INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Rowan-tree

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Rowan-tree »

Hi there new to the forum and also to forums in general so I may be a little slow on the forum uptake :). I live in the far north of scotland with an interest in all things earth energy related, we are surrounded here by masses of ancient sites. Currently wading my way through various books I have gathered on the subject and interested in understanding the earth energies and alignments here in the far north, I'm reading the spine of Albion at the moment which is making for fascinating reading . My interest began quite a few years ago in glasgow when I read david Cowan and ann silks book and I paid a visit to a david cowan with a friend of mine and visited various sites around crieff, it was the most amazing day and I have been hooked since I also read harry bells book glasgows sacred geometry which sadly has disappeared from my collection.
I dont have much experience of dowsing working mainly on connecting with the ancient landscape around me by feel but plan to begin my dowsing journey - I have been reading and working through some of grahames great links and information and if time would allow attend his workshop at some point- it's become a bit of quest that I spend most of my free time on at the moment and i would love to map and dowse the ancient sites around us here - anyhow just popping on to say hi and introduce myself
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Rowan, and welcome.
Yes, not much activity on forums these days, they have become more niche since the advent of Facepalm, Witter and the like. But it's still easier to have a conversation on a forum than other platforms.
My next course is on 4/5 June if you can spare a weekend 'down south'?
And you will also be interested to learn that I am now the official curator of Glasgow's Secret Geometry and Harry Bell's work and will be republishing it in some form in the future. Meantime, you can check out the new Glasgow's Secret Geometry website, which is a work in progress but currently contains all Harry's old website material.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Rowan-tree

Post by Rowan-tree »

I saw that you had another course date grahame, ive spent past week recovering from the covid so just getting back into life now - I will give dates some consideration, we keep pretty busy up here with renovations and I have a busy client base for my counselling but looking at 4th and 5th its weekend so maybe possible - will get back to you.
Delighted to hear you are revising harry bells work, it is very difficult to get hold of and expensive for second hand copies - I wait with anticipation 😀. My earth energy interest began in glasgow and I spent many an hour looking at sites accross the Kilpatrick hills and aligning with a ruler anything that seemed significant and many a day trudging the hills above bowling looking for an elusive cup and ring mark stone- perhaps I'd have been more successful if I'd dowsed for it 😁 more recently I ended up coming across information about the druids temple at north drumry where I grew up then discovered there had been one just above john brown's in clydebank I think the discovery of these sites have been instrumental on reawakening my interest in aligning ancient sites - fascinating stuff
Tegan N

Post by Tegan N »

Hi, I'm Tegan, in northern NSW (Australia) -
I'm going to re-introduce myself, as I've found this forum again after years of doing other things...and having developed on from where I was when I posted back in 2009. At that time Grahame very helpfully checked some testing results for me :-)
(Thanks again Grahame!) And others made helpful comments too.

As I intimated back then, I really use kineaseology in a coning setup, asking yes or no questions, rather than pendulum dowsing.
It's very similar, I'm using the thumb to little finger on the non-dominant hand, and testing fingers on dominant hand as per Perelandra technique. You're still asking yes/no questions, but the nature intelligence you connect with is imprinting your electrical system with a yes/no response which is picked up with the circuit made with your hands.

However, as an extension of this when working on land areas, I have also used copper L-Rods.

I've got a background (living in NSW, Australia) in native landscape restoration and gardening, so I use these tools in that capacity, but geopathic processes are part of all that also, as much as testing with nature to know what shape/size/location/plant makeup a garden or site should have.

At the moment I'm looking to use the L-Rods again to locate some things relative to nearby power spots, any lines/spots / geopathic features on the land where I'm living, and also some lost car keys lol!

After years of using the Perelandra processes, I'm actually a bit skeptical of just using a pendulum to ask questions that aren't about either my own health/wellbeing, or land I manage/own/rent. I'm used to connecting with nature (ie the Deva/Nature Spirit level) for a place within a coning before testing for answers; my training with this is if you just kineasology test unconnected you can only get accurate answers for questions your body holds the answer to.
So when I watch or read content by (for exapmle) Rory Duff and others who hold that the 'superconscious' or 'subconscious' holds the information that they're using rods to tap into; my understanding is that their own bodies are just giving them answers that they themselves think are most likely.
In my training/experience, you have to actually be connected with the nature intelligence (beyond your own self) that holds the answer to your question.

Also, in my training is that you can't operate unless it's an area you have the authority to act on, ie your own body/health/land/home etc. So asking questions with a pendulum, even about your own future or career etc, someone else, etc, without being in the right setup, will give misleading results.
I think it's really easy to just use a pendulum like this - I've done it when I was needing to get an answer as to where to move, and it didn't give me answers that were borne out. :-/
Just my experience.

I had some testing experiences with owning land in a shared situation (ecovillage) where aboriginal bodies were apparently buried. Once I knew they were there (via Perelandra processes/testing), I used L-Rods to locate where onsite. I was definitely asking to 'show me where the bodies were' (if they were there...)
I've never known for sure though, whether I was actually picking that up - or whether it might have been some other water or rock phenomenon or man-made structure. The post-death processes (Perelandra) I did for the people in question to help them release, felt strongly like they worked, though. But not provable, it wasn't like I wanted to disturb them by digging the area! And the burials would have been too old to be picked up by radar/satellite etc.

I also tested (after Perelandra processes) my boyfriend's old flat for geopathic issues - a place where his ex died of cancer, cats died over the years. Horrible Council flats, poorly maintained, he had night terrors etc etc (and admittedly drug and alcohol issues involved at the time).
This was close to Sydney CBD in Surry Hills. My testing indicated subterranean waterflows (known in that area), all sorts of old pipes as well, also 5G and EMF straight across the road. Many horrible types hanging around this building...I convinced him to move out of there!
I now also use an EMF meter to detect RF/wifi/cell readings which is somewhat useful.

But always more to know - I still wouldn't feel like I could do this professionally.
I think water dowsing will become extremely sought after in years to come, particularly in this country and the US - though I also think there are ethical considerations with this on a case-by-case basis.
I should probably get more familiar with that (using rods). I tend to feel water dowsing is the least complicated of dowsing; yet how can you get the feedback that you're correct unless you use an auger etc? (costly and obviously has an impact)

Thanks all and thanks Grahame for maintaining this site still. I'm seeing all the stuff you're doing online :-)
I wish I was in Glasgow to be able to do a course with you. Considering doing an online one, to boost my confidence with the rods.
Regards,
Tegan
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Welcome back, Tegan. Good to hear from you again.
I can't remember if I previously asked this, but are you in contact with the NSW Dowsing Society? If not, allow me to recommend them to you. I presented at their conference in 2019, they're a great bunch of folks.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Tegan N

Post by Tegan N »

Hi Grahame,
I’ve looked at a number of pages on that site, but can’t find much that is by people in NSW actually dowsing here - most things I saw were either articles by people overseas, or in one case a couple from here testing/finding major lines in the UK/Europe.
Next to nothing on any sites/dowsing related to here.

I didn’t try emailing them as the site looks pretty old.

The most legit other site /dowser I’ve found with real experience (who also knows of the Perelandra processes and uses them) is Arthur of Northwest Dowsing.
I’m a bit turned off by people going and dowsing all this stuff remotely and ‘clearing’ with their intent, uninvited by anyone who has rightful access to the land and not in conscious partnership with nature…which there seem to be a lot of.
My understanding is that’s forcing timing/manipulation which nature won’t participate in. So there’s a bit of a divide there for me.
Glad to see you still here, wondering about that online training you are doing soon. Had a listen to some of a podcast yesterday.
But you say you presented to that NSW group in 2019 - let me know who you think would be the best person for me to contact from the NSW group - I think they’re based in Sydney (Hunters Hill address) - I’m 10 hrs north of there now.
Best wishes,
Tegan
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Tegan N wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:45 am I didn’t try emailing them as the site looks pretty old.
Yeah, it's not the best maintained website, is it? The main organisers of the conference were Rai and Dawn Heller, who I think have now moved to the Blue Mountains and have a small group there. I don't know if they have a website, but Rai does manage the 'Dowsing Australia' page on Facepalm if you're into that sort of thing... :lol:
Grahame
Tegan N

Post by Tegan N »

Yeah I now avoid fb as much as possible but I guess I’ll have a look at that page.
Cheers
Tegan
TinaHolton

Introduce Yourself

Post by TinaHolton »

Good Morning!

I’m re-introducing myself after several years after revisiting my interest in Dowsing (previously gimli1) Although I completed an online course; at the time, I really should have joined one or more of the many local Dowsing groups (I live on the Somerset/Wiltshire border) but life got in the way and I didn’t…

A while ago I was given a Pendulum and began practising with it. I bought lots of books and have a long shopping list to get through too.

Last week whilst practising, I asked the irresistible question ‘Is my father still alive?’ The response was a ‘yes’ and to cut a long story short, it seems he is alive and well and living in an area in South East Cuba.

Just to give you a little bit of background story - my father, at the age of 24 years old back in 1972 set off from Falmouth to attempt to break a world record as being the youngest man to circumnavigate the world in a boat built mainly by himself.

The last radio message from him was off the Cape of Good Hope and from here it was expected that radio contact would not be expected for possibly a couple of months. Unfortunately, this was to be his last contact and despite searches, neither he or his boat were ever found. Eventually he was declared ‘Missing Presumed Dead’

So my conundrum is this, I’m only a beginner in Dowsing…I’m still not sure if I’ve even been in the ‘Dowsing State’ whatever that might be. I’ve used Dowsing protocols and I’ve asked if this information is the Truth to the affirmative. It’s obviously a big thing for me as you might imagine and I wonder if any of you more experienced Dowsers have any advice in terms of should I really be trusting this information or could it be influenced my myself on an emotional level…wishful thinking, perhaps?

I guess the next step for me would be to contact the British Embassy in Havana and of course, if fundage allowed, I’d be on the next flight to Cuba! My intuition is telling me to do just that.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and would really appreciate some expert advice please!

Thank you and I look forward to participating and learning from this fabulous Forum

Tina
TinaHolton

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by TinaHolton »

HELLLLOOOOOOOOO!……….is anybody out there…….!!!!!
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Tina, nice to have you back.

The forum is pretty quiet these days (as are most forums), so don't be surprised if you don't get a reply for quite a while. If you tick the 'notify me when a reply is posted' box underneath your post then you'll get an email when somebody responds.

I've also merged your topic to the main 'Introduce Yourself' thread to keep things tidy. Please start a new topic to discuss your missing father.
Grahame
TinaHolton

Post by TinaHolton »

Thank you Graham…will do
Davedangerous

Post by Davedangerous »

Hello everyone just wanted to say hello. First post on this forum.

Been dowsing for many a year.
So maybe it's time to join this forum.
Parks

Post by Parks »

Hi just call me Parks.
I'm in Australia and interested in divining groups worldwide.
I'm a prospector.
I think divining is one of the best personal tools you can have on board.
Some say it's a kind of magic!
"Well yeh DER!"
I loved that question by a member for anyone to explain how the magic works?
The member wanted to know for their book.
Yeh right!

Anyway G'day.
Parks
ReSwoD

Post by ReSwoD »

Hi, I'm Ian and very happy to have joined the band! I'm in West Yorkshire.

I've been using a pendulum and rods for a number of years mainly on prehistoric sites, with some response success. Basically I'm a novice because a) I'm not sure what I'm doing and b) I'm always surprised when I get a definite response. Recently, I was in the Welsh borders with my wife, who was interested in finding a well, mentioned in a small brochure we came across in a cafe. Outside, we could see no signs to it at a four-way junction. My rod told us to go left, in the direction of the river, which seemed to be an odd place to have a well. So I was sceptical, but followed the advice. Sure enough, on the river bank, we found a sign directing us to the well. Sorry if this sounds a little mundane, but not having had any personal contact with a dowser, I always find myself a little shocked at results like this. Especially in this case, which was very tangible.

Over this miserable Spring, I've used the bad weather to do more reading. I especially liked Dennis Wheatley's "Essential Dowsing Guide" - very clear and very helpful. I also found Tom Lethbridge's "The Power of the Pendulum" intriguing for exploring a different dimension. Abbe Mermet's "Principles and Practices of Radiesthesia" is also a revelation. I'll post a report soon on this site on how I used the practices of the latter two to explore a collection of red granite rocks and pebbles from widely differing parts of the world.

In the meantime, I would love to hear from experienced dowsers and, if there are any in West Yorkshire or thereabouts, perhaps meet up. I'm very open to learning more. Thank you.