowsingWiz »

Greetings! Hello to all.
Last edited by DowsingWiz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"God does not play dice with the Universe." Albert Einstein
GarlicFairy

Post by GarlicFairy »

Hello to All!

I am new to this forum and happy to be here. I have been pendulum dowsing with a quartz & copper pendulum for awhile now and I am generally happy with the results. Lately I have been seeing beech wood and other wood varieties of pendulums and I am considering trying one. Any advice or opinions about wood pendulums vs other types? I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you!
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Welcome to the forum GarlicFairy (and DowsingWiz!).

This is a question that frequently comes up; the short answer is that most of us don't care what the pendulum is made from. There's a thread on it over in the Tools, Tips & Techniques section: Which pendulum - wooden, crystal, metal?

Feel free to continue the conversation. :)

Related thread: Dowsing tools...
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
GarlicFairy

Post by GarlicFairy »

Thank you so much for the thread link! :)
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Hi, all,
My name is Maggie Percy, and my husband Nigel and I currently live in Arizona. We've been dowsing before the turn of the last century. Saying that makes me feel OLD. Ha ha! We met via a dowsing email group (the Digital Dowsers) online in the year 2000, when he was living in the UK and I in AZ. Back then, it wasn't like Facebook is now. You saw a name and that's ALL. I reached out to him because many were not really talking about dowsing in that dowsing group--I'm sure some of you have experienced this in other forums, though obviously, that's not the case here--and we began to talk about dowsing. Pretty quickly, I could tell he was meant to be a big part of my life. Long story short, even though at the time I had no idea of his age, background or marital status, I spoke up and the rest, as they say, is history. I ended up going to the UK to visit him, where we married. So dowsing truly is what brought us together! After we married, we came to AZ to start up our dowsing business.

Our journey together has been a wonderful bunch of experiences that have allowed us to master some applications of dowsing. We love helping people to learn to dowse through our books and website and course, and since opportunities for interaction, especially in person, are becoming more and more limited in the US, I am grateful to have found this forum, where Nigel has been a longtime member (but forgot about it until recently :D ). We used to run online events, but now that we are retired officially, we are looking for other ways to continue to interact with dowsers around the world. I look forward to enjoying the camaraderie here and to learning new things about dowsing applications that are not my forté and to sharing my expertise in dowsing technique, health dowsing, personal growth type dowsing and environmental energy dowsing with anyone who is interested. Thanks for allowing me to join you.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Phi Maggie

Welcome to the Forum. I have a dowser friend in Cottonwood AZ who I have known for several years bu have never net except on FaceTime 😋. I am also interested in Healing so we may have something in common.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Nigel
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Nigel »

I'm the other half of Maggie and Nigel (see earlier post).

I've long been interested in dowsing, starting with the time on a sunny day I heard a voice in my head say the word 'dowsing' just before entering the agricultural museum on the South Downs (can't recall the name now). Wandered around, got to the gift shop at the end and turned a carousel of books and saw a tiny book on dowsing. Bought it, began to practice and that was it... hooked.
At first I used dowsing to identify health issues for people (using a very badly drawn body outline). I was delighted to find out I was accurate in this discipline. The I found out I had a natural bent for 'seeing' unhealthy space and turned to space clearing as a result.
Now I use it as natural everyday tool in all sorts of ways for all sorts of things.
Alway wanted to write and have now begun to do so in greater earnest than ever before and am currently trying to write one novel while also researching a projected series based in the Middle Ages spanning roughly 100 years. (Sheesh! When i see it written down I fell like having a re-think!)
Over here in the US now (see Maggie's post for brief outline) and Robert is your father's brother.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Welcome, Maggie & Nigel. It's great to have dowsers of your experience on the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

PS thanks for the donation - it all helps to keep things going.
Grahame
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Welcome. A quick reading of your various posts here (esp. interests in healing and chemtrails) makes me think you might be interested. in Elizabeth Brown.

https://www.causativediagnosis.com/

On Twitter: @callingthetruth
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Nigel
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Nigel »

Yes, she does what we used to do. I've not heard of her before, however. Presumably because she is in the UK?? Thanks for the link.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Nigel

My dowsing source tells me that one reason why dowsing is slowing down on this planet is because Potential dowsers are not now being reincarnated in anything like the same numbers as before.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Nigel
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Nigel »

Except isn't everyone a potential dowser?