Moan Here Folks

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Moan Here Folks

Post by mike »

YES thanks Grahame, good advice to be wary, so many scam people about it makes your eyes water. The Government should make all scam calls impossible on the Internet and any caught scamming serve at least 10 years with no early release.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The scandal of PPE and what the Government did to buy and re-stock empty PPE stores across the country is something we all want to know, just what really happened ? SO many good people died without full PPE in those early days of corvid, both in care homes and hospitals and ordinary homes where family tried to nurse those who were sick. WHILE many got rich beyonds their dreams good people died, its a scandal that never should have happened, and we owe it to those hero people who died, nursing those who fell sick. Let no stone remain unturned, let nobody hide behind the old boys club of protection, let the truth be known. WHY did UK firms never got the full PPE specs to start making PPE here in the UK, WHY did the PPE all come from firms in the far east ? At a huge cost to the country I should add here, one French chap who handled the PPE contracts made 21 MILLION bonus, and he is the tip of this ice berg, some made much more while good people died for lack of PPE. The RAF flew from Turkey plane loads of PPE, this still sits in a warehouse as it does not meet NHS standards, its a scandal that needs sorting, lessons HAVE to be learnt. But will any lessons be learnt, just wait till the next virus hits the world stage, and will the country have any stock of PPE AVAILABLE THIS TIME ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Poor Geronimo the Alpaca was put down, and afterwards they found he was clear of TB, WHY did they not test him before he was killed out of hand.
This week another 4 licences have been granted to cull hundreds more Badgers suspected having TB, yet you will not EVER hear how many shot Badgers did in fact have TB, why ???
This Government are a joke, billions spent on masks and gowns and equipment not up to NHS standards and rotting in big warehouses down south, plane loads of PPE flown from Turkey thats never been unpacked. It just goes on and on, we have learnt lessons and changes have been made, how often do you hear that record played over and over each month, on every repeated crisis.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

It seems like a SUIT in Government makes a choice without any specific knowledge or experience, and the country HAS to run with that idea right or wrong regardless. While experts in each field offers advice, its only considered if your in the inner circle, that select group of suits that are very well paid and went to the right University.
Its not what you know but WHO you know, and no comeback when you make a big mess, your big pension is safe brother with us. Toe the line and doff your hat to those above you, and all is well, dont worry if the entire World laughs at your actions, just think of that Golden Handshake on retiring , and walk away from the mess....Rant over, I feel better now, getting that off my chest.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

To wear the mask or not, seems an easy thing to decide, do you want Corvid or not, wear it and it gives some protection, dont wear it and take a chance on dying with corvid...Dont ask the Government to advise you, the right hand dont know what the left hand is doing !! Look at the PPE situation at the start of all this, no PPE for hospitals or care homes, no stock or supply in the country !! :oops:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

AND things just go from bad to worse in the commons, not going to comment, you can all read the papers and watch tv, but it gives you a guide to where your vote goes next time, that’s the only way to show them what you think of them. My mind was made up when they took the free tv license off me, how low can you go, still who knows what’s next, anything is possible it seems.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Yes ANYTHING is possible with this Government, triple lock on pensions for those old people like me who have paid taxes and saved for my old age are now being kicked again. It’s enough you pay for a private pension to help when your old, but the government will then lump this with the national pension and tax you again, what is the point of a private pension and saving for your old age. …Better to not save a penny and pay for no pension, then you can claim everything that’s going, free glasses and teeth and tv license and who knows what else, is it me or is something wrong with the way things work !!! :? :o :?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

It can only happen in the UK, at the chemist your pills come 28 in a blister pack, but it’s NOT a months supply, so what about the 2 or 3 missing every month. They tell you it’s a months supply, but it’s not, only for the month of February in any one year @@,,””***.

The bollards and traffic cones are down the road in two places, and not a workman anywhere, not even the lorry they share for most of the day !!!

Europe is locking down left right and centre, but here in the UK it’s no mask, you are able to share corvid 19 with everyone you fancy.

Cold snap coming and the price of gas just went up, beam me up Scotty, blow the expense, light another candle mother. :D
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Boris has now changed his mind, masks must be worn in public places, better LATE than never Boris, I always say a mask worn has to be better than another lock down, or am I alone thinking this way ? Answers on ten pound notes care of The Donkey Foundation / Donkey Sanctuary :D
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Here in Scotland mask wearing has remained compulsory on public transport, in large indoor venues, and in cafes and restaurants although you can remove when sitting down. I have seen quite a few people ignoring the rules, especially on trains, but I make a point of getting up and moving if they sit next to me.

I wear a mask whenever I go out of the house now that the weather is colder - it keeps your face warm! :)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Well done you Grahame, it really is advised to wear a mask when ever you are happy to wear one, it’s not anti social or anything, just a method to avoid catching or spreading corvid 19, no problem to wear it and help others feel safer and protected.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

So the Uk has the highest recorded number of Omicron suffers, any wonder when they don’t lock down the airports from places where it’s rife, well only after about two weeks like before.
Will Boris have the normal office party this year, after he was caught out last year, when everyone else was on lockdown ??
Another little child killed, but we will learn any lessons, how many times is that record played over and over, but only to fall on deaf ears like so many other times.
Like Police numbers the Social Services are cut to the bone, how can a smaller number of staff deal with increasing heavy number of cases, standards can only suffer, and crimes increase across the country.
While corvid 19 had left the country deep in dept, cuts will need to be made, but don’t let that be the very young or the very old who suffer, share the load across the ages in a fair way, and spread over the country, not just the working class who are made to suffer more.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

So Boris says today those on pension age will now have to pay for NHS medicines, no free tv license and whose who were silly enough to pay for a private pension can whistle for any help till the cows come home….YOU will be old one day Boris, but then you will have your gold plated pension salted away, and a nice heated home and large garden no doubt, and food a plenty . 8-)

uSE YOUR vote people soon, show them suits what you think.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

So the people of Shropshire have kicked out the Tories, use your vote to right the wrongs I say, and not just Shropshire when the time comes. Enough is enough, getting old is bad enough without being kicked in the teeth for good measure, TV license cut, prescription charges coming, and is that just the start I ask…We known the country is deep in debt, but it’s not OUR fault the Government gave blank cheques to a select few to buy PPE, or allowed the BBC to charge over 75 year olds for a tv license, when in most countries it’s free. And who knows what else we will be charged for now, like I said use your vote, show you still have teeth, even if they are now plastic. :mrgreen:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone, if I gave you something to think about this year then it’s good, we are in this all of us, let’s hope we see a better New Year with no knife crime and young lives lost for nothing. Be kind to everyone and wear your mask to keep you and others safe in this new Omicron infection, drive safe and allow old folk to cross the road safe, I am one of those on a walking stick and in wet weather it’s murder outside…Come back next year happy and content, and bless you all.