Dowsing Skill

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Paul Mellor
Beginner
Beginner

Dowsing Skill

Post by Paul Mellor »

I receive various articles from provincial newspapers in the USA and Canada relating to dowsing, mainly relating to well finding and location of graves and lost cemeteries. Most of the articles just relate the findings and just accept the role of dowsers in the rural landscapes,however there have recently been one or two articles that question the art of dowsing.The latest article suggested that a dowser didn't pick up signals or energy from the ground that moved the rods but dowsers were able to look at a landscape and within seconds subconciously weigh up the lie of the land and features and work out where water was likely to be and then move the rod to indicate. This made me laugh as they were dismissing dowsing as a skill yet I think that if indeed a dowser is able to weigh up the land in seconds then this is one hell of a skill . An interesting theory? possibly ,however both my sons were dowsing around the peak district with accuracy aged two and three and a half and I'm pretty sure that they weren't reading the land at that age.
Paul Mellor
Got a few questions
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Dowsing Skill

Post by Got a few questions »

In South Africa, dowsers are mainly employed to find water... Every so often someone would question their abilities and write something nasty. But on the whole, the farming community here still swear by the dowsers. There is even a novel written in Afrikaans by Dalene Matthee about this woman who becomes mayor of the town (pitted against the usual gossips and agents provocateurs) and she comes face to face with the question of finding water. How one guy dowses for water and during the night how the stones indicating where the hole must be made, are moved and the drama and so on. Very briefly summed up.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I often wonder why many Aid Agency that promote clean water in places like Africa and other dry spots, should approach dowsers and groups like BSD to locate and find springs for them in nominated village sites, so its more a question of the people having water close to them to avoid all the walking and fetching every day.I have never looked in native areas for water, but I imagine given they dont have any water at position X, many dowsers could use this known position to have an extended LOOK there in the hope one or more comes up with the same position and depth/amount that would encourage drillers to sink a well ? At the least if enough interested dowsers had a go and got results that might have the Aid Ageny on the ground there to sink a well at that point to give the local village a fresh water supply,and further if it worked well enough this system could be adopted world wide in places where fresh water is at a premium...HAS this method ever been tried, has any dowsers ever approached the World Health people with this thought,might have a go at this,my way to help others less well off than me, costs nothing and could save lifes good people.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

mike wrote:HAS this method ever been tried, has any dowsers ever approached the World Health people with this thought,might have a go at this,my way to help others less well off than me, costs nothing and could save lives good people.
Mike, have you heard about Village Water? This is a charity that was set up by the BSD to do exactly what you describe - bring clean water to remote villages in Africa. Every year since 2003 a team of dowsers has been going out to Western Zambia to find wells and site boreholes for villagers. I did a podcast about their work that you can listen to by clicking here.

The BSD also supports Water For Life, contributing to the work of Brother Kimpton and Reaching the Unreached, who has been tirelessly dowsing and sinking boreholes for villages in remote areas of Southern India for over 20 years. To date he has successfully sited over 1400 boreholes.
The BSD awarded Brother Kimpton the Roy Talbot award (for outstanding achievements in the field of water divining) for the second time at this year's Conference.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Now thats what I call helping others, wonderful idea and the reward must be hard to beat in this day and age, and NO I was not aware of this work and interest the BSD has with finding wells for people the world over...It sometimes takes a stupid question to get the ball rolling, but in this case it seems Im a couple of years behind, never mind, I will come back when I think of another bright idea Grahame. :lol: AND power to the dowsers involved with this great effort, thats putting your skill on the line for the good of others, and finding all those wells in India, whow I would award the chap a Knighthood.
Got a few questions
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Got a few questions »

Very interesting - in South Africa, however, there is a major problem in the area around Johannesburg towards Potchefstroom and the Magaliesburg/Rustenburg because of acid mine water that is being pumped into the streams and seeping into the underground water. If the globe's lights goes off, that area may just glow in the dark ... In the Mpumalanga area, there is a similar problem with unclean water underground and above ground. Water is indeed becoming a very scarce resource in SA.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Got a few questions wrote: Water is indeed becoming a very scarce resource in SA.
And all over the world, gafq! I predict that future wars will be fought over this shrinking commodity, and not over oil as is the case at the moment.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I vouch for that HH, felt the need to refine my water dowsing three years ago when the idea people would fight and kill for the water came to me, and I believe that more so with every passing day.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Some sad news about Brother Kimpton has reached us from the States:
Steve Herbert wrote:More prayers please. Report to Water for Humanity supporters

Dear Fellow members of the WFH Committee and Friends of WFH,

It is with sadness that I pass on this news received this morning regarding Brother James Kimpton of southern India. His health is in very serious decline and his prognosis is bleak. As you know, Brother Kimpton is founder of the organization Reaching the Unreached, operating in the state of Tamil Nadu. He is the first recipient of a grant from the Water for Humanity Fund (then called the Third World Water Fund), and the impetus for its formation in 1991. He and his organization has received a grant from WFH nearly every year since (nearly a quarter of a century!) to develope wells on his dowsed well sites. He is a phenomenal dowser, accomplished artist, and of course, great humantarian.

Your prayers and the sending of Light and Love would be in order at this time that God's Will and his soul's agenda be carried out in perfection at this time.
Blessings, Steve Herbert
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Sadly, we heard that Brother Kimpton passed away in October 2017. But with a record of over 2,400 successfully dowsed wells in a 40-year career, he leaves a fine legacy behind.
Grahame
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I've just learned about another Jesuit dowser who worked in India... Father Donatas Slapsys worked more than six decades among the poor in the western Indian state of Maharashtra. He died in 2010. I don't know whether he was associated with Water For Life?
...most people in Ahmednagar area remember him as a water-diviner as he had helped many to dig wells and borewells.
Full report: HERE.
Grahame