Body/Deviceless dowsing

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
niveK

Body/Deviceless dowsing

Post by niveK »

(mod - 2 topics merged and title edited- GG)

I've used body dowsing to do many things. I'd like to hear from any that has also. If so, what kind of experiences have you had in this?

Thank you,

-Kevin.
Remember...
no matter where you go, there you are.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Now, I suspect there might be one of those transatlantic translational problems happening here, as I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the term 'body dowsing'.
Do you mean getting a dowsing reaction without using a dowsing tool, by training some other part of your body to react with a twitch or whatever? If so, that's what we'd call 'deviceless dowsing' in the BSD.
Or are you talking about something else entirely?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
niveK

Deviceless dowsing

Post by niveK »

Yes device dowsing is what I'm talking about. But I have accomplished this in noninstant ways (sort to speak). At least from what I think your talking about. When I completely focuss on a goal (or should I say target?) I would spend a great deal of time in meditating on that goal (the event that I desire to happen for me).
This form of work could take days to weeks for me to accomplish.
For example...
I want to win money on a gambling boat tour that I had been invited on.
I had 3 weeks to prepare for this goal. Most importantly I feel that this event is right for me in proovend various ways. And that I'm not doing all of this to promote greed, hate, lust, invy etc.
So what I'm now doing is visualizing this gambiling trip everday. Imagination is the key to all known & unknown realities. And because I'm preparing for a trip that I've never been on I use my imagination to find the correct things, people & events that I will be involved with. Future sights, smells, tastes, feelings for me are all corrodinated by me for everything that I will be doing on this trip. I also remove any and all known & unknown negative things that could happen to me on that future trip. And through trial & error I have created a future event that would happen for me, very soon. Deviceless dowsing was one of the many things that I was told to use for that trip. I say "told" because my higher self had helped me to discover what I did & did not need for that trip. For thas particular boat gambiling trip I had forgotten to factor in my girlfriend who had lost all of her money before the trip had ended. Everytime I won from a slot machine she would be there to borrow more & more money from me. Neat how those darn slot machines makes all of those wonderful loud noises whenever someone does win from them, yes? I estimated that I had won $300 within 2-3 hrs of playing slots. But came home with about $50. I was however very happy that I could create the whole event anyways.
What amazes me about doing things like this is that all conscious reality itself is nothing but a dream. This doesn't mean that I can do this all of the time here. Free will & will power tends to take me away from my true reality skills and tricks me into living a dream that is not mine. Then again I feel that all of us have been tricked in various ways. But thats what some of us all call life paths of educations. I truely feel that I'm on the right track by joining forums like this one here. Hope that I can learn from any here and maybe they can learn from me also.

Sorry for the long story here. Actually that was the short version :wink:

-Kevin.
Remember...
Donata

Post by Donata »

I use body dowsing when it's more convenient or I want to be less obvious than using a conventional tool. I find it accurate most of the time. It's a fast process for me, question with 'yes' or 'no' answers.

I use the fingers and thumb together,with those of both hands linked, and attempt to pull them apart.
I also use standing and allowing the sway forward or backwards to give me the outcome - this method seems clearer for me.

Donata
niveK

Deviceless dowsing

Post by niveK »

Greeting's,

It's amazing in how some can do what you do with deviceless dowsing.
To me such closeness with the mind & body seems more productive in many ways.

-Kevin.
Remember...
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Deviceless dowsing

Post by Satyr »

How many of you are able to do deviceless dowsing?

I know Arthur does it and as I mentioned in another topic, I have recently discovered I can do it in a small way, by rubbing my thumb and first finger together and getting a response.

In a time when "different" things are looked on with such suspicion, I find that the ability to be able to do deviceless dowsing is very handy, to say the least.
Practice random acts of kindness
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: Deviceless dowsing

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Satyr, If you are interested in deviceless (US) or toolless (UK) dowsing I can send you a copy of an article by Dan Wilson, an ex member of this forum, on that subject, that he published on his web site.

Geoff.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

Geoff, you did already send me something on the subject, but if you have more I will be very glad to get it. Thanks.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Satyr;

I think most people can do deviceless dowsing - if they would but let themselves try it. I think there is too large an emphasis on using the dowsing tool to get your reaction - but all the tool is doing is amplifying the muscle response. It's just a question of 'tuning in' and becoming aware of that muscle response. Deviceless dowsing is certainly taught (or at least demonstrated) in the BSD Foundation Courses.
As beginners get used to their dowsing response, the muscle movements tend to become larger as you get more relaxed and comfortable with the reaction. Many beginners are far too tense and grip the pendulum or rods with a 'death grip'. In many cases you can see their white knuckles!
I certainly use deviceless methods frequently when I'm without my usual tools. I probably use the thumb-and-forefinger trick frequently, most often when I'm driving - "do I need to turn left at this junction?" and so on. Beats satnav any day! 8)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

I find eye blinks most useful except I must remember not to look at anyone when I use 'em.
That sort of thing can be misinterpreted these days :roll: (one eye, not both)

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

Thanks for your response Grahame. I tried various ways of working without tools and I'm going to keep trying to develop others. The reason I decided I really needed to get this right, was when I ate out a while ago and something in the food gave me a migraine (I hadn't had one for 14yrs or so previous to that). Realizing that people would look at myself and my family very strangely if I whip out my pendulum or rods in restaurants and supermarkets and such, I knew I had to be able to do something that wasn't as visable. Once I realized it was a serious need, I discovered I could to the thumb and first finger thing almost immediately, kinda like and "upstairs genie" granted my wish. Luckily for me! Just a note, before this incident, I had tried the same routine and it hadn't worked. "They" really are looking after me for which I am very thankful.
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:I find eye blinks most useful except I must remember not to look at anyone when I use 'em.
That sort of thing can be misinterpreted these days :roll: (one eye, not both)

Geoff
Heheheheh, Geoff, I can just imagine you getting this reputation around town as being "that weird blinking man" hahahahaha
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Well done Satyr. Keep going, keep open minded. You are on the first if not the second rung of the dowsing/spiritual ladder. When you are able to develope further movement you will be able to open up the door on this whole area. The satisfaction increases and you will be able to perceive and gain confidence in many areas that interest you.
I have often believed that the BSD could have a section or group that caters for this.
By the way - is the insulation working around that disturbed planet that was affecting the communicating skills of our bees?. I get that it is about 60/70 feet thick and is still effective.
Today I was netting my strawberry plants in the garden and smelt smoke from a pipe. My guide told me it was the previous owner taking an interest in what I was doing. As I netted more plants his smoke followed me. Previously I smelt his smoke at the bottom of my stairs and earlier his wife who passed on 10 years ago - I could smell her perfume on two separate occasions - also coming to see what I was up to.
Just wondering if you have this ability too.
Arthur
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

arthur hamlin wrote:Just wondering if you have this ability too.
Arthur
I'm not quite sure Arthur. I have on occasion thought I smelt the smell of my fathers (he has passed on) pipe tobacco (there is no one in our family who smokes). Also, on occasion, I have smelt and even heard things that nobody else I ask seems to be able to, but I have never really thought about it in terms of ability. Maybe I should look into it a bit further.
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Dowsing with the body...any takers?

Post by Lorraine »

(mod - topic merged - GG)

I was talking to a dowser a few weeks back and he mentioned using one's own body to dowse with, rather than any external tool, such as a pendulum. I have found I can pick up on energies - especially earth energies - and sometimes am aware of spiralling, waves, pulses etc moving up my body.

It occured to me that I should really be investigating this further and working out what I am actually picking up, so my question is - does anyone here dowse with their body and if so, have you established any parameters which define what you are picking up?

xxx
Lorraine