Body/Deviceless dowsing

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Deviceless dowsing

Post by Grahame »

Lorraine;

I've merged your post into this existing thread on deviceless dowsing. As you can see, there are many bodily signals that can be useful in your dowsing. For example, I fine my feet get tingly when I'm on an energy ley, whereas I feel it more in my stomach over water. There are all sorts of little bodily signals that you can learn to interpret - even blinking!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
griff
Novice
Novice

Post by griff »

When talking and comparing experiences with other dowsers, (many of them more competent than I), I find that we mostly all have learned to recognise certain little bodily discomforts when working with the 'Y' rod for water divining; these reactions are by no means always the same, and are invariably peculiar to individuals. However one common sensation which many diviners feel when approaching a potential water source appears to be a desire to urinate, which disappears when one moves away from the reactive line.
Indeed, one experienced dowser colleague had observed over the years that, when travelling on trains and omnibuses seated passengers more or less simultaneously shuffle uncomfortably, cross or uncross their legs or otherwise adjust their position when the vehicle crosses a bridge over a river or stream. He was of the opinion that these people unwittingly exhibit dowsing capabilities.
And another thing which the same colleague drew to my attention is that the sense of touch in the human fingers is such that we are able to accurately judge the difference in thickness of, say, a cigarette paper and a piece cut from your notebook, and be able to tell the thicker piece when blindfolded. thus demonstrating the amazing sensitivity of the human body.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

griff: when travelling on trains and omnibuses seated passengers more or less simultaneously shuffle uncomfortably, cross or uncross their legs or otherwise adjust their position when the vehicle crosses a bridge over a river or stream. He was of the opinion that these people unwittingly exhibit dowsing capabilities.
Please don't think I'm being facetious...but what about on board ship? How would this "work" then?
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
griff
Novice
Novice

Post by griff »

Maybe they would react to the presence of a submarine spring. :lol: :roll:
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

griff: a submarine spring.
Ah yes...of course..they'd jump up and down while stretching their legs....

(Time for bed, said Zebedee.....) :mrgreen:

Simon
Got a few questions
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Got a few questions »

Interesting comment on the smell of pipe - an old family friend passed on and a number of us could still smell his pipe. About a year later his wife also passed on, and we have none of us had his pipe around again. The mother of a friend of mine used to use baby powder and one night she was in my lounge. i simply acknowledged her presence and my dog for a long time kept looking at the chair in that corner, then eventually settled back to sleeping next to me on the couch. The smell then went away. I was involved for a long time with a guy and after we broke up, I could still smell his aftershave around me often. Eight years later, and we have learnt to live apart, but his smell still sometimes is all around me. And he is still very much alive.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

About a couple of weeks ago before my own strawberries ripened I walked past my fridge and could clearly smell strawberries. Wonderful thing is deviceless dowsing cos I immediately asked my guide - are they strawberries I am smelling to which came the reply `yes`.
I was further told by my guide that a lady who lived in the house before me had put her strawberreies in my fridge for safe keeping.
Later I asked a friend who had known the previous owner whether she liked strawberries, to which she replied yes she did. I thought WOW!
Now I am picking my own with stomach upsets to follow!
Arthur
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

A picture of Leicester Gatacre dowsing for water with his hands- about 100 years ago.

(mod - image link replaced 10/18 - GG)

Simon
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Satyr wrote:How many of you are able to do deviceless dowsing?

I know Arthur does it and as I mentioned in another topic, I have recently discovered I can do it in a small way, by rubbing my thumb and first finger together and getting a response.

In a time when "different" things are looked on with such suspicion, I find that the ability to be able to do deviceless dowsing is very handy, to say the least.
Satyr,

I too sort of deficeless dowseodly i do use a device a imagenary dowsing pendulum that i use in self healingm i have just posted a thread explaing why and how i am able to do so.

I personaly have meet a few able to totaly dowse in this way and as a begginer i look onwards with totaly admiration! :idea:
Bryan a some what Dsylexic travler in time and space.
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

Hi Bryan. I did see your post and read it with great interest. As I use visualisation a lot for other things, I'm going to give the imaginary pendulum a go as well.
Practice random acts of kindness
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Satyr wrote:Hi Bryan. I did see your post and read it with great interest. As I use visualisation a lot for other things, I'm going to give the imaginary pendulum a go as well.
Satyr,

Since posting my thread on self healing and reading your topic thread on devicless dowsing i have tried to visualize my extented arm and relaxed hand is my pendulum, not haveing a lot of succes yet but will continue till perhaps my hand and arm drop off.

Glad to hear that you are going to try to imagine a pendulum, do use a real pendulum to lock on and build a platform for your future pendlumum dowsing without a pendulum.
Donata

Post by Donata »

I've successfully done deviceless dowsing using my thumb and finger, and pulling them apart/trying to do this, and letting my body sway backwards (no) or forwards (yes). I haven't tried visualizing a pendulum! I'll give it a try. It could give more answers than yes and no once I learn to do it. Thanks.

Donata
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Donata wrote:I've successfully done deviceless dowsing using my thumb and finger, and pulling them apart/trying to do this, and letting my body sway backwards (no) or forwards (yes). I haven't tried visualizing a pendulum! I'll give it a try. It could give more answers than yes and no once I learn to do it. Thanks.

Donata
Donna,

Like in all forms in dowsing, it is purely down to self beleif that what you see and feel is true and is valid, thus deviceless pendulum dowsing is just empowering as in basics of pendlum dowsing, you practice till the pendulum follows the direction and flow of your thoughts and commands, the rest is purely up to alone to explore and self descover and command and control.

Good luck with your dowsing!
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Another way is to have your eyes closed and imagine a white fluffy feather descending to earth very slowly.
If it falls to the left it is one answer or to right it is the opposite answer of the `yes` `no` system.
Arthur
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Deviceless Dowsing

Post by Satyr »

(merged: Can anyone detect this way?)
(mod - two topics merged - old topic not relevant as it contained posts from banned user - GG 300910)

Because I am always interested in ways of doing deviceless dowsing and also because I know of water in my own garden, I decided to see if I got any kind of response to the water. I walked accross my garden with my hands at my sides, fingers pointing down and palms towards my body. I found that as I neared where the water was, it felt as if my fingers were tightening (difficult to explain the feeling) and when I was over the water, my fingers started throbbing and did so until I moved away from the water source. A very interesting experiment... I'm looking forward to trying to test it out elsewhere to see if I get the same kind of results, although it will be a bit difficult to prove if I can't find out if there is water where I sense it.
Practice random acts of kindness