Plains man describes dowsing as 'spiritual matter'

the place to post any media reports about dowsers and dowsing .
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Plains man describes dowsing as 'spiritual matter'

Post by Grahame »

Plains man describes dowsing as a spiritual matter

Leland Keele said his wife, with whom he had four daughters, was annoyed when he’d tell her she was pregnant - before she even knew.

The Blackfoot, Idaho native and resident of Plains for the last 11 years, is a dowser.

Keele said he has been practicing dowsing for 60 years, which is the practice of using a forked stick, rod, pendulum, or similar device to locate underground water, minerals, or other hidden or lost substances, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

Keele said it’s unique ability to sense things others couldn’t allowed him to know when his then-wife Linda was expecting one of their four children.

“She didn’t like it when I’d tell her she was pregnant before she even knew,” Keele said. “I knew she was pregnant with our fourth child, but I didn’t tell her so she could enjoy being the first to tell everyone.”

Dowsing has been a controversial subject of debate for centuries. Scientists generally don’t believe it, but people living in more rural communities still rely on dowsers to help them find good sources of drinkable water...
Click Here for full story.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Plains man describes dowsing as 'spiritual matter'

Post by mike »

In Russia a dowser is respected more, and science does not blank or disregard the thoughts and work dowsers do, just look at Pyramid Power in Russia, they take a dowser much more serious . It needs science in the west to open their eyes, to research claims and the work some dowsers offer every day. If you cannot explain something it does not make it wrong or evil, dowsers need a chance to prove forces are all around unseen but affecting us all.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Plains man describes dowsing as 'spiritual matter'

Post by mike »

Dowsing is a skill and you can get much better at picking all sorts of things up, dowsing stretches the mind to explore many paths, the more you dowse, the better you get. I tried for years open hand dowsing, and it came to me only a short while ago, but I use the trusty L rod plus my new open hand method.
And while using Google Earth for years I now find I can see the forces on each map before me, its exciting and opened up new paths dowsing. You are never able to say you know it all, every dowsing session bring something new and unexpected, so you have to grow with dowsing when your able to expand and learn more.