Dowsing in Cornwall - anyone been near Stannon circle?

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Dowsing in Cornwall - anyone been near Stannon circle?

Post by Lorraine »

Hi, a newbie here. I've dowsed off and on for a few years and am beginning to experiment with tracking earth energies. A good few years ago, however, I dowsed Stannon Circle in Cornwall, just to see what I picked up... ;) It was really interesting - got a whole lot of criss-crossing energy lines and a very curious family watching me, lol. The most interesting part, however, came when I drove down the valley a few miles and stopped off at an old settlement some fields away from the circle, which I could see on the horizon.

I have no idea how old the settlement was, but the ruins - walls around two/three feet high - looked like a farm settlement, with three/four substantial buildings clustered around an open area. I wandered around asking to be shown positive or stagnant energies and found that with all of the buildings except one (was a while ago, so my memory on this is foggy) the energy movement I picked up was deflected from the internal structures and central area by the placement of a large stone at each entrance. I then found that a line of energy ran straight from the distant circle toward the settlement through a wide gap in the hedge (probably once a gateway). I followed this wide, substantial energy line as it ran around the settlement and was most surprised to come across a collection of small stones to one side of the main building.

These stones were of a different type to the main structures, about 12 inches high above the earth and arranged in two rows of three, one row of two and one single stone at the head, standing parallel to the wall. The whole arrangement looked relatively 'new' to me, although it had clearly been in situ for a while, being overgrown by grass. The most exciting thing for me, though, was that the wide line of energy I dowsed from Stannon circle curved around the settlement and was almost squeezed into this... battery, for want of a better term, as that is what it appeared to be. The energy ran through the small stones and then, passing the single one, opened out again and surged powerfully ahead to wherever it was headed!

This finding has fascinated me ever since and I have yet to read of anything similar or come across anyone who knows the area. I hope someone here can give me a clue as to what this curious battery/node was about and who might have put it there? I'm going to have a look at online maps to see if I can work out the name of the place...

:)
Lorraine
ocd
Novice
Novice

Re: Dowsing in Cornwall - anyone been near Stannon circle?

Post by ocd »

Hi Lorraine
I have dowsed stannon stone circle on two occasions, unfortunately both of them brief. What you say is very interesting, I have been tracking a line for a while now across cornwall into dartmoor and as far as avebury.
The line is incredibly serpentine and yang in nature, it forms nodes and runs in conjunction with micheal and mary at various places. It covers vast areas of land only to come back and cross itself at a site it's already been to. I have dowsed it at 12 paces wide in places and then flowing into a node point only to flow out at less than a foot wide, and forming a dowsable maze like structure on the ground between two node points.
This pattern varied over a few days, and returned to a less intense shape after a week or so this was in mid-cornwall, I believe this line runs through stannon circle, crossing their with a yin line. My time dowsing their was so brief that I can't be 100% sure, it felt like the same line though, very potent. One of these lines connects to another circle further up the moor above stannon, I'm not sure of the name of the circle, for some reason I didn't write any notes on dowsing there. I'll try and get back there soon and let you know what I find.
A lady I work with also excavated a settlement there quite a few years ago, it was going to be demolished by china clay workings. She said she found an egyptian? or Italian? bronze age bead in one of the houses? I'll ask what else she knows about the place when I see her next.
The settlement she excavated would have been on the left side of the track (northish?) as you approach the circle.

ocd
stay on the path, beware of the moon
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Dowsing in Cornwall - anyone been near Stannon circle?

Post by Lorraine »

Thanks for your reply, OCD. I can't say I picked up as much as you, being a total beginner at the time, lol, but it's certainly interesting. I don't think the settlement I found is the same as your friend's, as the china clay works were not on that side. If memory serves right, the place I found was to the west of the circle, down in the valley and just off a road which curved down that way. I remember looking through the hedge/gate gap up the slopes to the circle and the clay works would be beyond and to the left of the circle at that point. Unfortunately I have no maps of Cornwall to hand to check for names.

Lorraine