The function of ancient sites

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: The function of ancient sites

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Vapour Trail,

I haven't found this Blue Energy River except at Silbury Hill, West Kennet Barrow and Stanton Drew. The other sites I mentioned I dowsed that the river passed beneath them I have no idea where it goes between these points or whether any of the sites mentioned are on branches of that river. If it is a river like other rivers, it will meander. I have dowsed that its average width is about 8 feet but it does not travel in a straight line. I would think it is possible to dowse its position on large scale maps
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Vapour Trail wrote:I have spent much of this year visiting many sacred sites in North Wales and Debyshire trying to work out, through dowsing mainly, what the purpose of ancient sites is. Specifically I am interested in understanding how they work from an energetic perspective :-
  • * What is the purpose of the lines of energy in particular geometric formations?
    * How can they be utilised?
    * Are some sites "broken" and need fixing?
    * What are the effects of the energies from such sites on the surrounding countryside and populations nearby?
    * What are the effects on a dowsing practitioner or visitor to these sites?
I don't intend to clutter up tghis forum with all my ramblings on the subject, so I refer you instead to my blog site where my visits are recorded and somewhat analysed for common features and effects : http://www.hedgedruid.co.uk

I would be very interested in hearing any information that you can suggest from your own experience that contributes to this area of study. Books I have many of, theories abound, but what are YOUR direct experiences of energies at these sites, and how do you think they work?

Thank you for contributing.
Chris (aka Vapour Trail)
Wouldnt ancient sites and Ley lines, trackways be all part of one energy flow, Alfred Watkins when he had the vision of lines flowing along the lanscape perceived that ancient sites His book Early british trackways, moats,mounds,camps and sites, were i think in modern terms more like acupuncture marks, or perhaps marker points, like way marks on radar navigation, to me ley lines are just that navigation lines that hold energy that in turn comnicate within their own enrgy, like a ballanceing act trying to control and keep harmony.
Bryan a some what Dsylexic travler in time and space.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Brian -
to me ley lines are just that navigation lines that hold energy that in turn comnicate within their own enrgy, like a ballanceing act trying to control and keep harmony.
I have dowsed that Ley Lines have no enrgy whatsoever.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:Brian -
to me ley lines are just that navigation lines that hold energy that in turn comnicate within their own enrgy, like a ballanceing act trying to control and keep harmony.
I have dowsed that Ley Lines have no enrgy whatsoever.
Was the line a posotive or negative flow and what part of the line did you dowse, i perceive a ley line is made up of 3 seprate line like the house hold wireing on a 3 pin plug, posotive negative and earth.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

What I dowsed applies to all Ley Lines, Brian.
Geoff

arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Strange, because I get the Ley Lines do have energy.
I get that not only do they have different sizes and flow directions of varying speeds but have colours and also a musical note attached.
I get that like an old church pulpit which has layers of energy relating to the various preachers down the years so human made energy lines will have a certain size dependant on the numbers that have used that route.
I get these are residual energies of who or whatever travelled along this route in times past, and reflect the character of that living traveller/creature.
I do not get that they can be formed by people or creatures in spirit but that which is inheritantly of physical earth.
Arthur
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

arthur hamlin wrote:Strange, because I get the Ley Lines do have energy.
I get that not only do they have different sizes and flow directions of varying speeds but have colours and also a musical note attached.
I get that like an old church pulpit which has layers of energy relating to the various preachers down the years so human made energy lines will have a certain size dependant on the numbers that have used that route.
I get these are residual energies of who or whatever travelled along this route in times past, and reflect the character of that living traveller/creature.
I do not get that they can be formed by people or creatures in spirit but that which is inheritantly of physical earth.
Arthur
Arthur, most ley lines, dragon lines or what ever a culture might name them would have a wise on a spiritual one, like a priest or shaman, Druid, what ever their name their ablity and understanding was to be able to harish selective radadtion type of energy not unlike a fibreoptic cable thus able to transpite and receive aspect of the humun spirit, our clairvouyant or psychic ablity, we are all born with it as we are all bnorn to dowse but some deam to ignore it through slective, sort of brainwashing or conditioning, like the ablity young children inocently are able to freely see and interact with spirit, their invisable friend, oh they grow out of it, well we dowsers and psychic ot again what ever a selective culture may call it bombared our young to dibleive, thus a dowser is only as good as their personal beleif of their ablity.

Ley lines energy lines are i think the lines birds and animals use to navagate across thousands of miles of sea and land the more a line is used the more we who look on backwords and try and understand exactly what it we are seeing feeling hearing and evan senseing, again the more you test and beleive your abity the greare it becomes via self acceptance.

Now ley lines or ley points places of historical value built pwrhaps 12 thound years ag and slowly delevoping int place like the henges, now a spaNNER IN THE WORKS, SHEEP TRAIL OR DROVER ROADS, I FEEL ARE A ASPECT OF ENERGY LINES, THE SAME UNDERSTANDING AND USAGE BEHIND BOTH, LOOK AT THE USEAGE AND YOU WILL SEE INTO THE MINDS BEHIND THE ORIGINAL DESIGN AND THOUGHT.

sorry for the caps, i am for my sins a consultent reader with the british astroligical and psypychic society so i am looking at this as a medium clairvouyant who became or found he could dowse.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

B.J.C. Courtney wrote:thus a dowser is only as good as their personal beleif of their ablity.
Not forgetting that some of us obtain greater success by locating objects and carry out healing work etc beyond personal belief.
Arthur

Edited by I.P. 4.2.11 - put quote in mark-up
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

arthur hamlin wrote:
B.J.C. Courtney wrote:thus a dowser is only as good as their personal beleif of their ablity.
Not forgetting that some of us obtain greater success by locating objects and carry out healing work etc beyond personal belief.
Arthur
Bows to the greater understanding of arthur.

Edited by I.P. 4.2.11 - put quote in mark-up
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Definitions of Ley Lines and Energy Lines (From Earth Energies Group Glossary of Terms.

LEY LINE
The term used by many British dowsers to describe an energy ley. It is easily confused with ley and therefore its use is not recommended by dowsers

ENERGY LEYS
Lines of dowsable energy which generally run straight, are 6-8 feet wide at their central core, and often have further bands or edges to either side. Influenced both in width and strength by lunar and solar cycles. They are often found at what are called sacred sites. Whilst energy leys are considered to be natural energy phenomena it is also thought that they can be created by the formation of structures and in some cases have been observed to appear after a structure is built and are drawn to the site as the result of human activity of a spiritual nature.

ENERGY LINE
The direction energy takes when moving. It may be straight or curved, in several dimensions and be composed of one or more different types of energies, i.e. negative, positive or neutral. Energy lines can be found at standing stones and ancient sites but are a general feature in all energy fields.
Geoff

Vapour Trail
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Vapour Trail »

And this is where I think I manage to agree with both Arthur and Geoff. (Isn't this a classic/old/raging/already settled debate you're having here?).

Arthur said:
Strange, because I get the Ley Lines do have energy.
Arthur
And Geoff repeated the classic BSD definitions, which I agree with.

Having spent four days tracking an energy ley down the country from Arbor Low to Christchurch I found that much of what Arthur says of the lines is something that I agree with:-
a) The lines have male and female energy characteristics within the line (my terms for the polarisation of direct and reflected solar energy, e.g. sun and moon).
b) There were three male and three female lines. The male lines were travelling north and the female lines were travelling south.
c) When the line passed through churches it would generally tend to cross the church at the point where the pulpit or organ was placed. I found it interesting that Arthur used that analogy.
d) The input of people's energies into the line increased the strength of the line at the point where the people congregated - this was especially true of churches with a regular vibrant congregation, or at sacred sites whose architecture has been designed to corral, concentrate and contain the energies.
e) I found that the line was an inherent physical earth feature , not created by man or spirit entity, although the variations in strength along the line could be affected by the maintenance of the structures placed upon it.
f) The neutral aspect of the line was the balance of the male and female energies within it. If they were out of balance then the line was less strong. So, what I mean is, a "neutral" line is composed of a balanced set of male and female type energy lines.

I think this creates some interesting feedback into the concepts of architecture and energy forms, of human intention being a factor in line strength and vitality, and of the concept of earth acupuncture as a means of maintaining balance.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Vapour Trail
Having spent four days tracking an energy ley down the country from Arbor Low to Christchurch I found that much of what Arthur says of the lines is something that I agree with:-
a) The lines have male and female energy characteristics within the line (my terms for the polarisation of direct and reflected solar energy, e.g. sun and moon).
b) There were three male and three female lines. The male lines were travelling north and the female lines were travelling south.
c) When the line passed through churches it would generally tend to cross the church at the point where the pulpit or organ was placed. I found it interesting that Arthur used that analogy.
d) The input of people's energies into the line increased the strength of the line at the point where the people congregated - this was especially true of churches with a regular vibrant congregation, or at sacred sites whose architecture has been designed to corral, concentrate and contain the energies.
e) I found that the line was an inherent physical earth feature , not created by man or spirit entity, although the variations in strength along the line could be affected by the maintenance of the structures placed upon it.
f) The neutral aspect of the line was the balance of the male and female energies within it. If they were out of balance then the line was less strong. So, what I mean is, a "neutral" line is composed of a balanced set of male and female type energy lines
Hi, I took the liberty of dowsing what you had written and got agreenement with the whole lot !

I have come to the conclusion that a Ley Line is a Ley Line is a Ley Line and has no inherent energy only memory and that is what we can dowse. However, from what you have written above, I would suggest that some Ley Lines can become an Energy Lines if parts or the whole line are regularly used by living things that impart their energy to the original line - this may seem a little pedantic but I think it does distinguish between what was and what is now. There could well, therefore, be both time and use elements involved. It might be that the more living things use or congregate on these lines the wider they become there is an increase in the types of energy they contain

Comments ?
Geoff

simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Dowsed agreement, Geoff.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Thanks, Simon.
Geoff

arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:Vapour Trail
A LITTLE INPUT FROM ARTHUR, NAMELY:-
I REGRET THAT I DO NOT GET THAT HEAVENLY BODIES ARE INVOLVED.
I AGREE HERE BUT GET THAT THE NUMBER OF MALE LINES GOING NORTH INCREASED.
INVARIABLY I GET THAT THE ENERGY LINE CAME FIRST AND THAT THE PULPIT WAS CONSTRUCTED OVER IT AND NOT ALWAYS MAN MADE. I FOUND THAT IN THE EAST ANGLIAN ROUND TOWER CHURCHES WITHOUT EXCEPTION A MAN MADE ENERGY LINE PASSED THROUGH EACH ROUND TOWER BUT NOT THE LATER SQUARE TOWERED ONES.
I AGREE. I ALSO FIND IT IS SO INTERESTING TO CONTACT THE SPIRIT GUARDIAN OF THESE CHURCHES AND ASK THEM HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN THERE, WHAT FEATURE THEY LIKE ABOUT THE CHURCH, WHEN EACH CHURCH WAS IN ITS PRIME AS REGARDS CHURCH ATTENDANCE, MARRIAGE ATTENDANCE NUMBERS ETC.
I DID FIND NON MAN MADE LINES IN THESE OLD CHURCHES AND FOUND MANY JUST EMERGING OUT OF THE GROUND AND THAN RETURNING BACK DOWN INTO THE EARTH AGAIN A DISTANCE AWAY. SOMETIMES THESE WOULD CROSS PEWS AND WOULD BE TOLD WHAT HEALTH CONDITION THIS WOULD HELP TO HEAL IF A PERSON SAT THERE.
f) The neutral aspect of the line was the balance of the male and female energies within it. If they were out of balance then the line was less strong. So, what I mean is, a "neutral" line is composed of a balanced set of male and female type energy lines
I AGREE BUT ONLY RELATING TO THE TRAVERSING OF PHYSICAL PEOPLE OVER MANY THOUSANDS OF YEARS.
IF ANYONE CARES TO DOWSE THE AGE OF THE MAN MADE ENERGY LINE PASSING THROUGH THE TOWER OF YAXHAM CHURCH NEAR DEREHAM IN NORFOLK I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED TO KNOW OF YOUR RESPONSE. ACCORDING TO MY DOWSING IT IS EXCEEDINGLY OLD WHEN MEN WERE VERY HAIRY.

ARTHUR

Hi, I took the liberty of dowsing what you had written and got agreenement with the whole lot !

I have come to the conclusion that a Ley Line is a Ley Line is a Ley Line and has no inherent energy only memory and that is what we can dowse. However, from what you have written above, I would suggest that some Ley Lines can become an Energy Lines if parts or the whole line are regularly used by living things that impart their energy to the original line - this may seem a little pedantic but I think it does distinguish between what was and what is now. There could well, therefore, be both time and use elements involved. It might be that the more living things use or congregate on these lines the wider they become there is an increase in the types of energy they contain

Comments ?
I AGREE GEOFF ALTHOUGH MEMORY IN A LEY LINE MAY BE CONSIDERED AS ENERGY AND IF SO IT IS ALIVE.
MY TURN TO BE PEDANTIC.
ARTHUR