Is the Dowser at Risk?

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
griff
Novice
Novice

Re: Is the Dowser at Risk?

Post by griff »

George wrote:
"Why lose all your own earned credibility by the 'bluff' of one declaration to upset all what you have earned?"

(IMHO) When searching for something on behalf of a client or friend, it is essential that it is made clear that dowsing reactions provide indications only, to be verified or disproved by further action. To categorically declare that one is absolutely confident in pinpointing the position of the subject of ones search is foolish in the extreme and risks litigation and damage to the reputations of all those concerned.

Regards Griff. 8)
Old Bob

Post by Old Bob »

The biggest risk about dowsing is the people who think you are mad,and get enough of them around you will break your thoughts. I don't get threats because I'm big and ugly and short on being nice. Masons hate seeing one dowsing their temples. (too bad) The lower members have no idea about ley lines. Have been on open forums and find it impossible to explain anything about dowsing guess the refined food with all the bad stuff is affecting our people. I have been lucky and missed out on fluroide poison and we grow much of our food. Some one mentioned the "Bishop rule" on judging depth of water etc? I have always just run measurements through my mind till the rods react. Could soeone explain how to use the bishop rule please.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Old Bob,

Bishop's Rule

This passage is taken from Chapter 2 (Dowsing & Archaeology) from Tom Graves' book 'Needles of Stone'.

http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/Glastonbu ... ontnt.html

'Underwood uses the term 'parallel' for an image version of the so-called 'Bishop's Rule', a depth-finding technique that has been used by dowsers for centuries. Underwood's 'parallels' run parallel to the water-line and separated from the centre of the apparent line by a distance approximately equal to the depth of the water-flow at that point; while the Bishop's Rule states that if you walk outward from directly above the centre of the water-line, you will get a second reaction of your dowsing-rod at a distance out that coincides with the depth of the stream at the point which you started from. In both cases the rule is that 'the distance out equals the distance down'; Underwood's 'parallels' can be seen as the loci derived from measuring the Bishop's Rule outward from an infinite number of points on the water-line. Underwood's 'flow-lines' are small feathery lines, usually S-shaped, formed on both sides of the water-line; they 'follow' the apparent strength and direction of flow, rather like the eddy-currents formed in still air by the passing of a car.'

Regarding your comments about the Masons, don't forget that many unenlightened twits still regard dowsing as being linked to the 'Devil' as they regard a dowser as some kind of witch and follow the biblical instruction of "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" although that does conflict, in some minds with the Commandment - "You shall not murder". Many are also simply afraid of what they don't understand or what they cannot prove scientifically.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
griff
Novice
Novice

Post by griff »

Hi Bob.
Bishop's Rule.

Useful for determining the depth of a buried linear object such as a drain or water pipe. and sometimes shallow subterranean water courses.

Such linear objects can give parallel reactions to the dowser. Firstly identify the indicated direction of the run of the pipe or watercourse. Walk away to the side. Approach the pipe at 90 degrees to the run. As you do so a reaction will occur. This is the first mark , or 'Outer'. Relax, recock your rod, move slowly on. The second mark will be the pipe. Relax, recock and move on. The third mark or 'Outer' will react. The second mark may not be equidistant from the two 'Outers'. Ignore that because the depth is half the distance between the two outer marks.

Deeper source indications for drilling sites where courses are intersected at different depths are best dowsed by the counting method in multiples of five feet from ground level at the chosen site, visualising the hammer bit sinking into the ground. Aggregate yields can be estimated by dowsing using the count-up method in gallons or litres per hour.
This works for me. Others may find that their own individual methods work for them.
The rural water engineer has the opportunity to see and record the results of drilling or excavation on sites selected by dowsing and often has the advantage of long and continuous experience in such matters.

Kind regards

Griff.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Geoff: Regading your comments about the Masons, don't forget that many unenlightened twits still regard dowsing as being linked to the 'Devil' as they regard a dowser as some kind of witch and follow the biblical instruction of "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" although that does conflict, in some minds with the Commandment - "You shall not murder". Many are also simply afraid of what they don't understand or what they cannot prove scientifically.
My great grandfather was both a successful dowser and a Freemason. He managed to reconcile the two!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

(Simon) My great grandfather was both a successful dowser and a Freemason. He managed to reconcile the two!

So did my farher, Simon. I don't consider all Masons to be twits.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

No I had family that were Masons, and when he passed I was treated very well by his fellow Masons, who went out of their way to help me.Treat folk as they treat you is my motto, be polite and help where you can, and if they think you work for the Devil show them you dont, problem solved.And that goes for the clergy and Catholics and others, they for the most part dont understand even today and keep you at arms length, but carry on and do good works anyway, you have been picked to serve so just go with the flow and enjoy life.
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

Mike - The CIA and even A.Hitler employ(ed),dowsers. It seems that the universal information source accessed by dowsing, is open to both employees of God and The Devil Apparently, Hitler employed a dowser to find the best places to get the most restfull sleep...which in turn gave him more energy to kill even more people.........now that IS 'working for the Devil'..
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I wrote a post, but removed it as its about the future and not very nice......I think in life EEL you do your best and where people dont understand your views or what you do, just carry on in your own way and try and educate others as best you can along the way.Post subjects here and talk about experiences and share with others what your about, its all you can do, life is like a book, read it and absorb anything of interest and pass on to others the best parts.We learn from those who went before, so its good to write down today all things of interest that might prove special tomorrow to someone else.Who in turn may write/post here or other forums and enlarge the scope of dowsing and para normal things we experience to a point where people understand better with open minds and hearts. Dont worry about getting it wrong, we are all on a path of learning,share your thoughts and views and let history be the judge. 8)
tightwines
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tightwines »

I think Dowsing is undergoing a fundamental change, but it will take time to percolate through to the general public.

A few months ago The Times mentioned that a dowser in Bavaria was engaged to work on a notorious 'accident hotpot'. The local Council reluctantly paid him (in spite of great local opposition!). But, The Times reported, there have been no more accidents since on that accident hot-spot ....

American dowsers like Raymon Grace (and his many followers) have begun to clean up the planet and do extraordinary things; and it is gradually - thanks to the internet - spreading.

We have people in the UK doing similar things to heal and clear people's homes, their locality, and ultimately the planet.

On a slightly negative note, my wife recently told my 40 year old daughter of my interest in such things, and her answer was "what crap"!

Ah well!
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

Sorry to hear that your daughter thinks your dowsing is crap Tightwines. Luckily, my teenage daughter has put me in her 'a bit strange , a little nerdy and therefore possibly cool' catagory.........when she was at primary school I was definetely in the 'embarrisngly weird and not normal 'catorgory......times change 8)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

When I was invited to talk on Radio WM our local Birmingham radio the family asked me NOT to use my full name, so Im UFO MIKE, oh well, but I get very nice cards on my birthday and big wet kisses....And oh yes, all the ufo pictures are helicopters they tell me, HAVE you been to Specsavers dad ? Black Water Lines can be found at every accident black spot I know of, but thankfully not any more.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The sight of flowers tied to a tree where somebody had died should now be a thing of the past since the Black Water Lines are no more, but bad driving will always be something to hurt and kill people worst luck....My view has always be drive as fast as you wish as long as you are driving safe and think of others on the road, simple really.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

mike wrote:The sight of flowers tied to a tree where somebody had died should now be a thing of the past since the Black Water Lines are no more, but bad driving will always be something to hurt and kill people worst luck....My view has always be drive as fast as you wish as long as you are driving safe and think of others on the road, simple really.
I would have written your final sentence very slightly differently:

My view has always be drive as fast as you wish as long as you are driving safe and think of others on the road, simple really
My view has always be drive as fast as you wish as long as you are driving safe and think of others on the road as being simple really

:oops: :lol:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I get your drift Simon. :lol: